Making SabreSpace more friendly to new posters

nfreeman

And no matter how dumb the post, it still beats cut and pasting a Twitter post without offering a single original word.

If the Twitter post is a fact or a quote by somebody there is often no need for offering your own words. Some people like to serve others sometimes.

I do this a lot and did this tonight. I know many posters don't have Twitter so somebody else posting important info that's on Twitter for everybody else to see is always useful. This complaint is weak.

I've seen a few complaints in this thread that seem to have absolutely nothing to do with the topic (including this one). Complaining about the ways others want to use their time on the board if they're not causing harm or havoc is probably going to turn off some people to posting more.

My first 2000 posts probably consisted of ~100 hockey posts.  I was a bit afraid of my lack of knowledge and deleted already written posts, but it's just not worth it.  This is a safe place to say dumb things.  We'll still love (or despise) you either way.

It's really why I'm still allowed here. So there's that. :thumbsup:

Oh cr@p, I'm on that @ss's sh!t list.

Well played!

If the Twitter post is a fact or a quote by somebody there is often no need for offering your own words. Some people like to serve others sometimes.

I do this a lot and did this tonight. I know many posters don't have Twitter so somebody else posting important info that's on Twitter for everybody else to see is always useful. This complaint is weak.

I've seen a few complaints in this thread that seem to have absolutely nothing to do with the topic (including this one). Complaining about the ways others want to use their time on the board if they're not causing harm or havoc is probably going to turn off some people to posting more.

While I understand what you are getting at, generally speaking I think people would like to see you offer some insight of your own to the comments being shared in the Twitter link.  I would agree as I think it adds a human touch to the post. 

And on with the show...

You offer your thoughts the vast majority of the time

Edit:  And another thought for new posters.  From time to time, people are going to tell you that what you are posting has been discussed in another thread.  It's not an insult.  In many cases, there's a lot of value in what has already been said and people just want to make sure you see it.

Edited by shrader

I appreciate the Twitter postings when major news breaks. I don't have the time to parse through which twitter feeds are legit or not and rely on a lot of you to provide the relevant news to me. I often know breaking news in real time because I am on SS.

That said, it would be great to also post a quick "That's shocking to me" or "I wouldn't have signed him for 6 years" type comment.

I appreciate the Twitter postings when major news breaks. I don't have the time to parse through which twitter feeds are legit or not and rely on a lot of you to provide the relevant news to me. I often know breaking news in real time because I am on SS.

Me too.

SS should be a safe place to post stuff but there are always these lurkers whose lives are so empty, just waiting to pounce on anything they think is out there. Some of these trolls have posted more than 10,000 times. I can't stand these people. I've blocked a couple at least. There are posters who say "that's the stupidest thing I ever heard" or "you're an idiot" or things like that on a regular basis. Their account should be reviewed for things like that and if they surpass a certain threshold insulting people, they should be kicked off. A few people make this a board a shaky experience at best.

People have to learn to disagree with respect. 

I am one of those people who "lurks" here almost daily, week days, and check out what is going on. I almost never post anything even if I have something to add and I never ever do the name calling thing. I am an avid hockey fan but I do not know the ins and outs of what goes on inside an hockey organization that fact alone makes me apprehensive to post here.

I am one of those people who "lurks" here almost daily, week days, and check out what is going on. I almost never post anything even if I have something to add and I never ever do the name calling thing. I am an avid hockey fan but I do not know the ins and outs of what goes on inside an hockey organization that fact alone makes me apprehensive to post here.

Join on in! 

first time poster - I always checked this but wanted to start chiming in on the GOT thread.  I finally got approved to start posting.  It took weeks to get the priveleges to reply unfortunately.  Anyways Hi all!

Welcome to the jungle. No wait that's not it.

Welcome.

first time poster - I always checked this but wanted to start chiming in on the GOT thread.  I finally got approved to start posting.  It took weeks to get the priveleges to reply unfortunately.  Anyways Hi all!

It was the Daenarys lesbian scenes that did it right?

Don't be afraid to post; you might add a point that noone's thought of. Or one of your thoughts might lead to someone else coming up with a gem.

There are some real smart people here. I don't presume to know much about salary caps or financial structures or front office finagling either.  But I don't know if you really need to know these things although some people here are sticklers about that. I've been following the team since the beginning though and still play hockey and am passionate about the sport and like to share ideas. Warning, there are people like d4force and Andrew Amerk or whatever he calls himself these days, who try to make you feel like your ideas are idiotic or whatever and that starts to ruin the experience of sharing or bouncing ideas off people. There's no excuse to insult people here…but people do it anyway because they are small. But never mind them.

Edited by 716

Don't be afraid to post; you might add a point that noone's thought of. Or one of your thoughts might lead to someone else coming up with a gem.

There are some real smart people here. I don't presume to know much about salary caps or financial structures or front office finagling either.  But I don't know if you really need to know these things although some people here are sticklers about that. I've been following the team since the beginning though and still play hockey and am passionate about the sport and like to share ideas. Warning, there are people like d4force and Andrew Amerk or whatever he calls himself these days, who try to make you feel like your ideas are idiotic or whatever and that starts to ruin the experience of sharing or bouncing ideas off people. There's no excuse to insult people here…but people do it anyway because they are small. But never mind them.

You start out with a good message, but then you go and completely ruin it by contradicting yourself with the last two sentences.  You insult two posters and then immediately say there is no excuse to insult people.  Nice work.

You start out with a good message, but then you go and completely ruin it by contradicting yourself with the last two sentences.  You insult two posters and then immediately say there is no excuse to insult people.  Nice work.

I'm not perfect. AllI can tell you about is my experience posting my ideas and what these people have said to me.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.