qwksndmonster

Make it a lifetime achievement award and give it to Jagr.  A quick question though: do people really pay attention to who is on the cover of these games?  I couldn't tell you who has been on the cover any of the years I bought the game and I certainly wouldn't be persuaded one way or the other based on the cover.

edit:  Wait, new suggestion.  Put the Eichel unicorn on the cover.

This is a good point. First time I saw Bergeron on the cover I rolled my eyes. After that I didn't given it any attention. And it has been this way for every NHL game I have bought. Now if the Eichelcorn made the cover....  :wub:   ha ha just kidding guys. 

The majestic and rare Eicholcorn.... someone should mock this up for poops and giggles.

attachicon.gifEicholcorn.PNG

:w00t:  Where did this come from, and how am I just now seeing it for the first time??

I like to see who is on the cover. Last year I just designed my own Zemgus cover to put over Bergeron.

Very nice.

So I got Play Station 3 and NHL15

Played my Sabres against the Leafs and got beat down pretty hard 4-1 in my first game. Tyler Bozak scored a hate trick against me and Torry Mitchell had my first and only goal. I switch to Chicago after that, read the instructions a little and led by a Duncan Keith hat trick I jacked up the Leafs 6-1, lol 

So I got Play Station 3 and NHL15

Played my Sabres against the Leafs and got beat down pretty hard 4-1 in my first game. Tyler Bozak scored a hate trick against me and Torry Mitchell had my first and only goal. I switch to Chicago after that, read the instructions a little and led by a Duncan Keith hat trick I jacked up the Leafs 6-1, lol 

Glad you picked up a PS3! You'll pick up the game pretty quick. Soon enough you'll be spanking the Laughs w/ the Sabres. What difficulty do you have it on right now? Are there any other games you're thinking about buying? 

Glad you picked up a PS3! You'll pick up the game pretty quick. Soon enough you'll be spanking the Laughs w/ the Sabres. What difficulty do you have it on right now? Are there any other games you're thinking about buying? 

Yes, I've enjoyed it for a totally unexpected reason. Now that I get the internet on my TV through the PS I've been glued to watching a twenty year old discovery channel special on youtube about Watergate. Love it! I'm still learning how to play hockey on it but that's half the fun. Starting to pass and shoot better. I also have the MLB game but probably won't play that for awhile yet. So happy I bought this system though. Thanks for the advice 

Hopefully that can be fixed for PC gamers. Haven't played the PS4 version yet. Hope it doesn't have any problems, but let's face it. Games w/ glitches when released have become the norm. :(

And that's exactly what Arkham Origins was.  Re-playing that recently, they still never bothered to fix some of them.

Jonathan Toews and Patrick Kane are featured on the cover of NHL 16 hoisting the cup.

This is the second time on the cover for both.

bgb76Mz.png

Ha EA caught them off guard while celebrating their Stanley Cup win. Told the two they'd be on the cover together and took a quick pic. Not a bad idea. 

I think the cover is okay, but EA has really lost all creativity with these covers. They're all horribly simple with the same exact filters on each game. Really simple. Something anybody with basic photoshop skills could do.

This didn't actually happen. EA used a photo from the media that day.

More or less it did. It was all on the spot.  Kane and Toews knew nothing of it until it all went down. EA was there. Pics were taken and a little  editing was done. So yeah, it did actually happen. 

“(We found out) actually in the crazy (Cup) celebration on the ice. We had a bunch of people coming to us, the EA people, the NHL people, and Kane and I both work with the same agent, and they told us what was going on. We had to take the Cup and try to get a quick picture with it in the corner, and that’s when I realized that they were telling us we were (really) going to be on the cover of the video game. It was all too much to take in. It was pretty crazy, and that was just another thing you threw in the mix with how amazing that moment was.”

Edited by Thanes16

More or less it did. It was all on the spot. Kane and Toews knew nothing of it until it all went down. Pics were taken and a little editing was done. So yeah, it did actually happen.

“(We found out) actually in the crazy (Cup) celebration on the ice. We had a bunch of people coming to us, the EA people, the NHL people, and Kane and I both work with the same agent, and they told us what was going on. We had to take the Cup and try to get a quick picture with it in the corner, and that’s when I realized that they were telling us we were (really) going to be on the cover of the video game. It was all too much to take in. It was pretty crazy, and that was just another thing you threw in the mix with how amazing that moment was.”

That's awesome. I apologize. I saw people on Twitter claiming they "stole" this guy's picture and I have seen the picture they used before. Didn't realize it was earmarked for the cover.

That's awesome. I apologize. I saw people on Twitter claiming they "stole" this guy's picture and I have seen the picture they used before. Didn't realize it was earmarked for the cover.

It was a cool idea, but man, as you and Thirtyeight pointed out, the cover ranges from okay to hideous. I'm not sure if there is an in between on that, but if there is that's what I think of it. Didn't really think about it last night, but I think it's a bad idea to use Chicago 3 times since the NHL 10 edition. 3 Cups is arguably a dynasty. However, would've been more understandable if this was their 4th Cup. Carey Price owned the awards ceremony last night. Brought home the Vezina, Hart and William Jennings trophies. He also won the Ted Linsey Award. He should've been on the cover. 

I really don't think it's all that important, but I'd put the cup winner on their every year.  That's what hockey is all about.

That is understandable, but when a player has a historic season they need to be considered as a cover player. Price was the first goalie to lead the league in wins, goals against and save percentage since Ed Belfour in 1991. I respect your opinion, but at times other things need to be taken into consideration. 

And yes, being on the cover of a video game is something I'm sure most players don't have on their NHL bucket list. 

Edited by Thanes16