Random Hockey Trivia

shrader

How about this one since six was the number of choice. Six Sabre head coaches actually played for the team. Can you name them?

Floyd Smith, Jim Schoenfeld, Craig Ramsay, Rick Dudley, Lindy Ruff. Andddd, erg, who took over when Bowman was fired?

I see Taro in my soup on a daily basis. Bastage. :)

Detroit, Hartford(NHL & WHA), Houston (WHA)

He said 'professional' which means he's looking for the name of the California Penal League :) team he played a couple of shifts for to stretch his 'most decades playing pro hockey' record. One of the very few he was able to keep Gretzky from taking.

He said 'professional' which means he's looking for the name of the California Penal League :) team he played a couple of shifts for to stretch his 'most decades playing pro hockey' record. One of the very few he was able to keep Gretzky from taking.

Trick question!!!!! I'll have to google the CPL. Really? This makes me chuckle.

All right, Taro, you've had us guessing long enough!

Sheesh, some people get stuck in a snowbank for a couple of days and become impatient. :P

The reason the Snarks won that particular game was it was Thornton's 1st as a Snark.

The team was through the roof w/ energy that night and even having Dom between the pipes probably couldn't have staved off the onslaught. It was very similar to the 1st game the Sabres played w/ Patty against the Whalers. Emotional intensity; tough to be on the other side in those.

17 players drafted by the Buffalo Sabres have their name engraved on the cup. One player was first signed as an undrafted free agent by the Sabres before winning a cup elsewhere, to make 18. Of the 18, 4 did not make the requirements to be engraved on the cup, but were engraved anyway. additionally 2 more (so we are at 20) played for the cup winning team that season, but were not included on the cup.

I think this should be a group effort, since it's very difficult.

17 players drafted by the Buffalo Sabres have their name engraved on the cup. One player was first signed as an undrafted free agent by the Sabres before winning a cup elsewhere, to make 18. Of the 18, 4 did not make the requirements to be engraved on the cup, but were engraved anyway. additionally 2 more (so we are at 20) played for the cup winning team that season, but were not included on the cup.

I think this should be a group effort, since it's very difficult.

Pretty sure I've got ~1/2 of them. Too early in the morning to come up w/ the rest.

Lacombe, Barrasso, Andreychuk, Mogilny, Paille, Sarich, Boucher, May, Plante, Gare, Haller

Edited by Taro T

I missed one that Taro named, so add one to all the totals

Lacombe, Normand – Edmonton 1988 {1}

Barrasso, Tom – Pittsburgh 1991–92 {2}

Andreychuk, Dave – Tampa Bay 2004 {1}

Mogilny, Alexander – New Jersey 2000 {1}

Paille, Daniel – Boston 2011 {1}

Sarich, Cory – Tampa Bay 2004 {1}

Boucher, Phiippe – Pittsburgh 2009 {1}

May, Brad – Anaheim 2007 {1}

Plante, Derek – Dallas 1999 {1} – 1999 – played 17 games for Chicago, and 16 games for Dallas, did not qualify, engraved on cup.

Haller, Kevin – Montreal 1993 {1}

Danny Gare did not win a cup

Great stuff. This is the kind of thing I had in mind. I'll try to add to the previous list. I'm mostly thinking out loud on this one.

I'm assuming Brayden McNabb didn't get his name on anything last year.

Brian Campbell with Chicago

Sean O'Donnell was around for the Ducks' cup, right?

Krupp with with that game winner for Colorado

He is only talking about players drafted or signed as undrafted free agents not players acquired via trades

Whoops. Too early in the morn for me!

I am guessing...

Cloutier won as a coach, right?

Benoit Hogue with Dallas.

Ken Priestlay HAD to have won one with the Pens.

Jim Wiemer???

Phillipe Boucher.

John Cullen???

Edited by Andrew Amerk

Twelve men have done play by play for the Buffalo Sabres over the years. Name them.

Hodge, Darling, Jeanneret, Gurtler, Hamilton, Sylvester, the other Jennearet, Dunleavy

I can only come up w/ seven. I know there at least one more at the tips of my fingers.

EDIT: Got it. Now I'm up to eight. That's going to be it for me, though.

Edited by Eleven

Hodge, Darling, Jeanneret, Gurtler, Hamilton, Sylvester, the other Jennearet, Dunleavy

I can only come up w/ seven. I know there at least one more at the tips of my fingers.

EDIT: Got it. Now I'm up to eight. That's going to be it for me, though.

It's a tough one. I'd almost accept a word picture of a few — that guy from **** who did that one game and sounded like ****. I had to Google one of the names.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.