The . Thread

Byebye

I don't always get around to coming on here everyday. When I do I like to check threads out and read what everyone has to say, we'll it's quite sickening listening to some of you bicker back and forth, especially when it has little to nothing to do with what the thread is about. Especially when it's 17 pages worth. Especially, especially, especially(zfg) I end up having to skip pages and miss some great comments because of it. So please, to every poster out there: next time you have a problem with someone, and you want to batch and complain, come to it in this thread and don't waste my time. Maybe more people will join and we can have some genuine hockey discussions!?!? Sound good? Either that or grab a tampon and some midol and tell someone who gives a .

Edited by Naulter8

I don't always get around to coming on here everyday. When I do I like to check threads out and read what everyone has to say, we'll it's quite sickening listening to some of you bicker back and forth, especially when it has little to nothing to do with what the thread is about. Especially when it's 17 ###### pages worth. Especially, especially, especially(zfg) I end up having to skip pages and miss some great comments because of it. So please, to every poster out there: next time you have a problem with someone, and you want to batch and complain, come to it in this thread and don't waste my time. Maybe more people will join and we can have some genuine hockey discussions!?!? Sound good? Either that or grab a tampon and some ###### midol and tell someone who gives a ######.

It's a forum board, what do you expect.  Thats all, /thread.  

I don't always get around to coming on here everyday. When I do I like to check threads out and read what everyone has to say, we'll it's quite sickening listening to some of you bicker back and forth, especially when it has little to nothing to do with what the thread is about. Especially when it's 17 ###### pages worth. Especially, especially, especially(zfg) I end up having to skip pages and miss some great comments because of it. So please, to every poster out there: next time you have a problem with someone, and you want to batch and complain, come to it in this thread and don't waste my time. Maybe more people will join and we can have some genuine hockey discussions!?!? Sound good? Either that or grab a tampon and some ###### midol and tell someone who gives a ######.

Hey Naulter you're a sexist neanderthal.

"Starting today, the Buffalo Sabres' reason for existence will be to finish DFL.",... twice.

With a mandate such as this, I'm not sure what kind of conversation you were expecting, hockey or otherwise.

Was the conversation really that much different before 2012? The interwebs do what the interwebs do.

I have a serious problem with Naulter starting this thread.  So much of a problem that I can't be bothered to include the 8 in his screen name.  I wasted valuable time reading this thread when I could have been reading something in the Questions and Answers forum.

Thanks, doosh.  For nothing.

Nothing!

"Starting today, the Buffalo Sabres' reason for existence will be to finish DFL.",... twice

Boom.

Yep, I get it.  If you have a problem with the way a specific poster posts, don't go calling him out in the thread.  It does no good and it reflects badly on yourself for posting that .  Send them a PM or something if you really feel the need to correct and nanny them. Or let the mods do it.  And mods:  If you need to do it, issue your warnings in PMs or if a post crosses the line, simply delete it.

On another forum I'm on, one several orders of magnitude larger than this (over 400,000 registered members), they have a dedicated thread for bannings and discipline and the like.  If they feel something needs to be said (generally only for bannings at this point), they post only in that thread about it.  And even then, it's a very generic statement:  "Banned 1 month, repeated harassment of other members."  No mention of the specific incident or the other members involved (doing so just tends to keep feuds going).  If a mod deletes posts because they offend the guidelines and it disrupts the flow of the thread, they just put a little one line post in saying that several posts were deleted without going into specifics.

Was the conversation really that much different before 2012? The interwebs do what the interwebs do.

Actually, yes.  The sniping between between board members as a proportion of on-topic posts has increased dramatically.

"Starting today, the Buffalo Sabres' reason for existence will be to finish DFL.",... twice.

Boom.

I have left my oppressor and am now a fan of you two.

In the spirit of this thread, Go to Coal, Hopeful Future.

Tee hee, I did burn.

Actually, yes.  The sniping between between board members as a proportion of on-topic posts has increased dramatically.

I see Weave post, and agree.  Sniping has increased.  Interest, in direct contradiction to what you hear from those who are paid to promote the product, has decreased.  Time to jettison dead weight?

We still had PA's Great Rage-Quit event. We still had the Snow-people. The % may have gone up, but only because the denominator got smaller.

Another problem, and maybe this is what you are saying with words smarter than mine, is that as much as we want to pretend, there really is only one topic to discuss right now. The Tank.

Does anyone really care about the differences in skating or defensive responsibility between Matt Ellis and Cody Hodgson? Whatever we could talk about inevitably gets taken over by the Tank. It just does and until that is over, this is what we get.

Another problem, and maybe this is what you are saying with words smarter than mine, is that as much as we want to pretend, there really is only one topic to discuss right now. The Tank.

Does anyone really care about the differences in skating or defensive responsibility between Matt Ellis and Cody Hodgson? Whatever we could talk about inevitably gets taken over by the Tank. It just does and until that is over, this is what we get.

When I joined the board I felt it was the exact same way it is now, only replace "the tank" with "Ruff and Regier." Ruff/Regier arguments came up in seemingly every thread, regardless of topic, and regularly infested the GDTs as well.

This has been by far the most stressful season ever as a committed and loyal Sabres fan.  I never thought fighting for last place in order to secure a long term asset to ensure a successful franchise would create so much tension amongst fans, but it has.  I cannot wait for this season to be over.

What are the snow people?

Remember SnowMobile3019840923851, and their was another SnowSomethingorother? They both have since been permanently banned.

I don't know what either of these things are, context please?

PA got banned/quit-and-lurked for a year or so after a contentious interaction with some board members.

Remember SnowMobile3019840923851, and their was another SnowSomethingorother? They both have since been permanently banned.

PA got banned/quit-and-lurked for a year or so after a contentious interaction with some board members.

Gotcha, why did the snow people get banned? I've only been here for a short time, but I've never heard of anyone getting permanently banned; GODD was the only person I've ever seen actually banned. This board is pretty civil, so I think that helps a lot. 

When I joined the board I felt it was the exact same way it is now, only replace "the tank" with "Ruff and Regier." Ruff/Regier arguments came up in seemingly every thread, regardless of topic, and regularly infested the GDTs as well.

Yeah, but those that wanted them gone were right. :devil:

And both topics are really just parts of the same Grand Unified Rebuild Theory. What we're arguing now is duration. As long as we had to wait for those two to leave to get some change around here, I'm not willing to wait, nor should I have to imho, as long as GMTM's recent quote seems to suggest (to some).

It was SnowMobiler97 and donteatyellowsnow.

Someone else would have to drop in with the specifics, but they were just awful.

I don't remember these people at all.  Gonna have to look at old posts now.

EDIT:  Old posts are unavailable.

I think the biggest thing that happened on the board this year was the "unveiling" in the politics thread though.

Edited by Eleven

I don't remember these people at all.  Gonna have to look at old posts now.

EDIT:  Old posts are unavailable.

I think the biggest thing that happened on the board this year was the "unveiling" in the politics thread though.

If I only had hockey stick,  I would give you affectionate tap on your buttocks. 

This has been by far the most stressful season ever as a committed and loyal Sabres fan.  I never thought fighting for last place in order to secure a long term asset to ensure a successful franchise would create so much tension amongst fans, but it has.  I cannot wait for this season to be over.

Come October, all the wounds from this season will mend instantaneously when the Sabres score their first goal of the 2015-2016 season and every member of the board celebrates together without reservation.

Until then, anyone who is anti-tank is just a pathetic little baby with a poopy diaper.

I actually miss the old politics thread with hopeful.  It was much more entertaining

I agree.  The only thing I don't miss is him considering himself to be neutral.  It's ok to be a wingnut; just be honest about it.

Edited by Eleven

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.