Current Carrion Hockey League Standings

Taro T

According to Darren Dreger the new Coyotes Owners are serious contenders for the CHL Championship

New ownership will visit with Coyotes in next few weeks "and they want a long-term, directive plan from Don Maloney." If Maloney is not on board for going after McDavid-Eichel, "he might feel the heat." Darcy Regier and Sean Burke could be internal candidates

If McDavid ends up in the desert with Regier, that is definitive proof the hockey gods hate Buffalo

Regier... We're in good hands.

No worries; the meaning behind IHL Roadrunners and Suuupra-Geniuses were both lost on me. :blush:

IHL Roadrunners - the old International Hockey League (essentially equivalent to the AHL but more liberal limits on veteran players) had a team in Phoenix - the Roadrunners. When the Jets moved to Phoenix from the Great White North they were renamed the Coyotes. The Coyotes essentially chased the Roadrunners out of the desert.

Interestingly enough, the guy that oversaw the Muckler - Nolan debacle, and b&r unis, and idiotic seating pricing (well, this is what we did in MSG; well, d-bag, this ain't NYC) was running the IHL when it folded.

What about a relegation approach every ten games or so. This will allow the truly worthy to play there way in and relegate the imposters to obscurity until they re-examine their commitment to the Shart.

That's essentially what we're doing; just we're gonna go from 8 to 10 this 1st time and then we'll hold steady at 10 unless/until 2 teams show they really don't belong and then we can contract. I'll bump 2 in in the next day or 2 and we'll relook at it after everybody's played 20.

Current standings through games played 11/5.

Team ----- GP - L - W - OT - PTS

Buffalo 14 9 3 2 20

Colorado 14 6 3 5 17

Columbus 12 8 4 0 16

Edmonton 13 7 4 1 15

Carolina 11 6 3 2 14

Arizona 12 6 5 1 13

Winnipeg 13 5 7 1 11

Calgary 14 4 8 2 10

NY I 12 5 7 0 10

Florida 10 2 4 4 8

Tough night for the good guys. Of 4 points worth of Sabres controlled picks, Sabres only get 1. Still, not all was lost as Sabres did manage a point to be 1st in race to 20.

We also bring the addition of 2 new squads to the CHL - the Avs and Jackets.

Busy night tonight as 6 charter CHL members in action, the Avs are also in action.

Current standings through games played 11/5.

Team ----- GP - L - W - OT - PTS

Buffalo 14 9 3 2 20

Colorado 14 6 3 5 17

Columbus 12 8 4 0 16

Edmonton 13 7 4 1 15

Carolina 11 6 3 2 14

Arizona 12 6 5 1 13

Winnipeg 13 5 7 1 11

Calgary 14 4 8 2 10

NY I 12 5 7 0 10

Florida 10 2 4 4 8

Tough night for the good guys. Of 4 points worth of Sabres controlled picks, Sabres only get 1. Still, not all was lost as Sabres did manage a point to be 1st in race to 20.

We also bring the addition of 2 new squads to the CHL - the Avs and Jackets.

Busy night tonight as 6 charter CHL members in action, the Avs are also in action.

With those additions, competition is hard, and straining for the Shart has never been more intense.

Edited by X. Benedict

anyone else ONLY allowing themselves to think about Eichel? there is too much Buffalo in me to allow myself to think we're going to beat a 1 in 5 chance. I say he winds up in Canada.

...which might be fun...since none of the Canadian teams on that list are in our conference.

anyone else ONLY allowing themselves to think about Eichel? there is too much Buffalo in me to allow myself to think we're going to beat a 1 in 5 chance. I say he winds up in Canada.

...which might be fun...since none of the Canadian teams on that list are in our conference.

Strive for the 20% and ye shall be rewarded. The collective CHL also rans are the enemy of the the Shart winner, still we must trust in the way of the Carrion. #believe

An Eichel bobble-head is what should really be on the Shart. That's the most likely outcome.

IHL Roadrunners - the old International Hockey League (essentially equivalent to the AHL but more liberal limits on veteran players) had a team in Phoenix - the Roadrunners. When the Jets moved to Phoenix from the Great White North they were renamed the Coyotes. The Coyotes essentially chased the Roadrunners out of the desert.

Interestingly enough, the guy that oversaw the Muckler - Nolan debacle, and b&r unis, and idiotic seating pricing (well, this is what we did in MSG; well, d-bag, this ain't NYC) was running the IHL when it folded.

Ah, okay... thanks for the info.

Stoopid Anahiem virus.

Oh yeah, that... howinthehell did none of our guys get sick??

ZrNA8uE.jpg

Whoa.

Now that everybody's played 10+, time to reevaluate the league membership itself.

I'm leaning towards expanding by 2 teams - Cowawado & Coewumbus. Though Calgawwy seems to be in danger of losing their charter, I'd prefer to keep an even # of franchises and nobody else has really played themselves out yet.

Thoughts?

Is no one else worried that the sudden influx of talent might ruin the quality of the CHL?

Given the current standings, the eight members of the CHL would be:

Buffalo Sob-rays (permanent member)

Columbus Boo-Jackets

Carolina Toilet bowls

Washington Crapitals

NYI Garth's Goobers (permanent member)

Arizona Desert Dogs

Colorado Light Dusting

Edmonton Euhlers

I don't think Carolina Toilet Bowls really rolls off the tongue. Carolina Flush has a nice ring to it, plus it almost sounds like a legitimate ECHL team name. That being said, Candy Canes is great too.