Casey Bailey, Matt O'connor. Any other college free agents?

tom webster

Matt Garbowsky will play on an ATO with the Amerks for the rest of the season. Has already signed a one year deal with the Amerks for next season.

Would be great if this kid proved he was NHL material. The Sabres can always use more centers. :angel:

This deserves its own thread:

http://forums.sabrespace.com/topic/23212-amerkssabres-sign-rits-matt-garbowsky/

Awesome news

Edited by Tank

i dont get that either.  Same with bailey, why cant a team just play him less than 9 (i think tor signed him with 10 games left)

but (and general consensus agrees), 

Bob McKenzie ‏@TSNBobMcKenzie 2m2 minutes ago

Baun's deal with CHI is two-year entry level. Will burn 1st year now by playing game(s) this season.

Because these guys are not singing entry level contracts. They are signing as College UFA's completely different.  

Because these guys are not singing entry level contracts. They are signing as College UFA's completely different.

Let's not spout off this information as if it is fact. Burning the first year of their contract has absolutely nothing to do with them being undrafted college free agents. They are in fact entry level contracts but their is a provision in the CBA where if the player plays less than 10 games, the team and the player can agree to not add that one extra year onto the contract. In this case, that is going to be a part of the negotiations when these players are shopping themselves to clubs. They won't sign any deal unless they get they burn that first year. After that, they're handled just like any other player on an ELC, they become restricted free agents once their first contract expires.

• 2 weeks later...

Yup. We probably have a good shot.

What are the odds he waits until the draft or at least the draft lottery to sign?

I would imagine we that he will take plenty of time to decide. Since he won't be playing anywhere, he can take a few trips and visit teams. I'd also guess that he will want to be around campus as much as possible to finish any classes he needs for his degree, if he actually has any left. He has the reputation of being a very strong student, which has actually been rare at BU.

O'Connor killed his free agency status in the last three games. He's better off staying at this point.

No he didn't and no he isn't. He's still the best college UFA and he will be pursued as such. Teams won't get freaked out because he wasn't perfect in the tournament. He got his team to the final. He is still just as good as he was a month ago.

No he didn't and no he isn't. He's still the best college UFA and he will be pursued as such. Teams won't get freaked out because he wasn't perfect in the tournament. He got his team to the final. He is still just as good as he was a month ago.

He did not get the team there, Eichel and ERod did. Teams saw him choki g in the clutch constantly and they noticed it. He will lose a few suitors after trying to give away three straight games.

Maybe he can come back and win it for them next year.

maybe talk his best pal jack to come back with him while hes talking him off the ledge tonight ...for redemption.. (only if the bruins win lotto and pass on mcdavid)... well, guess im a homer.. doh.

Any team that completely drops interest because of a weak 3 game stretch is incompetent.

Any team that doesn't pay careful attention to how somebody plays during the most important games is incompetent.

It hurts his value. It doesn't erase it.

Any team that doesn't pay careful attention to how somebody plays during the most important games is incompetent.

What about other important games and big moments this year, where presumably (I haven't watched or anything), he hasn't scored on himself? With a goalie, especially a young goalie, I think it's insane to read too much into this in isolation.

no way.. thats like saying norwood had a bidding war for his clutch services when he left the bills, or who was that lions kicker that won the game for us that is now starting on another nfl team (not).. he might play echl for years before any team would ever consider trusting him.. he torpedoed himself... its a shame but .. no way

Any team that completely drops interest because of a weak 3 game stretch is incompetent.

Just listen to the play by play, even if it is the crappy coverage of Buccigross. They were waiting for OC to choke it away all game. That is going to echo the thoughts of many others out there. He buckled under the pressure and it is going to be noticed.

And I'll readily admit that I have a bias against the larger goalies. I can't help but wonder where this season would have been had Maguire not been medical red shirted.

no way.. thats like saying norwood had a bidding war for his clutch services when he left the bills, or who was that lions kicker that won the game for us that is now starting on another nfl team (not).. he might play echl for years before any team would ever consider trusting him.. he torpedoed himself... its a shame but .. no way

This is ridiculous. So because he was shaky in the tournament he goes from a hot commodity to an ECHL player? Stop.

they might think he has a point shaving issue or has a huge heroin debt to pay off with a bookie... that was the worst moment in the national championship ever... a tru;y scarring moment..(he has 3)

You're both right. His value might be hurt a little bit, but I don't think the teams interested in him are going to completely ignore his availability. Everybody that planned on calling him will probably still do so. He'll still have quite a few bidders.

This is ridiculous. So because he was shaky in the tournament he goes from a hot commodity to an ECHL player? Stop.

what team would trust him now .. it would have to be a family connection or a real good excuse after being exposed three times

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.