qwksndmonster

This is very disappointing because a teaser trailer for Zelda Wii U was released last year. Many felt the game would be nearing completion by now. Hopes were high it'd be released this fall or early 2016. Not looking like it's going to happen. 

I don't know anyone who was expecting it to be nearing completion by now.  2016 was always assumed the earliest possible release year.

Umm....simply doing it for the fun of it. You need to get a grip. Your sir would have the most "thumbs down" if that was used on Sabrespace. Take a look at a number of your posts and responses by people on this board ever since you joined. You have no sense of respect and take things far too serious. If a person disagrees w/ an opinion you may have, you have this need to go off on them. Many, not all, of your posts have become rather humorous. And I do not mean that in a good way. As I already said, get a grip. Just trying to help you out.

What a poster said to you in the "Making SabreSpace more friendly to new posters" thread sums it up perfectly.

Post # 2,187

You're right. My apologies. I've been a bit of an dick more so lately than I had been in a while. Likely because life has been kicking the out of me.

You're right. My apologies. I've been a bit of an dick more so lately than I had been in a while. Likely because life has been kicking the ###### out of me.

Good job owning it man.  I thought your reponse before this one was out of line.  Just remember, if you carry the negativity everywhere then you'll only succeed in breeding more of it in new places.  Don't let this place add to the crap in your life, let it work against that.

The next period is about to begin.. are you ready? :)

I was thinking of getting a game system to play hockey. My friends suggest play station 3. Any suggestions on a cheap system that is fun to play?

NHL 16 is not being made for the PS3 or 360. If you want NHL 16, you'll need to get a PS4 or Xbox One. You can pick up a PS3 or 360 and enjoy NHL 14 or 15. NHL 15 can still be played online, so it may be one you want to consider. Only drawback is you have nothing to look forward to next year. I highly recommend the PS4, but it's not cheap. Maybe wait for the holidays and get one on sale? 

Let me add the PS3 and 360 are great systems to have. Just depends on what games you're interested in. 

Edited by Thanes16

NHL 16 is not being made for the PS3 or 360. If you want NHL 16, you'll need to get a PS4 or Xbox One. You can pick up a PS3 or 360 and enjoy NHL 14 or 15. NHL 15 can still be played online, so it may be one you want to consider. Only drawback is you have nothing to look forward to next year. I highly recommend the PS4, but it's not cheap. Maybe wait for the holidays and get one on sale?

EA is making an NHL game for PS3 but they haven't given much detail on what it will be.

https://www.easports.com/nhl/features/nhl-legacy

This tells me that it's a re-release of 14/15 with updated rosters essentially.

For people not ready to invest in a PS4 or Xbox One, a PS3 would be a good investment. PS3's are affordable and have a ton of games to play. To be honest, I didn't plan on purchasing a PS4 last Christmas. Just kind of said why not, it's the Holidays! If I didn't have a PS4 right now, I'd probably pick up the re-release just to save a little money. So Bob_sauve, grab a PS3. It's a system I highly recommend. 

Which system do you have Hoss? Please tell me you're not an xbox fanboy!  All kidding aside, I think both systems are great to have. Just depends on what type of games you're interested in. 

So they're finally doing a Final Fantasy VII remake.  I don't know what to think about this one.

My initial response was shock/excitement! Very shortly after that I began to wonder what if this re-make blows? Different people are developing this game. This re-make is not being made for the generation that grew up w/ it. It's for today's youth. Battle system will most likely be different, but man I hope they keep it turn based. You don't see many of those any more. The last well made turn based rpg was Ni No Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch. It was a PS3 exclusive and it was unbelievable! Sadly, most of today's kids are not interested in turn based rpgs. I'm excited about the re-make. Just hope it's not a disappointment. 

There's a rumor going around about Zelda Wii U. There's a possibility it will be released on the Wii U and Nintendo NX. The NX will be the next console for Nintendo. There will be no talk of it until 2016. 

Legend of Zelda Twilight Princess was released on the GameCube and Wii, so this wouldn't be a first for Nintendo. Hope Nintendo holds onto the Wii U as it's main console for at least 2 more years. 

And speaking of re-makes, it'd be awesome, in my opinion, if Square Enix decided to go the same route w/ Chrono Trigger. It'd be a gamble, but apparently it's the popular thing for movie/video game companies to do right now. Chrono Trigger is one of the top 5 games ever made. 

Apologize for the lengthy post, but have one more thing to add. Nintendo hasn't had a Metroid game on a console since Metroid Other M 5 years ago. No Zelda and no Mario on the Wii U yet? The system has been out for almost 3 years. I am a proud owner of a Wii U, but disappointed w/ the lack of 1st party games. And that's the major problem. Many, not all, people buy Nintendo consoles for the 1st party games. And when I mention 1st party, I'm making reference to the games I already spoke of. Nintendo has to know this. Very disappointed they are not meeting these expectations. This is why Nintendo is considered as the "other" system to own. Many Nintendo console owners also have a playstation or xbox. Let me stress I am very happy to have a Wii U. I do enjoy the few games made for it, but what I like about it is the fact it is a family system. Enjoy playing it w/ my kids. Just wish Metroid, Mario and Zelda were already on the Wii U....

Edited by Thanes16

For people not ready to invest in a PS4 or Xbox One, a PS3 would be a good investment. PS3's are affordable and have a ton of games to play. To be honest, I didn't plan on purchasing a PS4 last Christmas. Just kind of said why not, it's the Holidays! If I didn't have a PS4 right now, I'd probably pick up the re-release just to save a little money. So Bob_sauve, grab a PS3. It's a system I highly recommend. 

Which system do you have Hoss? Please tell me you're not an xbox fanboy!  All kidding aside, I think both systems are great to have. Just depends on what type of games you're interested in. 

Thanks! 

It has been a couple years but I am actually excited for COD: Black Ops III  Time to buy a new headset and prepare for hours of battling and yelling at little kids who want to do dirty things to my mom.  Why aren't you in school at 11am on a Tuesday!?!?

It has been a couple years but I am actually excited for COD: Black Ops III  Time to buy a new headset and prepare for hours of battling and yelling at little kids who want to do dirty things to my mom.  Why aren't you in school at 11am on a Tuesday!?!?

I am oddly tempted too.  I think ultimately I will hold out and save the money for the eventual PS4 purchase for Arkham Knight, but I'll go back and forth on it a lot.

I am oddly tempted too. I think ultimately I will hold out and save the money for the eventual PS4 purchase for Arkham Knight, but I'll go back and forth on it a lot.

Arkham Knight is almost a must play. Just depends what type of games you like. And yes, I can't wait to play it. However, I'm a game owner that feels I need to beat a game before I get another. I'm going through Bloodborne right now. Game is scary good!

Read on a gaming site that 60some % of gamers don't finish most games they buy. % may be higher than that. Read the article a couple of years ago.

Edited by Thanes16

Arkham Knight is almost a must play. Just depends what type of games you like. And yes, I can't wait to play it. However, I'm a game owner that feels I need to beat a game before I get another. I'm going through Bloodborne right now. Game is scary good!

Read on a gaming site that 60some % of gamers don't finish most games they buy. % may be higher than that. Read the article a couple of years ago.

I've played the whole series and have always been a huge fan of Batman, so that game is a must.  I did everything possible in the story mode of all of those games.  I'm content doing that much, I don't need to do some of the challenge modes.

Oh, and I'm currently playing through Arkham Origins again when I have free time.

It has been a couple years but I am actually excited for COD: Black Ops III Time to buy a new headset and prepare for hours of battling and yelling at little kids who want to do dirty things to my mom. Why aren't you in school at 11am on a Tuesday!?!?

Only problem I have w/ COD is if you're into single player campaigns, don't bother. Yes, there is a campaign for you to beat, but usually it's rather short and not much to be excited about. Multi-player is fun. Just get ready to get your butt kicked by some little brat staying up WAY too late on a school night. Many, not all, kids today have no idea what you're talking about when you mention the street lights are on. Hated hearing that when I was kid! Ha ha

I've played the whole series and have always been a huge fan of Batman, so that game is a must. I did everything possible in the story mode of all of those games. I'm content doing that much, I don't need to do some of the challenge modes.

Oh, and I'm currently playing through Arkham Origins again when I have free time.

Haven't played Origins. As good as the other two?

So the NHL 16 cover will be revealed at the NHL Awards which is a week from tomorrow... How is everybody thinking it will be? There is no cover vote this year. The cover athlete was decide before the playoffs happened so cup winners and playoff success won't be a factor.

My top five predictions:

1. John Tavares

2. Tyler Seguin

3. PK Subban

4. Ryan Johansen

5. Ryan Getzlaf

They seem to be avoiding Crosby like the plague. Maybe he's like Brady and doesn't want to be on the cover? Maybe they fear that many will refuse to buy?

Not that it should matter, but Subban finished 2nd in the voting last year. I wouldn't mind seeing him on the cover for NHL 16. I'd recommend Duncan Keith, but Kane and Toews have already been on the cover. EA probably does not want the franchise name switched to "Chicago." ha ha 

EA should go w/ Subban, Taveres or Seguin. 

Make it a lifetime achievement award and give it to Jagr.  A quick question though: do people really pay attention to who is on the cover of these games?  I couldn't tell you who has been on the cover any of the years I bought the game and I certainly wouldn't be persuaded one way or the other based on the cover.

edit:  Wait, new suggestion.  Put the Eichel unicorn on the cover.

Edited by shrader