NWHL Isobel Cup Finals - Boston Pride v Buffalo Beauts

darksabre

Unless it is subsidized by the nhl ala wnba, don't see it being super successful, but I wish them luck.

I think they will end up doing this at some point. I think the NHL will want to see if the interest is there first. If you do well in cities like Buffalo, Boston and NYC then you have a chance.

If one or both leagues have success, I forsee a merger with the CWHL in the future. Create a 8 man team, merging the two Boston teams, and move Calgary east to some where else (maybe philly or pittsburgh). That would be cool. It'd be to bad that there'd be nothing out west, but having only ONE team out west is even worse.

I'm sad I didn't make it to any games this year, I'll have to rectify that next year.

My own games being on Sunday nights in a different city are a huge hindrance haha but I think the games did good on attendance without us.

It's a good event to take your little girls to if you're a parent. The women's college games drew a similar crowd. Parents bringing their little girls to see some heroes.

I think they will end up doing this at some point. I think the NHL will want to see if the interest is there first. If you do well in cities like Buffalo, Boston and NYC then you have a chance.

My own games being on Sunday nights in a different city are a huge hindrance haha but I think the games did good on attendance without us.

It's a good event to take your little girls to if you're a parent. The women's college games drew a similar crowd. Parents bringing their little girls to see some heroes.

And boys! 

Good recap of the game:

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nhl-puck-daddy/boston-pride-win-controversial-game-1-of-isobel-cup-075303722.html?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

Of course boys too haha I just know from women's college games that the girls really get a lot out of it.

I thought the penalty shot was the right call, unfortunately.

How does a sports writer get away with calling the officials "Zebras"? That's a little unprofessional...

Of course boys too haha I just know from women's college games that the girls really get a lot out of it.

I thought the penalty shot was the right call, unfortunately.

How does a sports writer get away with calling the officials "Zebras"? That's a little unprofessional...

I mean, its Yahoo, I lower my expectations.

Edited by sabills

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.