Trade: Myers, Stafford, Armia, Lemieux, + Low 1st for Kane, Bogosian, and Kasdorf

dudacek

People are still upset about this?

Tyler Myers was drafted the day my Father was buried in his Sabres gear, and my name is Tyler...I thought this would devastate me, but I am so extremely excited about Evander Kane.

I also REALLY liked Armia AND Lemieux, but I feel we have a Lemieux type of player in Fasching and Carrier, and Armia will be replaced by Bailey and Baptiste.

I just do not see this as much of a loss...my only worry was not finishing last, picking 3rd and not having the extra 1st round pick for something else.

(I'm confident that's no longer a worry.)

Myers is playing more than anyone on the team and shut down Ovechkin a couple of games ago while averaging about .67 points a game.

Who knows where and what Stafford will do but he is looking good in a Jets uni right now. 16 points in 19 games and a +4 with 6 minutes in penalties.

Kane? He averaged .3 goals a game for the Jets and gets 6m a year!!!!

Hey skippy, why the hell does Myers and Stafford get PPG as their measuring stick but you turn around and used Gpg for Evander?  

Enjoy Myers while he lasts.  Enjoy Stafford while he lasts.  Neither one is a consistent player and neither one will be.  

Personally I don't care if we lost this trade.  Evander and Zach make this team better than Stafford and Myers.  Also love how we are judging a trade when the biggest piece of it hasn't played a single game for Buffalo.

Bogo gets hurt or has other "problems" and misses games ALL the time. He's played what 14 games and is a -2 with 32 penalty minutes. I'd take Myers every day all day over Bogo.

A cancer in the room and most people are glad he is gone.

I will bet anyone that he is gone from the Sabres at the end of his contract if not before.

I'm in. What's the bet? And good god I hope you give Stafford 5 mil a year. He's worth it and more.

Holy crap.  I forgot I posted this one.  Granted, with that post I proclaimed the tank over.  Oh well,  batting .500 is generational stuff.   :P

Here's another you heard it here first.  The biggest trade the Sabres will be involved in this season will move one or more of our firsts for a bonafide, established stud with contract remaining.

Edited by weave

Myers will grow into a good #2 defenseman.  He has the potential for even more, as well.  He could turn into a special one.

Stafford is a fine 3rd liner on a team like Winnipeg that has depth and size.

I like Armia, but it'll be a while before he's ready.  I could see him becoming a decent 2nd liner in a few years.  Crazy good hands, always a bit inconsistent.

I don't have a solid opinion formed on the rest of the parts of the trade.  More science needed.  I've liked what I've seen from Bogosian so far.

Myers will grow into a good #2 defenseman.  He has the potential for even more, as well.  He could turn into a special one.

Stafford is a fine 3rd liner on a team like Winnipeg that has depth and size.

I like Armia, but it'll be a while before he's ready.  I could see him becoming a decent 2nd liner in a few years.  Crazy good hands, always a bit inconsistent.

I don't have a solid opinion formed on the rest of the parts of the trade.  More science needed.  I've liked what I've seen from Bogosian so far.

Isn't Staph playing on the 1st line there, or isn't that happening anymore?

I was referring to his value in general.  I'm not sure what line he's playing on right now.

I'd say that if he's on the first line in Winnie you might be undervaluing what he means to Winnie right now.   :P

And, coincidentally, this just showed up on my feed.

Drew Stafford now has a 9 game scoring streak, the longest by any Jet this season.

Drew Stafford is second line winger. I am going to repeat this until everyone believes me...or until they proceed to disregard all of my opinions because of said repetition of an unpopular opinion.

I've got your back.

Drew Stafford is second line winger. I am going to repeat this until everyone believes me...or until they proceed to disregard all of my opinions because of said repetition of an unpopular opinion.

I will not disregard your opinion because it is unpopular.

I do not agree with it because he fooled me once.

Holy crap.  I forgot I posted this one.  Granted, with that post I proclaimed the tank over.  Oh well,  batting .500 is generational stuff.   :P

Here's another you heard it here first.  The biggest trade the Sabres will be involved in this season will move one or more of our firsts for a bonafide, established stud with contract remaining.

So you co nsider someone that averages 24-25 goals a season a stud?

Hey skippy, why the hell does Myers and Stafford get PPG as their measuring stick but you turn around and used Gpg for Evander?  

Enjoy Myers while he lasts.  Enjoy Stafford while he lasts.  Neither one is a consistent player and neither one will be.  

Personally I don't care if we lost this trade.  Evander and Zach make this team better than Stafford and Myers.  Also love how we are judging a trade when the biggest piece of it hasn't played a single game for Buffalo.

So Kane has .7 points per game for the Jets or .62 in his career,  what's your point?

I'm in. What's the bet? And good god I hope you give Stafford 5 mil a year. He's worth it and more.

Staf won't make 5m a year for the Jets. He has 17 points in 20 games but he won't make 5m a year.

I'll bet whatever you'd like.

You do realize Kane isn't a free agent until 2018-2019?

He wants the bright lights of LA or NY or Chitown or Vegas...he wasn't happy in a small town like Winnipeg and won't be happy in Buffalo. I do have to thank him for being a dick though. Without his antics, we don't get Staf and Myers (30 points between them since they were traded here) and are probably out of the wildcard spot by now.

Myers is playing more than anyone on the team and shut down Ovechkin a couple of games ago while averaging about .67 points a game.

Who knows where and what Stafford will do but he is looking good in a Jets uni right now. 16 points in 19 games and a +4 with 6 minutes in penalties.

Nobody knows if Armia and Lemieux will play in the NHL but most scouts think they will and will for years.

1st pick in a deep draft with Chevy's drafting history makes me optimistic.

Kasdorf will never have a career in the NHL.

Bogo gets hurt or has other "problems" and misses games ALL the time. He's played what 14 games and is a -2 with 32 penalty minutes. I'd take Myers every day all day over Bogo.

A cancer in the room and most people are glad he is gone.

I will bet anyone that he is gone from the Sabres at the end of his contract if not before.

How is he going to feel when the number one draft pick gets all the limelight and he is playing second fiddle?

Myers would have to ###### the bed and Stafford would have to sign elsewhere plus Armia and Lemieux tank to even suggest the Jets didn't win this trade.

Someone's biased. You know you are when you think they only way you lost this trade is if everyone you got ends up sucking .

So Kane has .7 points per game for the Jets or .62 in his career,  what's your point?

Staf won't make 5m a year for the Jets. He has 17 points in 20 games but he won't make 5m a year.

He wants the bright lights of LA or NY or Chitown or Vegas...he wasn't happy in a small town like Winnipeg and won't be happy in Buffalo. I do have to thank him for being a dick though. Without his antics, we don't get Staf and Myers (30 points between them since they were traded here) and are probably out of the wildcard spot by now.

I am aware of his contract. I expect him to be here through 2023 if not the rest of his career.

If we draft Mcdavid , Kane will hang around for sure :p

If we draft Mcdavid , Kane will hang around for sure :P

That's something that people seem to forget:  The Sabres traded current assets for future assets in that trade which cost them standings points and helped get McEichel.  To win this trade all the Sabres have to do is finish last.

The opinion around the league, apparently excepting select sources Winnipeg, is that yes, Evander Kane is a stud.  

This happens a lot on here, some have a really hard time viewing things outside the buffalo bubble. 

You're right, Kane is considered a really good talented player.  Saying he wanted out of Winnipeg bc he wants the bright lights of NYC etc sounds like whiner line parody. 

Winnipeg is a really small town with almost nothing going on but hockey, and it's a pretty bad place for a young player with money.  

My point was I wanted you to show the ppg so people understand where Kane is on that scale.  As for the rest of it. I watched Drew Stafford once get 4 hat tricks in season.  He isn't a consistent player, he is very streaky.  As for Myers, I hope he works out for Winnipeg, I honestly do.  That being said I like Bogosian more.  Myers is replaceable for Buffalo.  Ristolainen is already picking up some of that slack and I think Pysyk can also do what Myers does. Bogosians rough attitude was something we lacked.  Really it was a good hockey trade all around with Winnipeg getting more assets and most likely the better end of the deal.  It is simply too early to judge however. Evander Kane still hasn't touched the ice.  I mean what if Kane does what Stafford has done?  What if he gets paired with Sam Reinhart and drops a 70pt 30g season?  Just urging caution on everyones behalf.

This happens a lot on here, some have a really hard time viewing things outside the buffalo bubble. 

You're right, Kane is considered a really good talented player.  Saying he wanted out of Winnipeg bc he wants the bright lights of NYC etc sounds like whiner line parody. 

Winnipeg is a really small town with almost nothing going on but hockey, and it's a pretty bad place for a young player with money.  

I think one thing people forget about Buffalo being a small town is that all the suburbs make it bigger.  Some places you leave DT and there is nothing.