Linus Ullmark: the Swede that we need

LGR4GM

http://video.sabres.nhl.com/videocenter/console?catid=668&id=927237&cmpid=sm-tw-video

Listen to Linus Ullmark, never takes credit, always giving it to the team. :worthy:

This team has alot of what a team needs, just look at Evander Kanes pass to Reinheart, comming from Jets, hearing the buus, that was

one hell of an teamspirit he showed there by making that pass.

Things like these players show, will eventually spread, and i believe this team still has the shot for the playoffs, it really

seams like the team are developing something unique, looking at present seasons that is.

Beautiful, just beautiful.

Edited by MODO Hockey

http://video.sabres.nhl.com/videocenter/console?catid=668&id=927237&cmpid=sm-tw-video

Listen to Linus Ullmark, never takes credit, always giving it to the team. :worthy:

This team has alot of what a team needs, just look at Evander Kanes pass to Reinheart, comming from Jets, hearing the buus, that was

one hell of an teamspirit he showed there by making that pass.

Things like these players show, will eventually spread, and i believe this team still has the shot for the playoffs, it really

seams like the team are developing something unique, looking at present seasons that is.

Beautiful, just beautiful.

He looks like he is 12 years old.

Ullmark has really blown me away. I think when he develops his game just a bit in Rochester he can come in a crush the NHL. I'll be looking for him to challenge Lehner next year.

Will be very interesting to see how GMTM handles this.   If Lehner struggles, what does he do?   How attached to Lehner is he?    Is he willing to move him if it looks like Ullmark is the long term answer?   Or does he move Ullmark as part of a larger deal while his stock is high?    Or does he bury him the AHL for a few seasons so long as Lehner is healthy?     

Will be very interesting to see how GMTM handles this.   If Lehner struggles, what does he do?   How attached to Lehner is he?    Is he willing to move him if it looks like Ullmark is the long term answer?   Or does he move Ullmark as part of a larger deal while his stock is high?    Or does he bury him the AHL for a few seasons so long as Lehner is healthy?     

Im pretty sure the believe in Lehner is big within this franchise, and the right thing to do by that is most likely to move Ullmark to AHL, to sculpture him into this franchise future goalie.

But, i do agree, it must certainly be frustrating to make this decision, but Ullmark is cheap, and Chad has 1 way contract, moneywise the decision is easy, game wise, not so easy.

Edited by MODO Hockey

My dream scenario would be Lehner having a great second half of the season, while Ullmark dominates the AHL. Then during the offseason GMTM makes his choice about our goalie of the future and the other guy gets traded when his stock is at an all time high. I wouldn't be mad about Lehner being traded after using a 1st rounder as long as we get good value. I think one of those guys has to be our future #1, with CJ has a very competent backup. But from what I've seen of Lehner and Ullmark I like Linus' upside way more at this point.

My dream scenario would be Lehner having a great second half of the season, while Ullmark dominates the AHL. Then during the offseason GMTM makes his choice about our goalie of the future and the other guy gets traded when his stock is at an all time high. I wouldn't be mad about Lehner being traded after using a 1st rounder as long as we get good value. I think one of those guys has to be our future #1, with CJ has a very competent backup. But from what I've seen of Lehner and Ullmark I like Linus' upside way more at this point.

I've seen Robin Lehner for quite some time, not very close, but close enough.

This guy has been very unlucky with injurys, other than that, he is an superb goalie if given the chance, i thought he was great when he was in Ottawa, basicly same situation like Ullmark in Buffalo, got called up and played like a boss. If Robin Lehner gets to be free of injurys, then he will most likely provide good games for us.

Interesting thoughts/scenario though!

Linus Ullmark will be back. I still believe he is the goalie on our cup winning team.  I have been supporting him for almost 4 years now and I see no reason to stop. Next year we will have a hell of a goalie battle if Lehner gets up to speed.  My money though, is on Ullmark.

WTF! really?

Awesome, i would very much appreciate an little game recap of yours.

I'm pretty stoked for it. Between the extremely cheap beer and him playing, it makes me forget I have to miss the Sabre's game tonight. The quality of the recap depends on how much I drink really  :D

Watching the game live WC! :)

I wish we had a better performance for you  :(

Rochester is just...dumb? I don't know. They dominated large chunks of that game, and received every look you could ask for. But every single play they shot when they should have passed, and passed when they clearly should have shot. A very frustrating game. That and watching the slow, glacial crawl that is Kaleta into retirement was just sad.

At least 2, maybe 3 (drunk by the 4th goal), weren't UIlmark's fault. The clearest fault I saw he made was a huge, juicy rebound into the slot. Other than that, the defense didn't clear his crease for him. I think that, and probably being hugely disappointed with being sent down, was a poor night for Ullmark

I wish we had a better performance for you  :(

Rochester is just...dumb? I don't know. They dominated large chunks of that game, and received every look you could ask for. But every single play they shot when they should have passed, and passed when they clearly should have shot. A very frustrating game. That and watching the slow, glacial crawl that is Kaleta into retirement was just sad.

At least 2, maybe 3 (drunk by the 4th goal), weren't UIlmark's fault. The clearest fault I saw he made was a huge, juicy rebound into the slot. Other than that, the defense didn't clear his crease for him. I think that, and probably being hugely disappointed with being sent down, was a poor night for Ullmark

Yea,

R.A sucked really bad in this game.. never seen a game with them before, wow such huuuge difference between NHL and AHL.

2 goals wasnt ullmarks fault, i agree on that.

Hope this team can perform a lil better with his help in the future, gaining some trust in that they have Ullmark in goal.

I just hope they wont destroy his confidence.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.