GDT: Flames @ Sabres, 12/11/2014, 7:00 pm, MSG

LGR4GM

Based on what? The absolute joke of a profanity filter that we've been saddled with here for years?

Can't it be turned off? We're a reasonable people. Although it's a hockey board for adults, and so I feel free to drop the eff bomb and some mild profanity once in a while, I can certainly refrain from doing so if that's the wish of the management.

Can't it be turned off? We're a reasonable people. Although it's a hockey board for adults, and so I feel free to drop the eff bomb and some mild profanity once in a while, I can certainly refrain from doing so if that's the wish of the management.

I'd rather have that. Turn off the profanity filter and put the onus on us to watch what we say.

I'd rather have that. Turn off the profanity filter and put the onus on us to watch what we say.

IMHO, everyone should be accountable for what he/she says, and there should be no reliance on the profanity filter.

Not sure why you're so exorcised about the filter -- is it really cramping your style that much?

Don't hold it back. Don't let Darcy Regier's feeble attempt at marketing to save his job keep you from enjoying your team's victories. Come on, when you saw that sauce from Ennis, Girgs get his ninth, and little Tyler knock the defense down to find MattyMo, the guy who signed long term to play for these fans when their team was the literal worst, that smile was in you. That wonderful feeling in your chest that makes you throw your hands in the air and shout, the reason why you sit at work all day waiting to go home for 7pm puck drop, remembering the skating and daydreaming of your childhood on the pond, all the reasons hockey defines a part of who you are, that nobody else understands except these guys on this messageboard. That's why I watch hockey, at least. That's why I don't feel bad when my team wins games.

Someday soon we'll be watching a deep playoff run, Nikita blasting home an overtime point shot, that becomes the newest extention in the youtube videos of May Day, Legion of Doom, goes around Alfredsson cuts in fron-SCOOOOORES, that we watch with a tear in our eye, and we'll laugh at the worry these wins in December of 14 caused us.Yeah. I don't think playoffs has any reasonable shot this year. But I want them to lose games about as much as the players do.

Good stuff here.

Don't hold it back. Don't let Darcy Regier's feeble attempt at marketing to save his job keep you from enjoying your team's victories. Come on, when you saw that sauce from Ennis, Girgs get his ninth, and little Tyler knock the defense down to find MattyMo, the guy who signed long term to play for these fans when their team was the literal worst, that smile was in you. That wonderful feeling in your chest that makes you throw your hands in the air and shout, the reason why you sit at work all day waiting to go home for 7pm puck drop, remembering the skating and daydreaming of your childhood on the pond, all the reasons hockey defines a part of who you are, that nobody else understands except these guys on this messageboard. That's why I watch hockey, at least. That's why I don't feel bad when my team wins games.

Someday soon we'll be watching a deep playoff run, Nikita blasting home an overtime point shot, that becomes the newest extention in the youtube videos of May Day, Legion of Doom, goes around Alfredsson cuts in fron-SCOOOOORES, that we watch with a tear in our eye, and we'll laugh at the worry these wins in December of 14 caused us.Yeah. I don't think playoffs has any reasonable shot this year. But I want them to lose games about as much as the players do.

Weakening......must........re.....sist..........this........force..........of ................optimism.

Is there really a chance this is the Bad News Bears?

GO SABRES!!!

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.