Sabres at Islanders - 4/9/16 7:30 pm

inkman

They list him at like 6'1" and 190 lbs.

He has always looked a bit skinny to me on the ice with equipment on, relatively speaking.

I'd love to see him bulk up a bit too.

Yeah, you look at the difference between him and Foligno and it's vast.  Not saying they have the same body type or height.  But either Zemgus has to alter his game or gain more muscle to make him effective.

I agree, and I don't believe Bogo is good enough in those other areas to offset his weaknesses on what I'm looking for. And FWIW, the stats don't support any notion that he's some kind of defensive dynamo either--if anything, they point to him as a defensive liability. And the injuries/contract really stick in my craw. Death, taxes, and Bogosian missing 20 games.

Edit: Sorry if I'm coming off cranky at the moment. Grading short answer responses and....yea...I'm not sure why I bother lecturing at all :wallbash:

Thing I think you miss with Bogo is that his size/skating combo is elite and he brings a physical edge.

Physically, he's a first pairing guy who can play all night long and against top talent.

Unfortunately, his hands and head are often third-pairing.

I think that makes him a second-pairing guy and like Tondas said, I think he will be an asset in the playoffs.

But this belongs in the bunker thread and thats where it should go if we continue.

Edited by dudacek

Thing I think you miss with Bogo is that his size/skating combo is elite and he brings a physical edge.

Physically, he's a first pairing guy who can play all night long and against top talent.

I think that makes him a second-pairing guy and like Tondas said, I think he will be an asset in the playoffs.

But this belongs in the bunker thread and thats where it should go if we continue.

Oh, it'll continue...just not right now. I can't dedicate enough attention to the debate to full flesh out my argument. But don't you worry, the Bunker thread will have a manifesto when you least expect it! :D

I understand the Islanders are probably playing slow because they'd rather not face the Pens in the 1st round (if anybody has watched the Panthers, that might not be a good idea), but is this team really a playoff team? I am so unimpressed right now. 

That's a fair assessment. 

I understand the Islanders are probably playing slow because they'd rather not face the Pens in the 1st round (if anybody has watched the Panthers, that might not be a good idea), but is this team really a playoff team? I am so unimpressed right now. 

Well this is their "B" unit and their #4 goalie on the depth chart...

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.