Sabres Schedule and the Western Conference

darksabre

The tank did a number on me. This seriously started two seasons ago?

I feel like we play the West way too much.

Well on the bright side we're done with 3 of the top 4 teams in the West already and it's still November. Very weird scheduling.

The tank did a number on me. This seriously started two seasons ago?

I feel like we play the West way too much.

H&H w/ everyone is too much?

That's historically been 1 of the great things about NHL hockey - you get a chance to see every player in the league in your barn every year. (They got away from it for a while, but it's back and it should be.)

Not that anyone wanted to see the Bucs play the Bills in Buffalo, but it took ~25 years for them to play in Buffalo. That's just stupid.

They must rise to the challenge, and must grow in the face of adversity.

Yes, this.  Personally I think they exceeded expectations in November.  Tomorrow's game against Detroit should be exciting.  Since we won't see Jack v. Connor right away, a matchup between Eich and Dylan Larkin is pretty much the next best thing.

Funny thing is, we still play Vancouver, Edmonton, Calgary, LA, and Arizona in our next 7 (Detroit is the other 2)

Poopy, poopy scheduling 

It's not poopy scheduling.  The general populace does not care about November/December games.  Football is dominating people's minds. The NHL is getting the cross-country games out of the way early so that they can have the focus of the second half of the season on conference/divisional play (except for Tampa.. I can't explain that).

In the second half, when people are interested in hockey more, they will be presented with games that have more meaning in the standings and probably carry a bit more animosity.

It's not poopy scheduling.  The general populace does not care about November/December games.  Football is dominating people's minds. The NHL is getting the cross-country games out of the way early so that they can have the focus of the second half of the season on conference/divisional play (except for Tampa.. I can't explain that).

In the second half, when people are interested in hockey more, they will be presented with games that have more meaning in the standings and probably carry a bit more animosity.

You give the NHL Brass more credit than I am willing to. I wouldn't doubt their logic is *get the long road trips out of the way before the weather turns bad*. 

It is poopy scheduling, even though the point you make is very true. You should evenly spread these matchups over the course of a full season in order to even out any effects of injuries or team development. What if in the month stretch that we played TB a ton they had Stamkos and then he gets a season ending injury this week? Other eastern teams get a much easier opponent than the TB we saw.

These events are mitigated if we play teams evenly throughout the year.

Nope. The NFL plays 4 days a week, so the NHL can't put on good games the other 3? And, if we're trying so hard to avoid the NFL, why are we playing a Sunday night game, the same exact time SNF is on, against the Oilers, in what was supposed to show case the two best rookie prospects since Malkin faced Ovie? The Bills and Sabres have both played on the same nights, on the only two prime time games the Bills have. 

And the point of cross-conference games is to showcase all of the talent the NHL has, not to bury it away when "Football is dominating people's minds"

Edited by WildCard

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.