GDT: Sabres at Blue Jackets 2/24/2015 7pm MSG

Brawndo

I'm talking like there is still some season left, and the relentless tank talk will be tenfold the last 21 games compared to the first 62.

I can see how this can become repeatitive, but so has the last couple years so in a zenish world sabres fans have only been embracing what is so obviously happening and now we actually see an end to this dark tunnel way off and it doesn't appear to be an incoming train, so really who is the one being negative?

Relax and enjoy the bandwagon er journey... Embrace it with the knowledge that groundhog day appears to be close to over.

Edited by Fargenov Iceholeski

I can see how this can become repeatitive, but so has the last couple years so in a zenish world sabres fans have only been embracing what is so obviously happening and now we actually see an end to this dark tunnel way off and it doesn't appear to be an incoming train, so really who is the one being negative?

Relax and enjoy the bandwagon er journey... Embrace it with the knowledge that groundhog day appears to be close to over.

The difference lies in the fact that we can't control what happens to the team. However, we can control what we post. 

This is what I'm not looking forward to... God forbid the Sabres should win a game or two (which I'm pretty sure is what they are paid to do)...

Get ready for it, hold on tight. 

The difference lies in the fact that we can't control what happens to the team. However, we can control what we post. 

Get ready for it, hold on tight.

But neither of us can control what other posts and trying to get anyone to behave or post differently in the middle of this horrendos season is both unreasonable and insane on any board, let alone one as tame as this one.

But neither of us can control what other posts and trying to get anyone to behave or post differently in the middle of this horrendos season is both unreasonable and insane on any board, let alone one as tame as this one.

We all post what we feel and think, so there will never be consensus. I think it would be a bit disturbing that we should be expected to feel and think in any way normal this season. It should be expected that posters on here should be a little combative and unreasonable, this is a bad time to be a Sabres fan, if our feathers don't get ruffled this season what kind of passionate fan base do the Sabres have?

We all post what we feel and think, so there will never be consensus. I think it would be a bit disturbing that we should be expected to feel and think in any way normal this season. It should be expected that posters on here should be a little combative and unreasonable, this is a bad time to be a Sabres fan, if our feathers don't get ruffled this season what kind of passionate fan base do the Sabres have?

One that will take full responsibility when we're DFL?

I'd rather talk hockey, players, etc. than talk tank. The latter seems to be taking care of itself without our "help".

I'd rather talk hockey, players, etc. than talk tank. The latter seems to be taking care of itself without our "help".

That is the goal of the season to be DFL, not talking about is like not talking about the Presidents cup if that was the goal of the season.

Also, and most importantly, and I hope we are all thinking this when we post.

I respect your opinions, we may not agree, but in the end we are just as passionate about the same thing, the Sabres.

Edited by Woods-Racer

The tank is the most important aspect of this season. Management has chosen this direction for the team. For the fan base not to discuss it and for it not to be a topic of conversation is unreasonable.

There is no way possible to put a positive spin on anything that is happening this season. So whether you use the word tank or just say we suck you are still going to get the same negative and frustrated threads. It is what it is and I think we have all reached our wits end. People getting a little testy is to be expected by now.

That is the goal of the season to be DFL, not talking about is like not talking about the Presidents cup if that was the goal of the season.

Excellent point. Burying our head in the sand isn't going to make things better.

Edited by sicknfla

The tank is the most important aspect of this season. Management has chosen this direction for the team. For the fan base not to discuss it and for it not to be a topic of conversation is unreasonable.

There is no way possible to put a positive spin on anything that is happening this season. So whether you use the word tank or just say we suck you are still going to get the same negative and frustrated threads. It is what it is and I think we have all reached our wits end. People getting a little testy is to be expected by now.

Excellent point. Burying our head in the sand isn't going to make things better.

I haven't said we can't talk about it (although I will continue to request that it be kept out of GDTs during games); my main point was this:

Exactly... the answer to the multiple choice question that is "How to win a Stanley Cup?" is not necesssarily A, but "all of the above".

I would love for this to happen.  I'm just tired of the insinuations that the anti-tankers are idiots simply because we hold a different view than the pro-tankers.  Neither of us are necessarily right, so we should stop trying to convince one another and just coexist for the remainder of the season.

Some are for, and some are against.  Yes, I'm incredibly tired of hearing, reading, and talking about the tank.  Yes, I understand it's going to keep coming up because of this disaster of a season.  I'm not trying to convince the pro-tankers that they're wrong, and I want them to return the favor.  We've all got our own ways of staying sane through this, and as Woods-Racer pointed out, we're all here because we care so damn much about the team (even when they suck).  Can we stop antagonizing each other over a difference in point of view and just get through the last 21 games already?  Ugh.

I haven't said we can't talk about it (although I will continue to request that it be kept out of GDTs during games); my main point was this:

Some are for, and some are against. Yes, I'm incredibly tired of hearing, reading, and talking about the tank. Yes, I understand it's going to keep coming up because of this disaster of a season. I'm not trying to convince the pro-tankers that they're wrong, and I want them to return the favor. We've all got our own ways of staying sane through this, and as Woods-Racer pointed out, we're all here because we care so damn much about the team (even when they suck). Can we stop antagonizing each other over a difference in point of view and just get through the last 21 games already? Ugh.

I think we all need to make an agreement that no matter what happens the rest of the way that when the final whistle blows this season the word tank is forbidden on here. We are all sick of it. That much nobody can argue.

I think we all need to make an agreement that no matter what happens the rest of the way that when the final whistle blows this season the word tank is forbidden on here. We are all sick of it. That much nobody can argue.

Can we start a post season tank (swear) jar?

Use the word "tank" for any reason, gotta put a buck in the jar...

Starting the day after the last draft pick is taken...

Can we start a post season tank (swear) jar?Use the word "tank" for any reason, gotta put a buck in the jar...Starting the day after the last draft pick is taken...

Yup it'll be nice to get back to crticizing individual players when thet crap the bed rather than the whole team

There will be a time when we all look back on this entire debate around tanking and laugh, either out of giddy joy...or utter misery. Either way, we'll all get over our gripes and quibbles and be united again under the cause of just hoping for some wins. 

If the tank fails then you all better exile yourselves, because I'm never going to let it go. I will fight the mightiest crusade ever fought on the internet. 

Anti-Tank Crusader much better.  Plus, he's American.

Are you implying that being American waging a crusade on  Canadian soil (it is after all, their religion.....I mean game) will end well?

Again, I refer to history, and think it will be a trying experience that may wind up a futile and costly endeavor , plus his monster truck may get a few tires slashed.....

Are you implying that being American waging a crusade on  Canadian soil (it is after all, their religion.....I mean game) will end well?

Again, I refer to history, and think it will be a trying experience that may wind up a futile and costly endeavor , plus his monster truck may get a few tires slashed.....

You were referring to Canadian tank crusaders Edmonton?

I thought you meant Blitzkrieg not ending well, like suicider en bunkre.

As my medical history record will show, I sometimes confuse reality with so-called fantasy, which makes me associate Fantasy Sabre Tank, with Real Nazi Tank.

I am sorry.

That's a load of crap.

Because its not your opinion. Yeah that sounds about right. Read the rest of the thread from your post I've quoted and tell me there isn't equal whine from both sides. Thats all I opined about the whining sounding the same. I didn't ask for this tank either but i've accepted it. What else can I do ? I can't change the Sabres minds on their direction. So I go along. I'm certainly not whining about it. But I do want a high pick out of this clusterfukc of a season. There's no changing that so I won't deny it. I still wish the team well in the gdt prior to the game. GO SABRES ! Without fail. 21 games to go.

By "every thread" do you just mean game day threads and, ya know, tank threads. Game threads are the obvious place that people will talk about it after the game... And then the draft, carrion and trade speculation thread are obvious territory for it.

How many times do you need to spanked for this, you immoral, selfish, degenerate, immature bad little boy?  Do you like it, you sicko?

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.