Trade speculation 2014-15

Hoss

Be careful what you ask for.  Toronto is a real threat to us getting McEichel.

Toronto, as of right now, has 25 games left.

If, IF, Toronto would get just 8 of the next 50 points (4 wins 21 losses) which would be very bad for them even...They would end up with 59 points.

For the Sabres to tie that number, they would have to get 24 points in the next 27 games.  They only have 35 points in the 55 they have played already, and that was with Enroth in net.

I really don't think the Sabres will get 24 points from now til the end of the year, and I think there is even less of a chance of the leafs only getting 8 for the rest of the season.  Is it possible? Yes, but very, VERY unlikely.

mjd1001, on 15 Feb 2015 - 2:15 PM, said:mjd1001, on 15 Feb 2015 - 2:15 PM, said:

Toronto, as of right now, has 25 games left.

If, IF, Toronto would get just 8 of the next 50 points (4 wins 21 losses) which would be very bad for them even...They would end up with 59 points.

For the Sabres to tie that number, they would have to get 24 points in the next 27 games.  They only have 35 points in the 55 they have played already, and that was with Enroth in net.

I really don't think the Sabres will get 24 points from now til the end of the year, and I think there is even less of a chance of the leafs only getting 8 for the rest of the season.  Is it possible? Yes, but very, VERY unlikely.

Thank you.  I much prefer this type of explanation rather than "virtually no chance" despite the obviousness of the reply. 

Edited by sizzlemeister

Thank you. I much prefer this type of explanation rather than "virtually no chance" despite the obviousness of the reply.

I prefer "Toronto is only 16 points ahead of us and has lost x of their last x. If they sell off x they are a real threat to catch us" to "Be careful what you wish for."

See? :p

I prefer "Toronto is only 16 points ahead of us and has lost x of their last x. If they sell off x they are a real threat to catch us" to "Be careful what you wish for."

See? :P

The LAST team I want to see winning the lottery is Toronto.  I suspect D4rk feels similar.  "Be careful what you wish for".  See?

You requested so I've avoided provoking you.  Don't be that guy.

Edited by weave

The LAST team I want to see winning the lottery is Toronto.  I suspect D4rk feels similar.  "Be careful what you wish for".  See?

I do, too. I've seen so many people saying that if not Buffalo then it should be Toronto for the sake of the rivalry. How about no. If not us then stick him in a hole in Arizona until that team gets moved to Seattle or whatever. Anybody but them.

You requested so I've avoided provoking you.  Don't be that guy.

I do, too. I've seen so many people saying that if not Buffalo then it should be Toronto for the sake of the rivalry. How about no. If not us then stick him in a hole in Arizona until that team gets moved to Seattle or whatever. Anybody but them.

My top choices for McEichel:

Buffalo

Ottawa

Toronto

I want to see these guys play against each other.  As often as possible.

Buffalo

Ottawa

Toronto

I rather see the other in the metro or west. I want them battling in the ECF of SCF.

I certainly don't want them knocking eachother out of the playoffs in the first round every year.

Edited by Glass Case Of Emotion

Buffalo

Ottawa

Toronto

I could take Ottawa or Columbus. Not Toronto. I would like to see them play each other, though. So I see your point.

If McDavid is going anywhere I want it in the East so he can faceoff against Crosby/Ovechkin/Stampkos. Eichel would fit well out West.

What is wrong with you?!?   :P

Why not go whole-hog and add Detroit and Boston to the list?

You should see a doctor about this.

Some reasons:

1.  I really liked the Ottawa-Buffalo rivalry and I want it rekindled.

2.  I'd really like the chance to get $400/seat from stupid Leaves fans.

3.  Boston, even if they do miss the playoffs.

4.  Detroit; they have had an embarrassment of riches and there's no real rivalry between them and the Sabres anyway.  In fact, they really just should go back to the conference they belong in.

Some reasons:

1.  I really liked the Ottawa-Buffalo rivalry and I want it rekindled.

2.  I'd really like the chance to get $400/seat from stupid Leaves fans.

3.  ###### Boston, even if they do miss the playoffs.

4.  ###### Detroit; they have had an embarrassment of riches and there's no real rivalry between them and the Sabres anyway.  In fact, they really just should go back to the conference they belong in.

My reasons:

1. Ottawa

2. Toronto

3. Boston

4. Detroit

If they're going anywhere but Buffalo, I want them in a franchise that needs help expanding its fanbase (i.e. Arizona).

My reasons:

1. ###### Ottawa

2. ###### Toronto

3. ###### Boston

4. ###### Detroit

If they're going anywhere but Buffalo, I want them in a franchise that needs help expanding its fanbase (i.e. Arizona).

You're good peeps.  That jackass eleven needs a lesson.   :P

My reasons:

1. ###### Ottawa

2. ###### Toronto

3. ###### Boston

4. ###### Detroit

I know your brother is out there, but seriously?  You'll see whichever one it is play a handful of times a year!

I know your brother is out there, but seriously?  You'll see whichever one it is play a handful of times a year!

Because it's not about ME; it's about what is good for the league in general.  Arizona desperately needs something to latch onto as they attempt to become a viable franchise (whether or not they end up relocating).  They almost had that and were denied the golden opportunity to build off their deepest post-season run when the following season was delayed and severely shortened by the last lockout.

(And I can watch them on tv wherever they play with GCL.)

Because it's not about ME; it's about what is good for the league in general.  Arizona desperately needs something to latch onto as they attempt to become a viable franchise (whether or not they end up relocating).  They almost had that and were denied the golden opportunity to build off their deepest post-season run when the following season was delayed and severely shortened by the last lockout.

Even if I had GCL, I'm not staying up until 1am to watch hockey games unless it's the Finals.

You'll hate me forever for saying this, but what's good for the league is to move teams out of Glendale and Sunrise and into communities where people care about hockey.

Even if I had GCL, I'm not staying up until 1am to watch hockey games unless it's the Finals.

You'll hate me forever for saying this, but what's good for the league is to move teams out of Glendale and Sunrise and into communities where people care about hockey.

The team needs to be viable for the league's best interests; obviously I would prefer they find a way to generate enough interest in the Phoenix area to keep them there, but if they relocate to Seattle or Vegas, they'll face the same difficulty building a fanbase without a star and/or winning record.

Because it's not about ME; it's about what is good for the league in general. Arizona desperately needs something to latch onto as they attempt to become a viable franchise (whether or not they end up relocating). They almost had that and were denied the golden opportunity to build off their deepest post-season run when the following season was delayed and severely shortened by the last lockout.

Screw what's good for the league. I could rattle off five things that would be good for the league that it neglects to do, so when it comes to where I want to see McDavid land, the league can suck it. McDavid, wherever he lands, is a gift to the fanbase from the hockey gods, and I want him to go to a faithful and deserving fanbase. Thats not Arizona. And it's not Toronto either, whose fans are among the most smug and arrogant on the world despite their franchise being utterly irrelevant on the ice for the vast majority of the last...20 years? 30? 40?

Screw what's good for the league. I could rattle off five things that would be good for the league that it neglects to do, so when it comes to where I want to see McDavid land, the league can suck it. McDavid, wherever he lands, is a gift to the fanbase from the hockey gods, and I want him to go to a faithful and deserving fanbase. Thats not Arizona. And it's not Toronto either, whose fans are among the most smug and arrogant on the world despite their franchise being utterly irrelevant on the ice for the vast majority of the last...20 years? 30? 40?

There are a lot of quality leaf fans, most of them can't afford to buy tickets for games and we only see suits at the game.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.