Current Carrion Hockey League Standings

Taro T

Maybe time to add a "possible points" column? That'll help round out everything else.

When we've hit the 1/2 way point I'll add that and 60-64 games in I'll add points to clinch. Too much of a pain in the bippy to add either this early.

Edited by Taro T

Two chl teams who have gone ice cold lately on the docket tonight. The flames have been terrible early on in the season and Carolina has gained one point over their last five games.

Looks like a 1 pointer on paper, but that's why they play the games - you never know.

I think the Islanders and Blues should be permanent additions to the standings - even if they win their way out of contention - just so we can see how close they are to being additional lottery picks.

Maybe their absence is enough to say how close we aren't.

I think the Islanders and Blues should be permanent additions to the standings - even if they win their way out of contention - just so we can see how close they are to being additional lottery picks.

While it's an interesting idea, I can't justify updating St. Louis' stats 68 more times when there is no reasonable expectation they're Carrion quality. They've had several injuries and still only have 9 points through 14 games.

Maybe we start tracking them down the stretch if there's a reasonable possibility they miss the playoffs though they might not be true Carrion material.

Edited by Taro T

While it's an interesting idea, I can't justify updating St. Louis' stats 68 more times when there is no reasonable expectation they're Carrion quality. They've had several injuries and still only have 9 points through 14 games.

Maybe we start tracking them down the stretch if there's a reasonable possibility they miss the playoffs though they might not be true Carrion material.

Fair enough. A monthly (or so) update on their status might be nice, but may be better suited in a "Who's gonna be in the lottery?" thread, since the Carrion Hockey League seems to aiming lower than that.

Fair enough. A monthly (or so) update on their status might be nice, but may be better suited in a "Who's gonna be in the lottery?" thread, since the Carrion Hockey League seems to aiming lower than that.

Ohhhhh yes. We are aiming muuucch higher than simply getting a lottery pick w/ this league. ;)

FYI, the Blues are 2 points outside the lottery right now because SJ would get the last NHL playoff spot. They're 5 points outside the lottery (only 14 games in) w/in their own division. Doubtful they end up in the lottery; almost INCONCEIVABLE they end up a CHL contender.

Ohhhhh yes. We are aiming muuucch higher than simply getting a lottery pick w/ this league. ;)

FYI, the Blues are 2 points outside the lottery right now because SJ would get the last NHL playoff spot. They're 5 points outside the lottery (only 14 games in) w/in their own division. Doubtful they end up in the lottery; almost INCONCEIVABLE they end up a CHL contender.

I just think it would be a great ending to a superb season if after we hoist the Shart above our shoulders, the Blues, with the last lottery spot, win it and bump our pick to #2 ('cuz we have to get shafted in some fashion). Would that be something!

I just think it would be a great ending to a superb season if after we hoist the Shart above our shoulders, the Blues, with the last lottery spot, win it and bump our pick to #2 ('cuz we have to get shafted in some fashion). Would that be something!

My ultimate scenario is close to that. In mine, the Isles steal the trophy on the last day and the rest plays out as you described. Easy as 1,2,3. ;)

Current standings through games played 11/10.

Team ----- GP - L - W - OT - PTS

Buffalo 16 11 3 2 24

Colorado 16 7 4 5 19

Columbus 14 9 4 1 19

Edmonton 15 8 6 1 17

Carolina 14 6 5 3 15

Arizona 14 7 6 1 15

Calgary 17 6 9 2 14

Winnipeg 15 5 8 2 12

Florida 12 4 4 4 12

NY I 14 5 9 0 10

8 squads in action tomorrow including a big one from the Sabres perspective - Colorado on the Island. Columbus in Washington also - hopefully the BJs give some ground.

Buffalo 16 11 3 2 24

Colorado 16 7 4 5 19

Columbus 14 9 4 1 19

Edmonton 15 8 6 1 17

Carolina 14 6 5 3 15

Arizona 14 7 6 1 15

Calgary 17 6 9 2 14

Winnipeg 15 5 8 2 12

Florida 12 4 4 4 12

NY I 14 5 9 0 10

8 squads in action tomorrow including a big one from the Sabres perspective - Colorado on the Island. Columbus in Washington also - hopefully the BJs give some ground.

Thanks for taking the time to write these updates taro, I look forward to them Hahahha.

Strange scheduling anomaly that Florida has only played 12 games so far.

Thanks for taking the time to write these updates taro, I look forward to them Hahahha.

Strange scheduling anomaly that Florida has only played 12 games so far.

They were the ones holding up the reshuffle because it took so long for them to get to 10. Haven't checked when they hit 20, but they'll probably be holding up the next 1 as well.

Buffalo 16 11 3 2 24

Colorado 16 7 4 5 19

Columbus 14 9 4 1 19

Edmonton 15 8 6 1 17

Carolina 14 6 5 3 15

Arizona 14 7 6 1 15

Calgary 17 6 9 2 14

Winnipeg 15 5 8 2 12

Florida 12 4 4 4 12

NY I 14 5 9 0 10

Those double digit wins sure do look great right now. It definitely shows a little separation.

If you shave your eyebrows off do they grow back in thicker and darker?

Does antiperspirant work only on the pits?

Would you date a torso?

Just a torso? hmmmm.....are we talking a bottomless, armless, and headless Venus de Milo.?

Or a bottomless, arm-less, and headless something else, with a great personality?

When does Columbus start getting some bodies back? I am assuming Colorado will separate enough in due time....too much talent there.

Here is answer for the Jackets - they should separate pretty soon as well with their best coming back within a week or so....

http://espn.go.com/nhl/story/_/id/11790182/hurting-columbus-blue-jackets-lose-mark-letestu-james-wisniewski?ex_cid=espnapi_public

Edited by CallawaySabres