Tom Webster Contest 5.0

tom webster

• 4 weeks later...

We draft Jack Eichel #2 overall.

Samson plays with the Sabres all year.

We trade some Russians. Both Grigorenko and Zadorov.

Liger will have a raging hard on for every prospect we draft. (I kid, Liger. I like your enthusiasm.)

I haven't heard liger wax poetic about any of our prospects drafted after Eichel. But other than that, I'm doing OK with my captain obvious predictions.

The drunk Irish one looks like the clear leader right now... ESPECIALLY if Eichel goes back to BU. If Eichel doesn't he still might win it.

Good point although I think that both Eichel and ROR will sign by next week. ubkev makes a good point as well but threw in a prediction that will be impossible to evaluate before the season starts. I am still holding out hope for that Chicago trade but of course I can't win.

Good point although I think that both Eichel and ROR will sign by next week. ubkev makes a good point as well but threw in a prediction that will be impossible to evaluate before the season starts. I am still holding out hope for that Chicago trade but of course I can't win.

Eichel playing in Buffalo would be a hit to his prediction but I didn't think anybody else had as many good calls.

O'Reilly's extension wouldn't mean anything since he said that they would make the trade without a contract in place and that's already true.

Of course he only had a handful of picks while others go for more.

dudacek, Randall, drunk Irish one and ThirtyEight are all in somewhat decent shape pending some outcomes.

Edited by Hoss

I haven't heard liger wax poetic about any of our prospects drafted after Eichel. But other than that, I'm doing OK with my captain obvious predictions.

Have you seen Guhle?  OMG he is going to be fantastic.  He is the best player from the 2nd round and he ended up a Sabre!  This guy, let me tell you is the bees knees. He is the jam in my jelly.  I love Guhle more than Pizza.  

Have you seen Guhle?  OMG he is going to be fantastic.  He is the best player from the 2nd round and he ended up a Sabre!  This guy, let me tell you is the bees knees. He is the jam in my jelly.  I love Guhle more than Pizza.  

I'm calling collusion.  :devil:

Edited by Touched by Boyes

• 3 weeks later...

I have decided drnkirishone won the contest but he will be unable to accept tickets and apparently has no one he wants to give them to. Therefore, I am initiating a secondary contest. Pick a player you think will be surprise to make the team out of camp and through first month of season.

Winner gets two tickets to game and if the player plays the entire season making a major contribution, winner will get two playoff tickets to first playoffs Sabres make and an autographed jersey of said player.

Just name the player and tell us why you think he is the one and what you expect him to contribute.

One disclaimer, while on season tickets will be my own prime seats, the playoff tickets will be somewhere in FNC and jersey will not be game worn.

Jake McCabe

He is going to prove to be too good in camp to get knocked down to Rochester. Even if Buffalo acquires another dman they'll realize that none of Weber, Donovan and/or Colaiacovo are good enough to play in a competent top-six defense consistently.

He will have a better year than Pysyk, and he will be pencilled into everybody's top-four immediately going forward.

And his hair will still continue to kill.

Edited by Hoss

I have decided drnkirishone won the contest but he will be unable to accept tickets and apparently has no one he wants to give them to. Therefore, I am initiating a secondary contest. Pick a player you think will be surprise to make the team out of camp and through first month of season.

Winner gets two tickets to game and if the player plays the entire season making a major contribution, winner will get two playoff tickets to first playoffs Sabres make and an autographed jersey of said player.

Just name the player and tell us why you think he is the one and what you expect him to contribute.

One disclaimer, while on season tickets will be my own prime seats, the playoff tickets will be somewhere in FNC and jersey will not be game worn.

Two questions: is this open to everybody, or just those who participated in the original contest?

Also, is Cal O'Reilly basically written off as a Rochester player? If so, I pick him. If so, I'll say that Bylsma is impressed with his compete and he sneaks into the big club, helping out on the fourth line.

Edited by sodbuster

Two questions: is this open to everybody, or just those who participated in the original contest?

Also, is Cal O'Reilly basically written off as a Rochester player? If so, I pick him. If so, I'll say that Bylsma is impressed with his compete and he sneaks into the big club, helping out on the fourth line.

The more, the merrier

Justin Bailey will make the team. He was clearly looking to show he was ready at the scrimmage last Friday and I think he has enough natural skill that combined with his last year of development, his burning desire will force him through the logjam at forward. He'll score 10 goals and 10 assists, or somewhere within reason of those numbers, playing with the likes of Larsson and Foligno.

Justin Bailey will make the team. He was clearly looking to show he was ready at the scrimmage last Friday and I think he has enough natural skill that combined with his last year of development, his burning desire will force him through the logjam at forward. He'll score 10 goals and 10 assists, or somewhere within reason of those numbers, playing with the likes of Larsson and Foligno.

Good pick. He was my first thought, but I think they'll end up having him in Rochester for the year just because there's a large logjam of forwards who are capable NHLers right now.

Let that clear itself up this year then have him ready for 2016.

Still think it's possible you're spot on, though.

Good pick. He was my first thought, but I think they'll end up having him in Rochester for the year just because there's a large logjam of forwards who are capable NHLers right now.

Let that clear itself up this year then have him ready for 2016.

Still think it's possible you're spot on, though.

I agree with you too, I just think that the most obvious one has been taken by you, and I wanna win the tickets! :P 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.