NWHL Isobel Cup Finals - Boston Pride v Buffalo Beauts

darksabre

The Beauts were slow to start the season but upset the Connecticut Whale to make it to the Cup Finals. Game 1 is streaming right now on the NWHL YouTube account and puck drop is coming shortly.

For those that want to see it on a big screen, I'm running it on the YouTube app on my xbox and it appears to be an HD feed.

Is it me or are these announcers biased? About the most blatant trip ever on Buffalo, not only is there no call, but the announcers were calling for a diving penalty.

I agreed with the announcers. I shouted 'dive' at the TV before the announcers even thought it.

That is some slow hockey. Should be on a smaller surface - a lot of open white ice.

It's definitely not the same speed or physicality of the men's game, but I enjoy watching them play. I know some of the ladies on the Beauts so I like seeing them play after college.

Well, that sucked. Although Hilary Knight :wub:

She's a machine. Dreamy.

It's definitely not the same speed or physicality of the men's game, but I enjoy watching them play. I know some of the ladies on the Beauts so I like seeing them play after college.

She's a machine. Dreamy.

I enjoyed the few minutes I watched it, but even the skill level looks below what one would expect for the top athletes in a given sport.

And couldn't the Buffalo club come up with a better name - given the history of the city.

I enjoyed the few minutes I watched it, but even the skill level looks below what one would expect for the top athletes in a given sport.

Women's hockey is still growing as a sport. It's going to take time for them to really cultivate an abundance of high level talent. They've really had no reason to without a good pro league to aim for. It's college, maybe a Canadian league, and maybe Olympics. Not a ton of incentive beyond love of the game.

I hope a pro league with US teams and real salaries can push the skill level up. These girls have talent.

Women's hockey is still growing as a sport. It's going to take time for them to really cultivate an abundance of high level talent. They've really had no reason to without a good pro league to aim for. It's college, maybe a Canadian league, and maybe Olympics. Not a ton of incentive beyond love of the game.

I hope a pro league with US teams and real salaries can push the skill level up. These girls have talent.

If one or both leagues have success, I forsee a merger with the CWHL in the future. Create a 8 man team, merging the two Boston teams, and move Calgary east to some where else (maybe philly or pittsburgh). That would be cool. It'd be to bad that there'd be nothing out west, but having only ONE team out west is even worse.

I'm sad I didn't make it to any games this year, I'll have to rectify that next year.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.