Current Carrion Hockey League Standings

Taro T

We could, but a few people here liked the idea of following a Septic Six down the back stretch, so we ran w/ it. The bottom 3 are only on pace for 91-93 points, so they'd have to have an extraordinary run of the runs to challenge and should realistically be all but eliminated by weeks end though they won't be gone mathematically for another week or so after that.

I think the septic six was a cool idea.  I wouldn't mind taking them off the list when eliminated but as you mentioned that probably wouldn't be until pretty late in the year.  Whatever you want is fine.  I appreciate the work you have put into making this a fun thread Taro.

We could, but a few people here liked the idea of following a Septic Six down the back stretch, so we ran w/ it. The bottom 3 are only on pace for 91-93 points, so they'd have to have an extraordinary run of the runs to challenge and should realistically be all but eliminated by weeks end though they won't be gone mathematically for another week or so after that.

I think the septic six was a cool idea.  I wouldn't mind taking them off the list when eliminated but as you mentioned that probably wouldn't be until pretty late in the year.  Whatever you want is fine.  I appreciate the work you have put into making this a fun thread Taro.

I think I coined "Septic Six" to mirror the "Original Six". But, I'm not the one pulling in the data and doing the work, so if it's easier to drop to fewer, then don't let a name get in the way. FUBAR FIVE, F'N FOUR, THROWING GAMES THREE, TWO HAPPY TWO LOSE, or ONEROUS ONE, it's all good.

I think I coined "Septic Six" to mirror the "Original Six". But, I'm not the one pulling in the data and doing the work, so if it's easier to drop to fewer, then don't let a name get in the way. FUBAR FIVE, F'N FOUR, THROWING GAMES THREE, TWO HAPPY TWO LOSE, or ONEROUS ONE, it's all good.

Pretty sure you are correct about that. It's a great name. :thumbsup:

Now that we're down to 6, it's pretty much just as easy to track 6 as it is 3-4.

Figure when the NHL playoffs are going we can figure out all the award winners here in the CHL. I'd expect the Sabres to be VERY well represented. ;)

Magic Numbers for games played through 3/10 (32 days left in the regular season)

San Jose - 1
Florida, Dallas - 4
Colorado, Ottawa - 5
Philadelphia - 7
New Jersey - 10
Columbus - 16
Toronto, Carolina - 18
Arizona - 26
Edmonton - 29

Nashville, Montreal, NY Islanders, Anaheim, NY Rangers, Tampa Bay, Detroit, St Louis, Pittsburgh, Chicago, Washington, Minnesota, Vancouver, Calgary, Winnipeg, Los Angeles, Boston - Clinched

Nobody clinched today. San Jose can clinch tomorrow.

Legitimate question (at least I think it is) on a dull night. If we don't win the sweepstakes is Marner (sp?) really that much of a worse prospect then Eichel? McDavid seems to be well ahead of everyone but if we don't get that first or second pick how much should we panic? I would not draft that defenseman who is supposed to be the third best player because I don't think we need another D - we seem to find those. Our problem for many years has been scoring. Plus all D makes for boring games. But that Marner seems to be playing very well and I wonder if it is really that terrible we end up with him instead of Eichel? Maybe we don't have to be all in on the tank?

I am more familiar with drafting in the NFL and NBA and it seems like it is often a guess anyway. The consensus best players don't always end up performing that way and you never know who will be more committed at the pro level.

Legitimate question (at least I think it is) on a dull night. If we don't win the sweepstakes is Marner (sp?) really that much of a worse prospect then Eichel? McDavid seems to be well ahead of everyone but if we don't get that first or second pick how much should we panic? I would not draft that defenseman who is supposed to be the third best player because I don't think we need another D - we seem to find those. Our problem for many years has been scoring. Plus all D makes for boring games. But that Marner seems to be playing very well and I wonder if it is really that terrible we end up with him instead of Eichel? Maybe we don't have to be all in on the tank?

I am more familiar with drafting in the NFL and NBA and it seems like it is often a guess anyway. The consensus best players don't always end up performing that way and you never know who will be more committed at the pro level.

Marner vs Eichel: Yes, Marner is that much worse than Eichel (however you want to define "that much" short of Marner being a paraplegic to Eichel's Goliath).

Current standings through games played 3/10.

Team         GP  L  W OT PT MPP PR RPTC CPM

Buffalo      66 42 19  5 89 121 32 29   18.7

Edmonton     67 38 18 11 87 117 30 31   14.0

Arizona      67 38 21  8 84 114 30 34   12.4

Toronto      67 35 26  6 76 106 30 42    8.6

Carolina     65 32 25  8 72 106 34 46    8.0

Columbus     66 34 28  4 70 102 32 48    8.5

CPM = per sportsclubstats.com and lottery weighting - last updated 3/10 in AM

Classic 1 pointer in left turn land last night. Sabres at Loafs only CHL action Wednesday. Sabres picking up 2 in regulation would be HUUUUUUUGGE. They appear to be the best of the worst; they need to keep that rolling. (Good Lord, this season needs to end soon; this is necessary but wrong on soooooo many levels.)

Edited by Taro T

Classic 1 pointer in left turn land last night. Sabres at Loafs only CHL action Wednesday. Sabres picking up 2 in regulation would be HUUUUUUUGGE. They appear to be the best of the worst; they need to keep that rolling. (Good Lord, this season needs to end soon; this is necessary but wrong on soooooo many levels.)

This season has been a crucible. I think I've changed my stance  on euthanasia 4 times this season.

This morning, I caught myself thinking "huge game tonight, huge game tonight.  Gotta lose."  This season definitely needs to end soon, for my sanity's sake.  I never want another season like this one.  I'll look back on it with some fondness if we land McEichel, but even so, I hope I never find myself cheering against the Sabres ever again.  Also hope we never suck this hard ever again, obviously.

Team GP L W OT PT MPP PR RPTC CPM

Buffalo 66 42 19 5 89 121 32 29 18.7

Edmonton 67 38 18 11 87 117 30 31 14.0

Arizona 67 38 21 8 84 114 30 34 12.4

Toronto 67 35 26 6 76 106 30 42 8.6

Carolina 65 32 25 8 72 106 34 46 8.0

Columbus 66 34 28 4 70 102 32 48 8.5

CPM = per sportsclubstats.com and lottery weighting - last updated 3/10 in AM

Yeah it is time. 16 games feels like an eternity right now.

Wager for charity?

I'll pass, mainly because that real chance can fluctuate pretty wildly based on a lot of things that haven't happened yet; What I mean is, even with McEichel and a good offseason there will be a chance that isn't insignificant that we finish bottom ten, and we are by no means guaranteed McEichel or a good offseason yet.

I think there's a very real chance we are bottom ten in the league again next year.

Maybe, but it won't be nearly as pathetic. Bottom 10 right now, the majority of those teams are .500 teams or so, and some of them still have a shot at the playoffs. I don't think that's too shabby of a turnaround in one year

I'll pass, mainly because that real chance can fluctuate pretty wildly based on a lot of things that haven't happened yet; What I mean is, even with McEichel and a good offseason there will be a chance that isn't insignificant that we finish bottom ten, and we are by no means guaranteed McEichel or a good offseason yet.

"###### charity" -Randall Flagg

:nana:

Edited by WildComrade

I think there's a very real chance we are bottom ten in the league again next year.

With McEichel I would be surprised.  Without, I'd be surprised if we weren't.

Yeah it is time. 16 games feels like an eternity right now.

One more month.  Thank God, one more month.  We can do this.

Maybe, but it won't be nearly as pathetic. Bottom 10 right now, the majority of those teams are .500 teams or so, and some of them still have a shot at the playoffs. I don't think that's too shabby of a turnaround in one year

"###### charity" -Randall Flagg

:nana:

I agree, even if it is bad I will enjoy it a lot more because all of the focus will be on winning games and getting better; and I think they could push for a playoff spot if things go really well between now and then, I just am too cautious to expect to be out of the bottom ten.

:P I do donate when I can afford it, just don't want to make that bet until next year's team comes into better focus!

Have to be honest... I'm not having much fun anymore. This thread was easily the best part of this season. It gave something to look to and root for. The games actually became somewhat fun when we all figured a way to cheer... But it's catching up now. Just get it over with. This was the right thing to do from the very beginning, and I will always stand by that, but let's finish it off.

As someone who inseminated Laura San Giacomo without the courtesy of putting a bag over her head, I'd have expected you to be ballsier.

With or without McEichel I think we are all but guaranteed to be a bottom 10 team again next year.

So I'll take that bet..

Ok. $50 to the winner's choice of charity? (Or is $50 not enough for a bet that wont pay off for 13 months?)

Serious question fellow CHL fans...how many of you still actually watch the games in their semi-entirety?  I think I've watched maybe a total of the equivalent of three or four games this year, heck even the two games I actually attended I probably only watched a period of action since I was in a suite.  If you're still punishing yourself by watching then I can see how you'd be weary at this point, but I'm still mentally strong for the CHL stretch run.  On to the shart!