Current Carrion Hockey League Standings

Taro T

Neuvirth singlehandidly robs the Sabres of a precious point against the worst team in the league. What an .

I figured things would tighten up at the top of the standings in Feb.

However with only 5 home games over the next 5 weeks, and the trade deadline looming, they should find themselves at the top of the CHL for the final week of the season.

I've always thought the tank a sure-fire thing; given the stats and Buffalo's overwhelming stash of unused Karma. Not sure why but your post made me think of life without McEichel...

you-make-me-sad.gif

Sorry Wild. The Tank absolutely should be a sure thing, but Hutton is the 28th backup goaltender the Sabres have faced in sixty games. Without Enroth and now Neuvirth this would have been over a long time ago. The Sabres still cannot score but Neuvirth has had over a .950 Save Percentage since Enroth left. Nolan has already declared he will ride this horse as long as possible. Analytics proved they did not belong on the same ice as the Preds and yet they escaped with a point. I guess it's years of conditioning as a Buffalo Sports Fan coming through. As long as True Blue, PI 2000 and others keep saying it's going to be alright I will keep the faith.

Sorry Wild. The Tank absolutely should be a sure thing, but Hutton is the 28th backup goaltender the Sabres have faced in sixty games. Without Enroth and now Neuvirth this would have been over a long time ago. The Sabres still cannot score but Neuvirth has had over a .950 Save Percentage since Enroth left. Nolan has already declared he will ride this horse as long as possible. Analytics proved they did not belong on the same ice as the Preds and yet they escaped with a point. I guess it's years of conditioning as a Buffalo Sports Fan coming through. As long as True Blue, PI 2000 and others keep saying it's going to be alright I will keep the faith.

Trueblue has brought me back from the edge on a few occasions now.

Only a brief moment of relapse there as I fell off the tank. Quickly climbed back though, we will win the Shart!

The wild card has to be GMTM.  He designed this team to finish 30th and I believe he will move Neuvirth to a team that will not resign him and attempt to resign him July 1st if Neuvy wants to return.  I have a feeling we will see a heavy dose of Lindback and Hackett going forward. 

Really? I thought he did an amazing job of designing the team this year of assuring 30th place.

Agreed. He was even aggressive in free agency in getting vet players on the downside of their careers. It looked like improvement but was really filling roles so that we don't ice a team of all 20 yr olds

Magic Numbers for games played through 2/22

Nashville - Clinched

Anaheim, Montreal, Tampa Bay - 3
St. Louis, NY Islanders - 4

NY Rangers - 5

Pittsburgh - 7

Washington, Detroit - 8
Chicago - 9
Winnipeg, Vancouver - 13

Minnesota - 15
Calgary, San Jose, Los Angeles - 16
Boston - 17