Patrick Kane: [Updated] D.A. Decides Not to Prosecute; NHL Determines Claims "Unfounded"

That Aud Smell

Wow! Just learned this today. The average age of Facebook users in the U.S. is 40! Less than 10% of users are 17 or younger. 

They're into snapchat and every other new site that crops up that us oldies aren't quick enough to latch onto. Not much keeps the attention of todays 16-17 year olds now days. It had better serve them well or they move on to the newest thing. Shite ! I just realized I'm prolly considered/am an old codger :blink:

Wow! Just learned this today. The average age of Facebook users in the U.S. is 40! Less than 10% of users are 17 or younger.

It kinda makes sense though. You can only have so many young users joining Facebook at a time while many of us who have been there since day one are aging and skewing the results in our favor. Facebook came out when I was 17/18. A lot of us from that first wave are approaching 30 and many of our parents have jumped in as well due to our use of it. I'm not surprised at all that Facebook is largely populated by people over 17.

So they communicate with just photos, mostly of each other's junk. 17 and older of course.

That's what I've wondered the last few years.  I don't get how they're communicating.  Tumblr is or was super popular, and that seems to me it's just all pictures.  Same with instagram, and I think snapchat.  I keep hearing about snapstories but have no idea what they are.

How are they communicating - without words?!?

Not sure if posted upthread, but BN continues its effort to correct the publishing of the Croce comments.

http://mobile.buffalonews.com/sectionfront/content/?content=71528664&type=P1&story=Time%20to%20speak%20out%20on%20sports%27%20rape%20culture

Disgusting.

Hey, Amy, you're a woman.  Defend us.

I glossed the piece. Don't follow your take.

My feeling is that TBN has screwed up so much that they are now handing the treatment of the screwup to a sportswriter who happens to be a woman, just because she is a woman.  Please don't get me wrong; Amy Moritz is a good writer, but she's just about as established at TBN as Risto is in the Sabres lineup.  I don't think TBN has another woman sportswriter. I think TBN threw her into the fray as a "hey, here's a woman!" thing rather than owning up to their complete up on the Croce article.

If TBN really wanted to make it right they'd stop leaking pieces of information in one vacuum after another such that we have no idea what means what, but it could still sway plenty of people's opinions. Seriously, they need to just stop coverage until they can put out something significant (or, ya know, just wait for the police investigation).

If TBN really wanted to make it right they'd stop leaking pieces of information in one vacuum after another such that we have no idea what means what, but it could still sway plenty of people's opinions. Seriously, they need to just stop coverage until they can put out something significant (or, ya know, just wait for the police investigation).

Yep.  

If they really had accurate sources, I'd be OK with it.  But, the same people who told us that the accuser was not the girl that Croce was talking about - now are saying that it is. 

Young people use Instagram.

I thought the kids were calling it the 'Gram. Not so, oldest daughter advised. She maintains it's generally called Insty. 

I've been fairly conversant with the social media. But Snapchat is where I get off the train and become an old person.

I have this feeling that this meme will never die.

It shouldn't. We must be careful not to abuse it through overuse, however.

I thought the kids were calling it the 'Gram. Not so, oldest daughter advised. She maintains it's generally called Insty. 

I've been fairly conversant with the social media. But Snapchat is where I get off the train and become an old person.

isnty is the slang for it and I have personally started to use it more. FB is just too bitchy this days. 

As that means creator, I have monitored it's use and thus far it has been used appropriately and for some good hilarity.

I thought the kids were calling it the 'Gram. Not so, oldest daughter advised. She maintains it's generally called Insty.

LIGER'S MEME WILL BE FINE.

Plenty of officers do security-type jobs off hours.  

By all accounts, whatever happened was after the cop left, so he didn't witness a crime.

As long as he tells the truth when questioned as to what led up to the possible crime, I don't see a problem.

I don't think there's anything to see here.  TBN reporting on nothing.  I guess it's better than the Croce article.

Plus the cop has carry, and arrest authority if things get out of hand.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.