GDT: Kings at Sabres, 12/9/14, 7:30 pm, NBCSN

nfreeman

This team improved dramatically when two things happened:

1. Nolan put Zadorov in the lineup and paired him with Risto

2. Nolan put together one scoring line by moving Ennis from center to RW (Moulson - Girgs - Ennis)

We have two good defensive pairs and one good scoring line. And, a pretty good checking line (Deslauriers - CodyMac - Kaleta). The other forwards and the 5th through 8th defensemen are basically replaceable.

All this and when they stuck up for each other in St. Louis. That had a galvanizing effect on this team. Contrast that to the response to Lucic in Boston when he ran Miller.

How awesome is it that our best defensive pair are 20 and 19 years old? And they are legitimately good!

We need the offensive centerpiece inkman refers to.

GO BILLS!!!

I didn't think of it as a particularly boring game...I don't know why Hamilton keeps saying that. It wasn't flash and dash, but it wasn't boring, either. I find the tension and give and take interesting to watch.

Yes. Very entertaining from the tension/battle perspective.

A truth about this Sabres team that doesn't get enough posting: they hit.

Seventeen hits in the first period alone. In the latter days of Darcy's Darlings we'd need six or seven periods to reach that total.

And this was against the Stanley Cup champion LA Kings, hockey's heaviest team.

How long have we been waiting for a team that finished its checks?

Teddy is starting to make his mark.

And this is starting to become a team I can root for.

PS: Maybe Zadorov's best NHL game.

Edited by dudacek

I didn't think of it as a particularly boring game...I don't know why Hamilton keeps saying that. It wasn't flash and dash, but it wasn't boring, either. I find the tension and give and take interesting to watch.

I thought it was fun to watch too. Wasn't what you'd expect from a 1-0 game. Paul can't go one game without saying something negative about the Sabres. If that's the best he can come up with, then they played a good game.

Edited by JJFIVEOH

I thought it was fun to watch too. Wasn't what you'd expect from a 1-0 game. Paul can't go one game without saying something negative about the Sabres. If that's the best he can come up with, then they played a good game.

Being negative is a "thing" with all Buffalo sports media. Good forbid you think our teams ever do anything well.

Forgive me for stating the obvious, but that was a helluva performance by Enroth.

As for whether the game was boring: I appreciated the tension, the bend-but-don't-break D and the killer goaltending but the Sabres didn't generate nearly enough offense. There wasn't enough pressure on the forecheck -- which there has been in a number of recent games. I suppose the Kings had plenty to do with that though.

They really could use about 5 good forwards.

Great game by Ennis.

The game gets exciting offensively basically any time the D go deep into the opponents zone. Myers and Risto seem to lead the charge in this regard and I'm up outa my seat each time. The excitement level when the forwards try to bring it in just doesn't seem to get there. Except maybe Ennis or Girgs.

Great game by Ennis.

I think Ennis and Girgs have the same mindset when it comes to offense. When it's time to score, nothing's going to stop them. They're starting to work together to the point that it's seamless/intuitive for them. Moulson is okay on the line, but I don't seem him as in the same zone as those two.

The game gets exciting offensively basically any time the D go deep into the opponents zone. Myers and Risto seem to lead the charge in this regard and I'm up outa my seat each time. The excitement level when the forwards try to bring it in just doesn't seem to get there. Except maybe Ennis or Girgs.

And it's great to those two D men threatening offensively. Reminds me of Brian Campbell's breakout season.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.