The "Stupid Threads" Thread

darksabre

I've shot right since I was a kid even though I'm right handed because the kid down the street was left handed and I started using his righties when I was four. 

My shot has never been great so I have to wonder if that's why. My skating is strong and I can pass tape-to-tape but I never get as much on my shots as I'd like.

This a futuristic "stupid thread" guaranteed to appear on this board in about three years if the Sabres do get the 1st pick and draft McDavid, "We should have drafted Jack Eichel!" or if they end up with the 29th pick and draft Jack Eichel "We should have drafted Dylan Strome!"

This a futuristic "stupid thread" guaranteed to appear on this board in about three years if the Sabres do get the 1st pick and draft McDavid, "We should have drafted Jack Eichel!" or if they end up with the 29th pick and draft Jack Eichel "We should have drafted Dylan Strome!"

It's ok. We know (or at minimum expect) you to hate whichever one we land. It's cool. It's your shtick. ;)

I truly do hope you end up coming around to whichever kid we get. This IS a great day for hockey. This team played hard, but just wasn't good enough. But they have something to build off of and McEichel will look ####ing SWEET in B&G.

It's ok. We know (or at minimum expect) you to hate whichever one we land. It's cool. It's your shtick. ;)

I truly do hope you end up coming around to whichever kid we get. This IS a great day for hockey. This team played hard, but just wasn't good enough. But they have something to build off of and McEichel will look ####ing SWEET in B&G.

If I did everyone should worry since I'm usually right about these things, Roy being the one notable exception.  ;)

If I did everyone should worry since I'm usually right about these things, Roy being the one notable exception.  ;)

Says the man who picked them to finish where? ;)

It's all good my friend. Tonight there is joy in Mudville. Mighty Casey struck out and the batboy is about to replace his wasted arse. :beer:

Says the man who picked them to finish where? ;)

It's all good my friend. Tonight there is joy in Mudville. Mighty Casey struck out and the batboy is about to replace his wasted arse. :beer:

Says the man who predicted Cody Hodgson would be the next Drew Stafford before it became the cool thing to do. 

Cheers!  :beer:

Frostin' for Austin: should we tank next year for Austin Matthews?

No, but barely missing the playoffs then swooping in and snagging him from Darcy AND the Loafs eould bring a certain degree of satisfaction. (Though not as much as going from 30th to 7th in conference would bring.)

OK.  Let's get a couple of things straight.  First, his name is Auston.  Not Austin.  

It's not your fault that his parents couldn't spell, or that they tried to name him "Austin" to begin with, but the fact is what it is.

Second, and more importantly, Auston.  From about 10pm last night forward, we root for wins.  We root for this team to finish in the playoffs, or at least with a valiant run to ninth place that builds team spirit.  No more tanks.

OK.  Let's get a couple of things straight.  First, his name is Auston.  Not Austin.  

It's not your fault that his parents couldn't spell, or that they tried to name him "Austin" to begin with, but the fact is what it is.

Second, and more importantly, ###### Auston.  From about 10pm last night forward, we root for wins.  We root for this team to finish in the playoffs, or at least with a valiant run to ninth place that builds team spirit.  No more ###### tanks.

The clapping emoticon isn't working so I'll just say: I completely agree with this sentiment.  :beer:

Second, and more importantly, ###### Auston.  From about 10pm last night forward, we root for wins.  We root for this team to finish in the playoffs, or at least with a valiant run to ninth place that builds team spirit.  No more ###### tanks.

Totally agree. But what if the Sabres are clearly out of the playoffs next February? Why not root for losses? I mean, the precedent has been set. Or would that be no different than what typically happens late in a season when your team is out of it? Might as well improve your lottery odds? It's all still so confusing.

The logic a number of us bought into was the Regier Sabres were beyond redemption; they needed to be blown up. We wanted to be great, not good. And to do that, we needed to be bad first.

We've done it. We've been as bad as it gets, two years running.

And in the process Miller, Myers, Stafford, Vanek, Roy, Pominville, Gaustad have been replaced by Risto, Zemgus, Kane, Bogo, Reinhart, Ennis, McEichel and a slew of other youngsters who may emerge.

No more holding back, waiting for the draft to add reinforcements. These are the building blocks.

They need to get good. Then they need to get great. And Murray needs to make sure they get there.

The core is dead. Long live the new core.

Edited by dudacek

Totally agree. But what if the Sabres are clearly out of the playoffs next February? Why not root for losses? I mean, the precedent has been set. Or would that be no different than what typically happens late in a season when your team is out of it? Might as well improve your lottery odds? It's all still so confusing.

Root for progress, for a young team to come together and start improving

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.