GDT: San Jose @ Buffalo, 7:00 pm est, 11/14/2015

WildCard

Wouldn't he have gone to the dark room, the light room, the quiet room, whatever? That OT shift was 1:36, which couldn't have helped. They had trouble changing being at that end of the ice.

As you earlier stated, idk why Gionta starts OT with O Reilly. Anyone in the top 6 is better. Then Eichel and Ennis did zilch for 30 seconds, except take a terrible shot. And then Larsson and girgs just get stuck out there forever (2 guys you don't want out there) and viola, game. Where was Samson, how about someone good with o, Reilly. Me thinks our team needs some 3 on 3 work

Notes:

Zemgus was lost in OT. Concussion?

Two well coached teams.

Needed more from Sabres bottom 6. Delauries played a nice game, but the bottom 6 left sharks too comfy.

Colliacovo is really playing well.

EICHEL was getting a ton of attention from San Jose, first team to really game plan him to try to freeze him on the walls.

I think Ennis might need a few days off. He was a human pinball last night.

I was at the game with my family last night and I agree with all of what you said.......Ennis went into those board really hard I was worried big time......When Eichel made a burst down the wing late in the third the entire arena stopped breathing, it was magical seeing him turn on the Jets......ROR's goal was a beauty.........I thought the first goal was really bad, I was sitting behind that net and it looked like a very salable shot..........It was a lot of fun feeling the positive vibe in the arena before, during and after the game..........Gonna see about 4 or 5 games this year........Price is steep with the exchange rate

aren't both Sabre goalies backups?

LOL, well there is that.  I guess he's backup to Linus who is the backup to whatshisname?  I only saw him for like 5 minutes this season before he left injured - the name doesn't stick.  Watkins..... I think that's our injured starting goalie's last name.  

Edited by Jsixspd

A point was enough to move the 2015-16 Sabres ahead of the 2005-06 Sabres through 17 GP.

Who didn't get excited reading this?

It seemed to me he made a very un-Zemgus-like play in overtime tapping the puck to nobody. Which San Jose jumped on to win.

I think he just got caught out there too long and had nothing left in the tank. I hope that's all it was anyway.

I absolutely hate 3 on 3 OT.  

Yes, it makes it more likely a goal will be scored.  It also makes it 0% likely that anything resembling good hockey will take place.  4 on 4 was exciting and still looked like NHL hockey.  Why not just make OT 10 minutes of 4 on 4?  

Anyways, not my favorite game of all-time.  Glad we got the point.

Yes, it makes it more likely a goal will be scored.  It also makes it 0% likely that anything resembling good hockey will take place.  4 on 4 was exciting and still looked like NHL hockey.  Why not just make OT 10 minutes of 4 on 4?  

With shootouts and now 3-on-3 OT, it makes more sense than ever that regulation wins should be worth 3 points.  They're clearly more indicative of team play as a whole, so it makes sense to be worth more.  It would also make every game a 3-point game.

Who didn't get excited reading this?

I think he just got caught out there too long and had nothing left in the tank. I hope that's all it was anyway.

To match the 05-06 team's next 17 games, we only need to go 15-1-1. We got this.

And we need Ullmark to become Ryan Miller. And Ullmark to start, for that matter

Edited by WildCard

Players won't agree to 10 minute OT

Sign me up for the anti-3-on-3 brigade.

It's ugly and terrifying.

Gionta was out the because he was one of the best Sabrs last night.

I was yelling at Zemgus to get off at least 30 seconds before the goal.

I'd like to see Reinhart get a look in OT.

I agree that Gionta has been playing well the past few games, but I think he starts OT because he's the captain/a veteran, because he also started at least one of the Philly/Toronto overtimes (I believe both) and got a full shift or two in each, and, well, let's just say the stretch of games including those are going to be absent from his career highlight video...

It sure beats the shootout IMO. It still looks like NHL hockey to me because I remember when it was NHL hockey. 

You just had to be that guy, didn't you? :angry:

I was going to point out that we are also below three non-playoffs year (2008-09, 2011-12 and 2012-13), so ...

;)

As for 3-on-3, I though that they were going to do 5 min 4-on-4 followed by (if necessary) 5 minutes of 3-on-3.  I would have preferred that.  3-on-3 is almost as cheesy as the shootout. 

Gotta say, I am not a fan of it either. I rather liked 4 on 4. 3 on 3 basically just comes down to repeated odd-man rushes going both ways.

With shootouts and now 3-on-3 OT, it makes more sense than ever that regulation wins should be worth 3 points.  They're clearly more indicative of team play as a whole, so it makes sense to be worth more.  It would also make every game a 3-point game.

For sure. It doesn't make sense right now that some games are worth 2 points, and others 3.

Sign me up for the anti-3-on-3 brigade.

It's ugly and terrifying.

Weird, that's precisely why I like it.

I think part of it is that coaches haven't yet figured out the ideal strategies for 3v3 yet. The coaches don't know how to coach for it, the players don't know how to play it.  I love the extreme riskiness of it, and prefer it to the shootout.

Edited by The Big Johnson

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.