Shipping Wings

Seannie34

What city are you looking to send them to? There has to be a better option for the money! And quality.

I will tell you though I flew to Boston from Buffalo once and took 150 wings from Duffs with me that I froze and packed in a carry on and they loved it!

But I delivered those 150 personally via plane cheaper than you could using Duffs or La Nova delivery lol.

Has anyone purchased wings online before (I'm thinking La Nova) and had them shipped to another city? I'm thinking of doing it for the game but I'm wondering how they turn out on the other end. Other recommendations would be appreciated.

What city are you in?

Best is to find a cool place that cooks big wings plain near you and have you favorite sauce shipped from your fav place in buff. .. I am a teds nut .. I have the teds hot sauce sent from anyone who I can persuade on any natural casing wiener I can find.

Have someone ship you a bottle of Frank's instead.  But, even without Frank's, chicken wings ain't no mystery.  I would argue that it's more challenging to select the proper bleu cheese sauce than figure out how to make wings.  Your average Kraft bottle off the shelf BC won't do.

Several years back I priced out a Beef on Wick delivery to Phoenix.  I'm thinking we talked to Schwabl's but don't remember.  Pricing was outrages, something to the effect of $150 for the beef and rolls. 

So we researched how to cook the beef, bought a deli slicer (later returned to Target) and via friends found where B on W was served in PHX for rolls.   I drove way north to an Alberstons that made the rolls for Ron Wolfley's restaurant in N. Phx.   It took some negotiating and then having a manager at the restaurant give them permission to sell us two dozen rolls.

Our version was really great and it helped we had some really good horseradish.  So many places around the country sell great wings and the price could be prohibited for shipping.  

My cousin had wings shipped out here to San Diego a while back from Anchor Bar for a Sabres playoff game party the last time they were in the playoffs. They turned out pretty good.

Last time I was in Buffalo I brought home a bunch of kummelweck rolls in a suitcase and got roast beef from a good deli near my house and made my own Beef on Weck sandwiches.

Several years back I priced out a Beef on Wick delivery to Phoenix.  I'm thinking we talked to Schwabl's but don't remember.  Pricing was outrages, something to the effect of $150 for the beef and rolls. 

So we researched how to cook the beef, bought a deli slicer (later returned to Target) and via friends found where B on W was served in PHX for rolls.   I drove way north to an Alberstons that made the rolls for Ron Wolfley's restaurant in N. Phx.   It took some negotiating and then having a manager at the restaurant give them permission to sell us two dozen rolls.

Our version was really great and it helped we had some really good horseradish.  So many places around the country sell great wings and the price could be prohibited for shipping.  

Hat to be the moral police here as i rarely post..but you bought the slicer, used it, then returned it? Really? Kinda like stealing no?

On to the topic...i thing it would be nuts to get the wings shipped.Maybe LeNova would ship you a bottle of sauce...that you have for several batches.

This is the most false thing ever posted on this forum.

I somewhat agree..naked wings fried are the basis for Buffalo Wings...after that its all about the sauce.

Now, if you talking breaded, cooked,  grilled etc, these are not Buffalo Wings but Chicken Wings.

I Like several of those as well...i smoke wings, grill them, use the Alton Brown method of steam first then high heat baked....all good, but all not Buffalo Wings

Edited by plenzmd1

Hat to be the moral police here as i rarely post..but you bought the slicer, used it, then returned it? Really?

Ot to the topic...i thing it would be nuts to get the wings shipped.Maybe LeNova would ship you a bottle of sauce...that you have for several batches.

http://w.mawebcenters.com/Buffalofoods/ecommerce/condiments-sauces/wing-sauce.html

NOt La Nova, but...

Have someone ship you a bottle of Frank's instead.  But, even without Frank's, chicken wings ain't no mystery.  I would argue that it's more challenging to select the proper bleu cheese sauce than figure out how to make wings.  Your average Kraft bottle off the shelf BC won't do.

You can purchase Franks anywhere. Buy some wings....deep fry them and make sauce...not that difficult

Edited by nucci

Are you saying that a one raw chicken wing is different from another? You cook it in oil, period. The sauce is the difference maker.

I grew up in a household where my father only would buy plain wings (I know, I know....) and there is absolutely a difference in the quality of the base wing between pizza places. The method may be the same, but the execution is not.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.