Overwhelming guilt

Neo's legacy 61

I hadn't looked at any #fancystats in a while.

I did just now, and saw that the Sabres CF% (that's their Corsi For percentage (which is derived as 100 x CF / (CF + CA)) is 23rd in the league.

I know it may produce eye rolls in some, but it gives me some comfort to see that at least one of their #fancystats is where I thought they'd be in the standings.

Their PDO remains very low -- 28th. 

I hadn't looked at any #fancystats in a while.

I did just now, and saw that the Sabres CF% (that's their Corsi For percentage (which is derived as 100 x CF / (CF + CA)) is 23rd in the league.

I know it may produce eye rolls in some, but it gives me some comfort to see that at least one of their #fancystats is where I thought they'd be in the standings.

Their PDO remains very low -- 28th. 

Buffalo:

FF% Close, 5v5 = 46.1%

League Leader, LAK:

FF% Close, 5v5 = 57.4%

http://stats.hockeyanalysis.com/teamstats.php?disp=1&db=201516&sit=5v5close&sort=FFPCT&sortdir=DESC

Edit: If I were a brighter man, I would have looked at my dates first. I've corrected it since

Edited by WildCard

Speaking of the Darcy let themOilers, imagine if  sign Vanek and took their 5 first round picks a     eam and maybe they wouldn't have had such n the fold, but what if t ended up with hey did?   We'd have ended up with guys nd Yakupov if they took the same guys.  s compensation back in 2007?    Man oh man oh malike Eberle, Hall, an....  the league would be completely different.    I understand EDM wohigh picks with Vanek iuld've been a different t Maybe BUF  would'veMcDavid too?

what. the.

We're also dead last in FF%. Fenwick Close teams, those who have an above 50%, make the playoffs 75% of the time. We're at 43.5%, LA leads the league with 57.3%. 

this site says we're 26th at 47.2.  :huh:

http://stats.hockeyanalysis.com/teamstats.php?disp=1&db=201516&sit=5v5&sort=FFPCT&sortdir=DESC

Probably because I clicked on the first google link I found, which, for some reason, led me to 2012-2013

http://stats.hockeyanalysis.com/teamstats.php?disp=1&db=201213&sit=5v5close&sort=FFPCT&sortdir=DESC

Why, why, why. 

So, that one I used in the 2015-2016 Sabres stats thread? No good? I realize it's not limited to 5v5, so it will have different %'s

For some reason, I thought that was this thread. Whoops :lol:

Anyway yea, nobody has any idea what SAP is doing (including SAP), but the stats there are in many cases radically different than other stat sites. It can't be trusted.

For some reason, I thought that was this thread. Whoops :lol:

Anyway yea, nobody has any idea what SAP is doing (including SAP), but the stats there are in many cases radically different than other stat sites. It can't be trusted.

Well, I'm off to go fix that post.  :D

what. the.

It's OK we all just blame the phone.

My first post from my phone was so awesome I posted it twice ... in the same post.

Thank you all for the gracious welcome to my son. I posted without acknowledging the relationship earlier today because, frankly, I didn't know HE wanted it known. I am a load. He is a good man. I am a lucky man. His mom's awesome sauce. Grateful, all ... and keep up the good work, Junior!

I think this is awesome that the son of Neo is on board the good ship.

Any son of Neo is a son of mine, brother.  You know what I mean.

I for one will fight to my last dying post this attempt to propagate a Neo dynasty here. Believe me, there will be more Neos to come. This is what they do. One comes and gets established, sends some Internet money back home. Then another comes. Then we're all saying "grateful" and "insight" and it's not SabreSpace anymore. We need to close new registrations to this site!!!!!

Out loud! I laughed out loud.

PA - Insight!

NS - Grateful!

Propagate is my self assessment word of the day.

61 is a reference to Junior's co-favorite player from his youth. His jerseys were 61 and 39.

And my YOB IS 61. Vintage ....

There were a few seasons where Max was just a thrilling player to watch. 

Absolutely.

The speed, the moves ... when he used those skills for good (and not evil) he was poetry in motion.

Abso-freakin-lutely. Especially in that post-lockout run where he could just wheel without any clutching or grabbing. Man, he was fun. And that seeing eye slapper was needed in order to make Drury's legend what it is. (61 had been struggling up until then, yes?)

Abso-freakin-lutely. Especially in that post-lockout run where he could just wheel without any clutching or grabbing. Man, he was fun. And that seeing eye slapper was needed in order to make Drury's legend what it is. (61 had been struggling up until then, yes?)

He actually spent at least game four in the press box, IIRC.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.