Trade ideas and speculation

Hoss

I'll be stoked to get any one of them, and not the least bit surprised when we come away empty handed.

Now that we know Girgensons can play on the right side and flourish (in an EXTREMELY limited set), all I want for Christmas is Boedker. (If I HAVE to take Yandel as well, darn the bad luck. ;)) Edited by Taro T

I'm serious. I think we should target Barbashev, Hartman and Matheson.  We need 2 of the 3 IMPO... all 3 of the teams will be playoff bound, there must be a way.

I could see Matheson being able to be pried, but I'm not sure St Louis who is struggling for offense from players not named Tarasenko.  Hartman is an interesting case.  I would love to get Matheson into our system.   Matheson has 11 points in 34 games, and a plus 13.  He could be an important piece to their team in the near future, but I would love to see what it would cost to get him.  

Now that we know Girgensons can play on the right side and flourish (in an EXTREMELY limited set), all I want for Christmas is Boedker. (If I HAVE to take Yandel as well, darn the bad luck. ;))

I have Yandle > Eriksson > Boedker

Rumors!

http://thehockeywriters.com/nhl-rumors-jan-26-backes-ladd/

- TB's top priority it moving Drouin, and Stevie Y has already tried getting a roster player from several of the 15 teams interested. None bit, so now he wants high end prospects

- St.Louis can't get a deal done with Backes, but they really don't want to trade him, because they want to win now.

- Ladd doesn't want to leave Winnipeg. If he does, LeBrun believes Florida is the best fit.

- Jim Nill looking to upgrade the Stars' blue line, and he's been linked to Phaneuf in the past. 

Disco Dan was on wgr today and they asked him what type of player would he like to pair with Eichel. He said he wants a body that can clear the front of the net and get into open areas to capitalize on Eichel. He said Eichel is going to carry the puck the majority of the time and he needs a good finisher. Well, Whose is that??? I dont think that player is on our team now. I would love to keep Eichel and O'Reilly off the same line because they can make up 2 great lines on their own. So do we try and draft this person or do we go for a big trade and if we do trade, who do we go for?

Disco Dan was on wgr today and they asked him what type of player would he like to pair with Eichel. He said he wants a body that can clear the front of the net and get into open areas to capitalize on Eichel. He said Eichel is going to carry the puck the majority of the time and he needs a good finisher. Well, Whose is that??? I dont think that player is on our team now. I would love to keep Eichel and O'Reilly off the same line because they can make up 2 great lines on their own. So do we try and draft this person or do we go for a big trade and if we do trade, who do we go for?

And yet it took close to 40 games to pair him up with Girgensons.......  Closest actually on the team to that description.

Dreger: "One thing I know is the Nashville Predators are still very hungry" on the trade front. "They know they need more." #Preds

Also Shattenkirk is more likely to be moved in the summer as the Blues are in the middle of the playoff race

I guess the question is, how hungry? Eberle hungry? Or Drouin hungry? Or, McGinn hungry?

I suppose that depends on the severity of his injury. 3putt posted on here the other day that Ennis' injuries are concussion based, meaning he's out for the year a-la Lehner.

I highly doubt Ennis is out for the season. Concussions are rarely season ending.

I would. There's hundreds of concussions a season. Only a very select few result in players sitting out over 40 games.

I'll call it difference in perspective I guess.  Just about every year at least one player is out for 40+ games with concussion symptoms.  And all too many years at least one player announces his retirement because of them.

Life threatening skate wounds are rare.

Edited by We've

Are there really hundreds of concussions in hockey annually? The NFL had 198 this season IIRC

My post actually started as a general sports statement and then I went with the 40-game timeline. Regardless the point stands.

I consider them rare. One or two times a year it very rare.

This isn't to say concussions aren't dangerous as hell and scary. They're common and can ruin lives, but we're still not at the point of keeping guys out for extended period of times consistently with concussions.

I've had a concussion or two in my day. Playing high school football has left me partially traumatized when I watch the high-speed NFL hits. My ears still ring a little when I see a big helmet-to-helmet hit. I get annoyed when these guys slap each other in the helmet...

Edited by Hoss

And yet it took close to 40 games to pair him up with Girgensons.......  Closest actually on the team to that description.

Disco Dan is more mature now. He is actually Slow Disco Dan.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.