GDT: Boston @ Buffalo, 7:00 pm est, 2-4-2016

WildCard

I think I would rather have an extended overtime instead of a shootout.

I know the networks wouldn't want to see double or triple overtime, but I would.

Not the networks, it's the NHLPA. I'm all for continuous OT, it's hands down the greatest event in sports. 

I'll still want Win: 3, OT win: 2, SO win: 1

remember Vanek's full slapshot from 15-20 feet on a SO goal? Ah, those were the days. Too much of this coming in way wide and slow weak a** shite.

DB's SO choices are like bringing a knife to a gunfight, or fighting with one arm tied behind your back, or any other lame analogy one can think of.

I have no earthly clue what goes on in Dan Bylsma's head. Eichel, Samson, O'Reilly in the shootout. Every time. Maybe Risto if not Samson

From someone who is reportedly so cerebral and intelligent, he makes some incredibly dumb decisions.  Gionta? No comment.  Kane?  He, I suppose, deserved the nod because of his effort.....but, he misses the net completely 97% of the time; clearly he scores more after hours at the Marriott.  He is a lot of flash (I appreciate his game, but his outlandish shot selection choices are cringe-worthy).  ROR?  Normally a decent decision, but he has been quiet and seemingly in a funk lately.

Agreed on your SO selections.  I think McGinn and Girgs should break into that rotation from time to time, too.I'd like to see Pysyk give it a try, too....he is a smart player and would probably take a calculated shot that would actually be close to representing an actual scoring chance vs. what we saw tonight.

Deflating way to end a game that saw some great effort.

From someone who is reportedly so cerebral and intelligent, he makes some incredibly dumb decisions.  Gionta? No comment.  Kane?  He, I suppose, deserved the nod because of his effort.....but, he misses the net completely 97% of the time; clearly he scores more after hours at the Marriott.  He is a lot of flash (I appreciate his game, but his outlandish shot selection choices are cringe-worthy).  ROR?  Normally a decent decision, but he has been quiet and seemingly in a funk lately.

Agreed on your SO selections.  I think McGinn and Girgs should break into that rotation from time to time, too.I'd like to see Pysyk give it a try, too....he is a smart player and would probably take a calculated shot that would actually be close to representing an actual scoring chance vs. what we saw tonight.

Deflating way to end a game that saw some great effort.

That's the thing that gets me with DD. For as much as we heard about him being into analytics, he seems like a rather dim-witted guy

I'd like to be on record as saying as soon as we start using Samson in shootouts, he'll be our best shooter. It really seems like it'd be his thing.

I'm going to repeat this because I think it's important; whatever it is, Jack's decision on the ice or a coach telling him to, that has him spending the power play in front of the net, it needs to stop now and for the rest of eternity. Jack goes on the half wall with the puck, not standing there so a Kane shot can ride up a stick and fly into the mesh over his head. And Sam should be on instead of Kane anyway.

I'd like to be on record as saying as soon as we start using Samson in shootouts, he'll be our best shooter. It really seems like it'd be his thing.

I'm going to repeat this because I think it's important; whatever it is, Jack's decision on the ice or a coach telling him to, that has him spending the power play in front of the net, it needs to stop now and for the rest of eternity. Jack goes on the half wall with the puck, not standing there so a Kane shot can ride up a stick and fly into the mesh over his head. And Sam should be on instead of Kane anyway.

That's the coach's decision. You can tell because he only ever does that on 4-3 pp, otherwise he circles up top with Risto. Only on the 4 man pp is he down low like that. And I couldn't agree more about Samson

I'll play devil's advocate and suggest DD may be reluctant to use Eichel and Reinhart in the shootouts because he has observed in practice that they just aren't very good at it and doesn't want to give them that pressure as a result.

GO SABRES!!!

I'll play devil's advocate and suggest DD may be reluctant to use Eichel and Reinhart in the shootouts because he has observed in practice that they just aren't very good at it and doesn't want to give them that pressure as a result.

GO SABRES!!!

Eh, but he put Jack out there in the first SO of the season. This is a growing year, not giving your guys chances where they can learn is detrimental 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.