The Next Coach of the Buffalo Sabres

IKnowPhysics

The rather unsavoury connotations that I read into his Richardson comment, again maybe I have it all wrong, based on post history is a real sticking point.  The stuff about ex's and small dogs swimming in Lake Erie is not the same kind of thing.  Again, just me and I apologize if I am far off base here.

In a span of 24 hours.... we have the Top 2 hockey writers in Buffalo,

1) Coming onto a message board in a drunken high from the fact Terry Pegula recognized him and gave him the quote, "Hello", the only quote in an article that he "scooped", after some poor kid put it out on Twitter in poor judgement, to troll a fan who has never made a cent off the Sabres organization, save selling my tickets in 2007.

and..

2) Leading the sports page with the headline...."Sabres Hot to Grab Babcock".

I'm just waiting on Paul Hamilton to call in his live spot from the Sundowner to complete the trifecta.

Maybe we should focus a little more on who makes money off of the fans on this team and website, and not as MattPie says....someone with a sandwich board.

I also suddenly feel bad for the young chaps in Nova Scotia who failed to do their homework, and the teacher had yet to ask to collect it at 2:58 PM..........

For an aspiring sports media member yourself....you have poor reading comprehension.

Maybe you should think about developing..........A Gimmick?

So who is the other top writer, Ivan Putski? People seem to be too busy posting pictures of naked men so I haven't clicked on many threads today.

Murray worried about power?

Will this never stop?

Battista on the other hand... :ph34r:

(Has anyone actually seen Pat Lafontaine since he left?)

Even though he was a weasel, to this day even I didn't think Darcy as a person was rubbery enough to slink out of town without a single mention of appreciation to the city or fans. Not one mention....no comment to the press, no $30 ad in the Buffalo News.......I mean, the guy made probably close to $20 million over the years off of the people of Buffalo.

So who is the other top writer, Ivan Putski? People seem to be too busy posting pictures of naked men so I haven't clicked on many threads today.

I will admit I used to get a kick out of Ivan Putski when he did that thing and shimmied the muscles in his boobies.......

The reason I wrote a spoof headline is because Mike Harrington wrote the headline, "Sabres Hot to Grab Babcock" in the Buffalo News.

Wawrow is the the writer for the AP and the only local writer to have access to the Sabres front office for interviews the past decade. I think you saw what he did here. Hey.....if a fellow poster here isn't too excited by my posts....that's cool. But you have to admit that is some pretty strange stuff. He isn't even upset that I have hinted he's been on the take all these years, he's more upset that I think he doesn't have solid sources. I dunno.

Hamilton is by far the best hockey mind on GR. I like Paul a lot. He was probably the first local guy to openly question the motives of the previous ownership and management group. He played the game at a high level and is entertaining.

The joke was....we all saw the Wawrow meltdown.....now Harrington puts his Twitter submission in for the NY Post headline of the week to win a retweet....what's next? Paul Hamilton calling in his GR spot from the Sundowner?

For an aspiring sports media member yourself....you have poor reading comprehension.

Maybe you should think about developing..........A Gimmick?

Harrington... Hamilton... The needle didn't move much there.

And I'm glad you have viewed a tweet of mine. You a big fan? I think I've given out a few solid tweets lately. Agree/disagree?

Edited by Hoss

Harrington... Hamilton... The needle didn't move much there.

And I'm glad you have viewed a tweet of mine. You a big fan? I thought I've given out a few solid tweets lately. Agree/disagree?

There have been a few solid tweets from members here the past few days. I'm sorry to say i don't read any on a regular basis so I can't give an opinion. I just happened to stumble into 2 of them while looking at something else.....and I remembered your name from when you first joined here and you made it a point to promote your endeavours.

Hey....you're just an abitious kid networking.....i can understand that.

There have been a few solid tweets from members here the past few days. I'm sorry to say i don't read any on a regular basis so I can't give an opinion. I just happened to stumble into 2 of them while looking at something else.....and I remembered your name from when you first joined here and you made it a point to promote your endeavours.

Hey....you're just an abitious kid networking.....i can understand that.

I legitimately didn't think it was him roaming around here.

I will admit I used to get a kick out of Ivan Putski when he did that thing and shimmied the muscles in his boobies.......

The reason I wrote a spoof headline is because Mike Harrington wrote the headline, "Sabres Hot to Grab Babcock" in the Buffalo News.

Wawrow is the the writer for the AP and the only local writer to have access to the Sabres front office for interviews the past decade. I think you saw what he did here. Hey.....if a fellow poster here isn't too excited by my posts....that's cool. But you have to admit that is some pretty strange stuff. He isn't even upset that I have hinted he's been on the take all these years, he's more upset that I think he doesn't have solid sources. I dunno.

Hamilton is by far the best hockey mind on GR. I like Paul a lot. He was probably the first local guy to openly question the motives of the previous ownership and management group. He played the game at a high level and is entertaining.

The joke was....we all saw the Wawrow meltdown.....now Harrington puts his Twitter submission in for the NY Post headline of the week to win a retweet....what's next? Paul Hamilton calling in his GR spot from the Sundowner?

Generally in newsrooms, the reporters don't write headlines. So I'd bet Harrington didn't write that. It is usually guys working with available space long after the story is filed. Maybe it's changed....but I doubt it.

Edited by X. Benedict

I legitimately didn't think it was him roaming around here.

You know....I went back and you are right.

Sorry to be so snarky. You couldn't believe he would actually have done that.

Still.....the day I try to make a penny off this place......throw me out for good. The closest I have come is using Carp's charts as a tool.

Are those reporters or just fans?

@DamoSpin: If there's no Therrien in the way, MTL vaults to the top in the Race For Babcock.

@JoeYerdon: So if you’re Marc Bergevin… Do you do something knowing Mike Babcock is out there? You have to make a call at least, right?

@BNHarrington: Didnt Babcock make a reference to wanting a sandwich at Schwartz's Deli in Montreal? Have to wonder if Habs offer him a lotta smoked meat.

Generally in newsrooms, the reporters don't write headlines. So I'd bet Harrington didn't write that. It is usually guys working with available space long after the story is filed. Maybe it's changed....but I doubt it.

In order to calm those concerned, I will submit an alternate headline. We can only hope this fight happens in the future....

"Swollen Clitsome Takes a Licking From Deslauries"

BUFFALO, NY - "It was a right fist that made the biggest impact at the FNC last night.........."

@BNHarrington: Didnt Babcock make a reference to wanting a sandwich at Schwartz's Deli in Montreal? Have to wonder if Habs offer him a lotta smoked meat.

See.....this is what happens when I try to be nice and give the benefit of the doubt. 3 minutes later the Baby Jesus reminds me to keep with my eyes and soul test.......

Hockey Twitter is abuzz that Montreal has just jumped to the top of Babcock's List

If Babcock doesn't like what's coming in Detroit to replace Datsyuk and Zetterberg, I can't imagine he'd want to hitch his wagon to David Desharnais and a 33 year old Plekanec.