Grigorenko

DirtDart

Why can't I have an opinion? Everybody's been throwing theirs at me all day. 

My point was that Neuvirth was stating that I don't know the situation so I can't have the position that I do. Which would also apply to those that feel the opposite.

The same was said of Kassian, you're just not using him right. No blame ever gets assigned to a player or the fact that he might not be as good as one thinks. 

So in the third year of his contract, I'd be surprised if Grigorenko has had 700 minutes of ice time in the NHL. 

He hasn't had the benefit of playing on a line suited to his ability (as in, not the 3rd, and 4th), and has not had the benefit of consistent play with a line.

It is a pretty small sample.

The organizational failure is that he's only 20, a third year pro, and there is no idea what he is yet, or a program to employ him, which is a shame, because

getting wins the last two seasons have hardly mattered.  

So in the third year of his contract, I'd be surprised if Grigorenko has had 700 minutes of ice time in the NHL. 

He hasn't had the benefit of playing on a line suited to his ability (as in, not the 3rd, and 4th), and has not had the benefit of consistent play with a line.

It is a pretty small sample.

The organizational failure is that he's only 20, a third year pro, and there is no idea what he is yet, or a program to employ him, which is a shame, because

getting wins the last two seasons have hardly mattered.  

I agree.  Its this plus him certainly not making the most of his opportunities. Every pro coach he's had has criticized his work ethic on the ice. The hardest hting for young players is to play on a consistent level

I got a new theory, i think Nolan and murray are getting along very well and Nolan is a tanktical genious.

He is deliberately screwing Grigorenko over so he won't reach his full potential untill next year and not ruin our bid for Mceichel.

I've stated variations on that theory several times.  I actually see it as one of the more likely scenarios.

60545465.jpg

Edited by Neuvichs Perchatka

He just got stripped by Seguin. Better bench him for 3 games. That'll learn him to not get beat by a better player.

Nota great third period for Grigs. Back in the doghouse and back on the buses!

Nota great third period for Grigs. Back in the doghouse and back on the buses!

Unless his latest callup was 'emergency' he's here for the duration. Doesn't mean he can't watch from the pressbox, but his time on the bus in Ra-cha-cha has probably come to an end for a long spell.

Grigs was winning battles on the boards and setting up plays in the first two. Getting beat and burned in the third. It was his guy on one of the goals that slipped past him to score. He didn't win the battles in the third. When he lost his guy and that guy scored I'm certain Nolan said . And to Taro's point, I don't know if he is here on emergency recall or not but I 'll bet you he won't get 16 minutes against the putrid Arizona team.

I didn't see him as much in the third, so I would guess he got most of that TOI in the first.  His second period didn't look as strong as the first.

He's learning the game. I think he's gonna be a keeper, although I don't know that GMTM will be the one that keeps him.

He's clearly more talented than most of this team. He clearly is very conscientious about his defence to the point where he seems to be overthinking it at times.

He clearly much better than he was. And he clearly has a lot to learn.

Clearly.

Just got home from the game.  We hung out with the refs after the game -- nice guys.

On Grigs.  I saw a few things.  On the first goal, he did a great job bringing the puck into the zone on the right side then went around the boards (where I was sitting about 10 rows above the ice) got control of the puck and made a great pass to Foligno who shot it - Gionta got the rebound the scored.  It was a great pass with little time to think and he got it to an open man.  

Later - he made a nice no-look pass to Gionta and Kari made a nice save.

Later - he made a very pass to get the puck of his zone into a breaking teammate.

On these plays, there was no time to react and he did something very good with the puck.

I didn't see the play where he got undressed by Seguin.

He just needs to play play play and get up to the speed of the game.  Great hands.

Allways thought he had the skill to make it and really hope he stays on this team.

can you imagine rolling out a top 9 every night like this next year because i can.  

That third line will not only shut down opposing teams top lines but also has alot of skill, you can even move Zemgus or Mikhail up to #1 line because you still have larsson.

Kane - Cojack - ?

Moulson - Reinhart - Ennis

Girgensons - Grigorenko - Foligno

Worst case scenario, he brings up his value and he is trade bait for RoR. 

Edited by Heimdall

Just got home from the game.  We hung out with the refs after the game -- nice guys.

On Grigs.  I saw a few things.  On the first goal, he did a great job bringing the puck into the zone on the right side then went around the boards (where I was sitting about 10 rows above the ice) got control of the puck and made a great pass to Foligno who shot it - Gionta got the rebound the scored.  It was a great pass with little time to think and he got it to an open man.  

Later - he made a nice no-look pass to Gionta and Kari made a nice save.

Later - he made a very pass to get the puck of his zone into a breaking teammate.

On these plays, there was no time to react and he did something very good with the puck.

I didn't see the play where he got undressed by Seguin.

He just needs to play play play and get up to the speed of the game.  Great hands.

Thanks.

Gionta was getting shots with Grigo centering him. That's a plus. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.