qwksndmonster

Josie managed to score us two of the special new 3DS's last night for $100 each. What a great deal. I tell ya, black Friday shopping from the couch is so much easier, especially thanks to sites like Now In Stock. As soon as they went on sale on Walmarts website we got alerts. Cool stuff.

Pokémon Sun and Moon also purchased. So now we can be 10 year olds again. :lol:

Josie managed to score us two of the special new 3DS's last night for $100 each. What a great deal. I tell ya, black Friday shopping from the couch is so much easier, especially thanks to sites like Now In Stock. As soon as they went on sale on Walmarts website we got alerts. Cool stuff.

Pokémon Sun and Moon also purchased. So now we can be 10 year olds again. :lol:

Awesome

I bought Overwatch finally since it's only $35. Great fun, but I'm either not going to have enough time to get good at it, or I'm going to be seriously shirking other responsibilities :lol:

My son has it and is good, thats another game he wants to show me. Oof.

Till Sabres return to playoffs gonna continue my world of tanks obsession.

Ok - picked up a few games for the kids. One of them is Pokemon Moon. I honestly know nothing about that series. Is it much like a turn based RPG? I plan on getting Skyrim for myself. That is a game I look forward to playing. Until then it's all the Uncharted Collection.

FF XV received a 86 metacritic score.  Not bad, but can be considered a disappointment w/ it being a part of a popular franchise and having 10 years to develop. Also, FF XV continues to take the franchise in a new direction. Turn based combat is no longer used and the use of magic and summons play a very small role. Not saying this is a game to avoid. If you're into rpg's go for it. Just don't expect to a FF experience you may have had in the past. Let add the last FF I truly enjoyed was FFX.  

I don't think FF has been good since 9.

(I may or may not have stopped playing at 10...)

They played it smart w/ FF 9 by going back to the original setup. Had a medieval type setting. Expecting the use of a car in FF 15 to take away from the FF experience.  

• 1 month later...

:o Just wow

First Zelda to have true go where you want, when you want.  Much like Elder Scrolls. 

First Zelda to have an alchemy system put into play.  No more simple cut a bush and get a heart. 

First Zelda to have voice acting.  Well, supposedly everyone talks except Link.  And I'm cool with that.  Honestly, hearing people talk has never been a must for me.  Started gaming w/ the NES.  Still, cool for Nintendo to follow the trend of most present day games. 

First modern day Zelda to have graphics that can compete with other consoles.  Must admit graphics are not a make or break.  Gameplay is far more important.  Nintendo rarely fails to deliver on that part of gaming. 

Have hopes the Nintendo Switch is a rebound from the Wii U.  Now, I enjoyed the Wii U.  Enjoyed a number of games on the system.  Disappointed Metroid, Zelda, remasters don't count, and a non-level based Mario game were not released.  

Here's a  :beer: to what could be greatness on March 3rd.  Latest Zelda will be available on the Nintendo Switch and Wii U. 

Edited by GoPre

• 1 month later...

Fellow Zelda fans on Sabre Space, the latest game has been released.  It's being regarded as a must play.  Possibly the best Zelda to ever be released.  Received perfect scores from countless gaming sites.  Don't have to buy Nintendo's latest system, Nintendo Switch, to play it.  Game can be played on the Wii U.  Here's a review if interested. 

Edited by GoPre

Bought Zelda today for Wii U. About two hours in and love it!

Fell asleep last night watching someone on Youtube play it live.  Woke up and they were still playing it.  The guy literally did not stop.  Game must be addicting.  

And as much as I want to play it, I'll probably wait until I pick up a Nintendo Switch.  Just want the 1st experience to be at it's fullest.  

Edited by GoPre

Debating what game to pick up next.  Need suggestions for the PS4.  In today's gaming world prices on games drop fast.  So preferring one that may be going for $40 or less.  Resident Evil 7 is already down to that w/ a few gaming chains.  Speaking of Resident EVII (7), what do those of you that have played it think? Also considering The Last Guardian.  Minus fighting or racing games, never got into them, I'm looking for any credible game. Oh, and what about Batman Arkham Night?  Shows I'm open to just about anything.  Doesn't have to be a brand new game.  So fire away Sabres fans.  Always prefer the general population opinion.