Current Carrion Hockey League Standings

Taro T

So we're shooting for a Sabres win in regulation, a Canes OT loss, and an Oilers OT loss.... Sabres would pickup 2 points, while ARI/NJ pickup a single point, and EDM/CAR stay put.

Yep. No OT tonight for the boys. A clean 2 would be, as Billy Fuscillo loves to say, HUUUUUGE. (Sorry about the plagerism, FP. Great minds, or something like that. ;))

gotta lose tonight... tonight is HUGE

If they don't end up with one of the big two after all this it is REALLY REALLY going to suck essentially not having hockey for a couple years

Sadly it looks like the Sabres are in trouble in this one, as the Red Wings are down to their 3rd goalie

Detroit is 13-0-1 (nhl stats) in their last 14 in Detroit vs Sabres. Regardless of the goalie, the Sabres (even in good years) rarely matchup well w/ the Wings. So it has the makings for a good night in the CHL. (Of course, Sunday started out well for the Bills, and we know how that worked out.)

Detroit is 13-0-1 (nhl stats) in their last 14 in Detroit vs Sabres. Regardless of the goalie, the Sabres (even in good years) rarely matchup well w/ the Wings. So it has the makings for a good night in the CHL. (Of course, Sunday started out well for the Bills, and we know how that worked out.)

It helps that Buffalo is essentially dressing an AHL lineup... missing Myers, Moulson, Gionta, Foligno, Mitchell and Weber (also Strachan and McCormick but I consider them AHL caliber).

Should be interesting to watch the young guns tho.

It helps that Buffalo is essentially dressing an AHL lineup... missing Myers, Moulson, Gionta, Foligno, Mitchell and Weber (also Strachan and McCormick but I consider them AHL caliber).

Should be interesting to watch the young guns tho.

Both should be correct.

Great win tonight boys. We looked like we were going to lose early, but our play came back to bite us. Carolina lose tonight and Arizona is likely to lose (yikes Edmonton). Overall, a solid night in the CHL for the Sabres.

Also, Colorado getting blown out, the Devils getting 1 point, and the Islanders winning. A great night. Now, about Edmonton...

Current standings through games played 12/22.

Team ----- GP - L - W - OT - PTS

Edmonton 35 21 7 7 49

Carolina 34 20 10 4 44

Buffalo 35 19 13 3 41

New Jersey 36 17 12 7 41

Arizona 34 18 12 4 40

Columbus 33 16 14 3 35

Colorado 34 13 13 8 34

Philadelphia 34 14 14 6 34

Ottawa 34 14 14 6 34

Dallas 33 14 14 5 33

No games until Saturday the 27th. Only team not in action that day is the Kittens.

Heading into the break in third is a nice win after the losing streak.

I still contend that it's too early to gauge the trends. We really won't know how this is likely to sort itself out until the trade deadline.

If we want to be much more certain, sure. But trying to make an accurate prediction ahead of time and being able to do a post mortem on why it was good/bad is part of the fun to me :)

Sabres meet Reality. Reality, Sabres. Edmonton may seem like an unstoppable juggernaut, but they're going to lose some games eventually. Shame on everyone who jumped ship early!

Yep. The Eulers won't run the table. They're due for some downtime. Hopefully, it'll be enough.

Read on CBS Sports today... Tyler Myers has the league worst on-ice Corsi rating of -33.02.. Tyler doing his best as Tank Commander of the Sabres.

Likely has a lot to do with playing the other teams' top lines.

And starting in the defensive zone the vast majority of the time. I hate reading about people using statistics without any context whatsoever.

http://war-on-ice.com/playertable.html?mansit=2&scoresit=1&homeawaysit=1&shotattsit=&names=&team=BUF&pos=6&xaxis=41&yaxis=70&caxis=31&saxis=77&mintoi=0&panel=&usedaterange=0&start0=20142015&end0=20142015&start1=2014-10-01&end1=2014-12-25&splitseasons=0

And starting in the defensive zone the vast majority of the time. I hate reading about people using statistics without any context whatsoever.

http://war-on-ice.co...&splitseasons=0

I hate people who complain about people using innocuous statistics in a thread dedicated to losing on an anonymous message board. :P

Edited by wjag