GDT:Washington at Buffalo. 3/16/2015 7:00 NBCSN

Brawndo

I'm worried to say anything because they did the same thing last week against the Canes but they scored three on four shots and look good. The Leafs are really laying down.

The leafs as a team are seriously trying to lose games.   That franchise wants the best percentage chance at McDavid. 

The leafs as a team are seriously trying to lose games.   That franchise wants the best percentage chance at McDavid. 

We're lucky they didn't start the tank earlier. We'd probably be in 29th right now. The one thing the Sabres have is a lot more heart than the Leafs even though honestly the Leafs still have more talent. They're just soulless right now.

Funny how when they fired Carlyle they were still in a playoff spot.

4-0 Oilers. Wow.

That shot Ennis took in OT was very Ovechkin like. Not a full backswing and using the D as a screen. Don't think I've ever seen him do that before.

Makes you wonder if we've seen the full extent of Ennis's upside, eh?  When Vanek was the man and they tried to make him captain, there's no way he was ready for it.  In contrast, I think Ennis is setting the tone in all kinds of the right ways.  In general I'm finally seeing good team play out of the Sabres- not gimmicky in terms of picking fights to elevate the team; they're sticking up for each other, but they're playing a good, honest game with good support and good chemistry.

At the beginning of the season I thought it would be sad if we lost some of the old names - Stafford, Myers, etc. - I wanted to see them be part of the success of the team.  But I'm not looking back.  I like who we've got and who we have coming.  The future's so bright, I have to wear shades  :flirt:

mushroom%20cloud.jpg

Is it me or to do the Oilers and Leafs look littler than us?

4-0 Edmonton

GMTM is really super-sizing the Sabres.

Makes you wonder if we've seen the full extent of Ennis's upside, eh?  When Vanek was the man and they tried to make him captain, there's no way he was ready for it.  In contrast, I think Ennis is setting the tone in all kinds of the right ways.  In general I'm finally seeing good team play out of the Sabres- not gimmicky in terms of picking fights to elevate the team; they're sticking up for each other, but they're playing a good, honest game with good support and good chemistry.

At the beginning of the season I thought it would be sad if we lost some of the old names - Stafford, Myers, etc. - I wanted to see them be part of the success of the team.  But I'm not looking back.  I like who we've got and who we have coming.  The future's so bright, I have to wear shades  :flirt:

mushroom%20cloud.jpg

GMTM is really super-sizing the Sabres.

So how much of this do you credit Ted Nolan with ? The guys playing smart hockey. For each other. 

For the record I agree with your post. I'm seeing the same things. Frankly its been happening for a while without much results but the team truly seem to care. They play hard most nights. Haven't seen too many passengers. Perhaps we're beginning to witness the culture change TN and GMTM have talked about ?

Is it me or to do the Oilers and Leafs look littler than us?

4-0 Edmonton

I thought the Sabres looked smaller than the Rangers.  In fact, I recall, recently, being a little surprised at how much smaller the Sabres still look playing against some teams.  I'm sure there has to be a "how-you-play-the-game" factor to these impressions.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.