GDT: Washington @ Buffalo, 7:00 p est, 1-16-2016

WildCard

Yes, he's a shell of his former self. The only thing that makes me hesitate is his mentorship of Eichel. Although, Eich's in a bit of a funk lately....

Not even the most old school "need good guys in the room" hockey person on the planet would think Moulson's housing Eichel is worth $5 million for three more years :)

Eichel is probably slamming into,the dreaded NCAA wall about now. The limits on how many games there are and how much you can practice do not translate well to an NHL schedule. He gets a pass (from me anyway, as much as that's worth) for the remainder of the season. Next year, however, we're expecting him to be spitting straight fire...

Not even the most old school "need good guys in the room" hockey person on the planet would think Moulson's housing Eichel is worth $5 million for three more years :)

Talking about good guys in the room, where does Gionta fit in? I get he is a vet with experience; however, if the guy isn't producing do you keep him just because he is good guy in the room?

I think we have a team Gordie hat trick.

Edited by hockeyhound

Talking about good guys in the room, where does Gionta fit in? I get he is a vet with experience; however, if the guy isn't producing do you keep him just because he is good guy in the room?

I think he's been fine on the 3rd line. I'd prefer to replace him with someone who isn't a possession black hole, but I have no problem with him playing out his contract as long as Bylsma doesn't start feeding him 21 minutes again. He's only under contract through next season.

Well when you put it like that, I agree. However, I don't want "the business" of the game to impact Eich at this point in his career. To underestimate the bond he has with Moulson would be foolish. We need positive vibes and our superstars to be happy.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.