Trade Deadline 2015 (March 2nd, 3 p.m.)

Hoss

Why is darcy getting so much credit around here? He's a glorified scout. Unless you read this board, we make him sound like the VP of hockey operations. Surely he's in everyones ear planting seeds for tank ideas! Surely he's behind it all!

Horse ######!

http://www.azcentral.com/story/sports/nhl/coyotes/2014/07/03/coyotes-name-darcy-regier-senior-vp-assistant-gm/12185993/

Regier's duties will cover the entire hockey operations department – from working with the team's minor-league affiliate and scouting the pros and amateurs to being involved in adding NHL players, dealing with contracts and handling staffing issues.

"You name it, he'll be involved in it," Maloney said….

Since they've known each other for more than two decades, Maloney considers Regier his closest friend on the management side of the NHL. But this hire wasn't a handout.

"This was all about what do the Arizona Coyotes need to be better and more successful, and I cannot think of anybody better or more qualified and that can help us improve," Maloney said.

No way, Darcy just couldn't have anything to do with the downward spiral occurring in Arizona.  Just impossible. 

This tweet was shown on live TV on TSN’s “#TradeCentre” hashtag. It read: “I want the leafs to keep lupul solely based upon the fact that he banged phaneufs wife.”

TSN apologized and stopped showing live tweets.

Ah there is the Phaneuf clamp....

http://www.azcentral.com/story/sports/nhl/coyotes/2014/07/03/coyotes-name-darcy-regier-senior-vp-assistant-gm/12185993/

No way, Darcy just couldn't have anything to do with the downward spiral occurring in Arizona. Just impossible.

So what does Maloney do? Did he take the past month off? Is it Darcy's show in the desert? I can't buy that an assistant GM is running their franchise.

I would be thrilled to have the consolation prize. I'm all in for the big 2. Don't need another defenseman at 3. Marner is alittle on the same size and Strome is probably another 2 years away.

Forsure, I'm with ya. Any of the top 5 you have to be thrilled. Just less thrilled then McDavid. I see it like Crosby Malkin. Pumped with either, but obviously hoping for Crosby.

So what does Maloney do? Did he take the past month off? Is it Darcy's show in the desert? I can't buy that an assistant GM is running their franchise.

It's called influence.  No one operates in isolation and the guy values Darcy.  But, I do have another quote for you, from the same article, for entertainment purposes only:

It's also likely Maloney leaves Regier holding down the fort with the Coyotes at times so Maloney can get out and scout more often than he's been able to the past few years.
Edited by kas23

Eichel to me is just a reminder that we missed out, though he is quite the consolation prize.

But even in the best case scenario, we are four times more likely to get Eichel than McDavid.

Forsure, I'm with ya. Any of the top 5 you have to be thrilled. Just less thrilled then McDavid. I see it like Crosby Malkin. Pumped with either, but obviously hoping for Crosby.

Eichel would be just a little less thrilled than McDavid.  Any of the other three would be a lot less thrilled than even Eichel.

You get one of the big two at the draft and the lineup looks a whole lot better and at least they will be watchable next year but you end up with the 3 pick you probably won't see him in the lineup for at least another 2 years. Which means another year of this crap! I'm not saying this thing is going to turn around next season but at least it would be worth watching. These last 2 years have been a total $hit storm to watch.

Edited by SabresBillsFan

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.