Netflix

JJFIVEOH

I guess I should have gone directly to you as it sounds like we are in pretty much the same situation. Time Warner is my main option and obviously they are trying to push me towards a higher level. Their first suggestion was actually two levels up from that (30 mbps), which I laughed at. So it will either come down to the $10 gap between the standard package and the one above it.

But hey, the direct tv rate I just signed up for blows away what I am paying now for Time Warner cable (well, at least for one year anyway). I'm pumped about that.

Yeah you should be fine with standard internet speeds. Every now and then I have issues with buffering streams but they are few and far between and it hasn't happened to me in months, even when I'm watching something in the living room and my girlfriend is watching something else in the bedroom. Same story if we're both watching netflix, hulu, from an online site like couch tuner or whatever combination. I upgraded to a faster speed a year or so back and didn't notice any difference so I went back to standard after about a month.

Netflix won't load any shows or movies on my smart tv. Any suggestions. Netflix is working on all of my other devices. And YouTube is currently working on my smart tv, so this has to be a Netflix thing, right?

Netflix won't load any shows or movies on my smart tv. Any suggestions. Netflix is working on all of my other devices. And YouTube is currently working on my smart tv, so this has to be a Netflix thing, right?

Very likely it's either an issue with Netflix entirely or Netflix updated something and the app on the TV no longer understand each other. Does Netflix work on another device in your house (on the same network)?

Very likely it's either an issue with Netflix entirely or Netflix updated something and the app on the TV no longer understand each other. Does Netflix work on another device in your house (on the same network)?

Netflix Works on the ps3 and the blu ray player.just the smart tv that won't play Netflix.

Reading my past again, the only thing that could make me sound more "Chet" would be if I said ps4.

#firstworldproblems

When was the last time it worked, and what error does it give?

It's not giving an error. It pops up Netflix is having trouble playing this title at this time. Please try again later.

Netflix Works on the ps3 and the blu ray player.just the smart tv that won't play Netflix.

Ever think about picking up a Roku? Works great w/ Netflix and countless other providers. What smart tv do you have? I have a smart tv by Vizio, but someone lied to it. It's pretty dumb. Vizio says it's compatible w/ Netflix, but it's not. I get the same message you do. 

How much more expensive are smart tvs than regular high definition tvs? I'm just curious because I have 3 older high definition tvs (a plasma, an LCD, and I believe the newest one is either an LCD or an LED) and from what I've seen a smart tv doesn't really do anything extra that a $60 blu ray player can't do (Netflix, hulu, youtube, a dozen other minor apps, etc.) plus the blu ray player has the added bonus of being able to play blu rays and regular dvds. Is the price about the same? Do they even sell similar models of tvs that have the option of smart vs regular LED?

How much more expensive are smart tvs than regular high definition tvs? I'm just curious because I have 3 older high definition tvs (a plasma, an LCD, and I believe the newest one is either an LCD or an LED) and from what I've seen a smart tv doesn't really do anything extra that a $60 blu ray player can't do (Netflix, hulu, youtube, a dozen other minor apps, etc.) plus the blu ray player has the added bonus of being able to play blu rays and regular dvds. Is the price about the same? Do they even sell similar models of tvs that have the option of smart vs regular LED?

Don't bother with the Smart stuff. I've got a Smart TV and never use anything on it. Problem is the hardware is not optimized for it, the processor is slow (even the newer ones) and there is very little memory to buffer. Save the $$ and buy a Roku, it does everything Smart and does it much quicker and you have the benefit of all the added channels. Although I don't use many of the channels it is much more convenient than plugging a laptop into the TV to stream. 

Don't bother with the Smart stuff. I've got a Smart TV and never use anything on it. Problem is the hardware is not optimized for it, the processor is slow (even the newer ones) and there is very little memory to buffer. Save the $$ and buy a Roku, it does everything Smart and does it much quicker and you have the benefit of all the added channels. Although I don't use many of the channels it is much more convenient than plugging a laptop into the TV to stream. 

That is really the secret: smart TVs aren't. Someone figured out they could stuff what amounts to a low-end phone into a TV and make it a selling point. But 6 months after they build it, they stop supporting it so it eventually stops working with online services as they never update the included apps. It's not unlike phones, except that app support on phones generally works for a few years because you're not relying on the phone manufacturer to update it. The main issue is TVs have a longer service life than phones (my current TV was purchased the day before the Winter Classic in Buffalo, 7 years ago).

Bloodline and Grace and Frankie are two Netflix Originals that are binge worthy.

Also The Americans is a great show that doesn't get the press of shows like Game of Thrones and Homeland.  Homeland was good the first two seasons but the third season ws garbage before the fourth season made a mild comeback.

Edited by SpaceAlbatross

I'm just getting to all of the Kingpin back story right now. He's a very interesting character.

The show seems to be equally about the two which is nice, but

Kingpin seems far too weak. All of his power was so easily undermined by some lame duck old man and he was pretty easily apprehended all things considered. Daredevil won too easily. The season would've been better of ending with him getting away.

That is really the secret: smart TVs aren't. Someone figured out they could stuff what amounts to a low-end phone into a TV and make it a selling point. But 6 months after they build it, they stop supporting it so it eventually stops working with online services as they never update the included apps. It's not unlike phones, except that app support on phones generally works for a few years because you're not relying on the phone manufacturer to update it. The main issue is TVs have a longer service life than phones (my current TV was purchased the day before the Winter Classic in Buffalo, 7 years ago).

Last I checked most of the higher end TV's only come in Smart version so if you want the highest refresh rate, the most HDMI inputs, etc..... you had to pay the extra to get the Smart version. Personally, I want a TV to be a TV. I'll leave the extras up to the equipment I attatch to it.

Last I checked most of the higher end TV's only come in Smart version so if you want the highest refresh rate, the most HDMI inputs, etc..... you had to pay the extra to get the Smart version. Personally, I want a TV to be a TV. I'll leave the extras up to the equipment I attatch to it.

I agree. Or at the very least, the ability to completely disable the smarts.

I found that about an hour ago. Then it took me another 10 minutes to find the pin # to reset the smart hub. Then 10 minutes to actually reset the smart hub. Then 10 minutes to remember/change my Netflix password.

But it works now.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.