GDT: Sabres at Blue Jackets 2/24/2015 7pm MSG

Brawndo

Only reason Neuvirth may be getting the starts is to increase trade value. He has been playing well lately. 

I'd rather Lindback start and help guarantee a top 2 pick. Neuvirth won't get much in a trade. 

Edited by thanes16

Neuvirth isn't getting traded. He's a GMTM guy.

I'm worried he's going to get hurt again.

I'd never want a guy to get hurt. Even a Bruin.... Neuvirth has played very well in his last 6 starts. Believe his GAA is 1.72 and his SV% is a 1.51. Great numbers. I can understand why GMTM needs to keep the guy in Buffalo. The Sabres have players in the system, but how many, if any at all, are ready for the jump to the NHL? Not one is ready to be the ace in the goalie department. As for a backup, why not bring the most promising one up? Or even rotate the backup position until the right one is found. I'll admit I have hopes, kind of an NHL 15 move, Murray can get a hold of Subban from Boston. Not letting Subbans disastrous outing the other night affect my opinion. Crap happens. But yeah, I agree w/ your point on Neuvirth being GMTM's guy. 

Edited by thanes16

They haven't started contract extension talks with him as of yet and GMTM said they would approach him about it if he is still on the team a week from today.   Pure speculation on my part, he does every he can to trade him and brings him back after July 1st

From here on out, my passion for losing skyrockets as each game approaches. Silently I have been wanting this but now, I will be wanting losses more than I have wanted playoff wins in the past. Eichel is just THAT good, and if they blow it now, it will be devastating. I will openly say that if there is ANYONE left who wants wins, you just don't get it.

I'd never want a guy to get hurt. Even a Bruin.... Neuvirth has played very well in his last 6 starts. Believe his GAA is 1.72 and his SV% is a 1.51. Great numbers. I can understand why GMTM needs to keep the guy in Buffalo. The Sabres have players in the system, but how many, if any at all, are ready for the jump to the NHL? Not one is ready to be the ace in the goalie department. As for a backup, why not bring the most promising one up? Or even rotate the backup position until the right one is found. I'll admit I have hopes, kind of an NHL 15 move, Murray can get a hold of Subban from Boston. Not letting Subbans disastrous outing the other night affect my opinion. Crap happens. But yeah, I agree w/ your point on Neuvirth being GMTM's guy. 

They haven't started contract extension talks with him as of yet and GMTM said they would approach him about it if he is still on the team a week from today.   Pure speculation on my part, he does every he can to trade him and brings him back after July 1st

Alright, I had a brain freeze. School has been cancelled today due to inclement weather, so I brought the usage of my brain to a minimal. Rest is as important as hard work, right? I completely forgot about the trade and bringing back after July 1st. Worked for Moulson, so why not Neuvirth? You made a good point BRAWNDO. And nothing against what you had to say d4rkovik. You and BRAWNDO are basically on the same page. Neuvirth may be GMTM's guy. And if he is, I'm sure he'll do what is necessary to get him back in Buffalo. 

Edited by thanes16

From here on out, my passion for losing skyrockets as each game approaches. Silently I have been wanting this but now, I will be wanting losses more than I have wanted playoff wins in the past. Eichel is just THAT good, and if they blow it now, it will be devastating. I will openly say that if there is ANYONE left who wants wins, you just don't get it.

I have relatives who passionately cheer for the Sabres to win, and I get the mentality--you spend 40 years cheering for the team, you're not going to stop now.  But at this point, it's obvious we're not making the playoffs.  100%, our best chance next year is to finish dead last this year.  Point being: I agree with you.  There is no reason left to cheer for the Sabres this year, if you care at all about how they do next year.  But this isn't the tank thread, so I'll get off my soapbox.

I have relatives who passionately cheer for the Sabres to win, and I get the mentality--you spend 40 years cheering for the team, you're not going to stop now.  But at this point, it's obvious we're not making the playoffs.  100%, our best chance next year is to finish dead last this year.  Point being: I agree with you.  There is no reason left to cheer for the Sabres this year, if you care at all about how they do next year.  But this isn't the tank thread, so I'll get off my soapbox.

Hey. I've cheered for this team for 40. Not sure if that makes me loyal or stupid. Maybe a little bit of both ? Anyways. I'm not sure what winning would accomplish at this point other than give the kids a boost to their confidence or pride. Help them bond a little ? I'll still wish the team well in my usual way.

As always, GO SABRES !

The contrast between this post and the won you have in the CHL thread is hilarious. It's like you went into another room to freak out before coming back and calmly telling us the news :D

Comrade,

Dude, what happened to your avatar?

And in honour of your new member title ...

Now, that was a far out cat.

Oh, yeah ...

GO SABRES!!

The contrast between this post and the won you have in the CHL thread is hilarious. It's like you went into another room to freak out before coming back and calmly telling us the news :D

My wife was in the other room when I read it on Twitter. Needless to say I let out some choice words, without missing a beat, she says Columbus is starting their backup huh?

Comrade,

Dude, what happened to your avatar?

And in honour of your new member title ...

Now, that was a far out cat.

Oh, yeah ...

GO SABRES!!

Russia's greatest love machine  :flirt:

Such a great song. The avatar I had had too large of a file size; I thought I changed it but I guess Connolly really wanted to make a comeback. All set now.

I wish I had better photoshop skills, GMTM shopped onto the picture of Putin riding a bear was my goal, but it's too much effort in ms paint. Plus the stoic bear is kinda awesome

My wife was in the other room when I read it on Twitter. Needless to say I let out some choice words, without missing a beat, she says Columbus is starting their backup huh?

Hahah nice, sounds like she's a keeper  :thumbsup:

Edited by WildComrade

If we have accepted the tank for almost two full seasons then we have to accept that we need to lose these games. I am as big of fan as anyone and nothing would be worse than going through all this only to finish a point or two from McEichel. So if I offend a few of you I am sorry.

LET'S GO BLUE JACKETS!!!!!!!!

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.