SabreSpace Fantasy Football League

Derrico

Unfortunately, I'm busy that week.  I'll autodraft if necessary, though, so don't change it if I'm the only problem.

I'm available any night the next week, though.  And, as an added bonus, we'd be drafting after the final preseason games, greatly reducing flukey last minute injuries going into the season.

Just a thought here, and it's outside the box, so if nobody likes it then no problem.  What if (starting next years draft) the team that wins the championship gets to choose which position they want to start in the draft the next year?  The runner up would get second choice etc., all the way down to the team that comes in last getting whichever of the 12 spots in the draft is left?  It would be the reverse tanking type of thing that hockey has.  This may encourage people to still make lineup changes etc. late in the season even if they're out of the playoffs.  It's not a huge incentive as it would still be a snake draft format but would probably give the slightest of advantages.  Thoughts?

I don't like this. The draft is random every year so there's no draft position to tank for.

There is one thing I absolutely despise and would like the league to vote on. Guys that lose a few games early and can't be bothered to manage their team later. I hate looking at match ups and seeing one team with 3/4 open slots because they have players on a bye or injured. This kind of thing has impacted who makes the playoffs in the past and if it happens in the future I'd like that teams owner to be banned from the league.

Unfortunately, I'm busy that week.  I'll autodraft if necessary, though, so don't change it if I'm the only problem.

I'm available any night the next week, though.  And, as an added bonus, we'd be drafting after the final preseason games, greatly reducing flukey last minute injuries going into the season.

How does Tuesday September 6th at 9pm work for everyone?

I don't like this. The draft is random every year so there's no draft position to tank for.

There is one thing I absolutely despise and would like the league to vote on. Guys that lose a few games early and can't be bothered to manage their team later. I hate looking at match ups and seeing one team with 3/4 open slots because they have players on a bye or injured. This kind of thing has impacted who makes the playoffs in the past and if it happens in the future I'd like that teams owner to be banned from the league.

I don't think this needs to go to a vote.  I've said from the beginning only to join the league if you are interested in maintaining your team all season long.  For the most part this league is actually quite good for that (better then a lot that I'm in).  However, every year there is a wait list to get in so this year I will start enforcing this.  If someone misses a week then life happens and I get that but even if you're out of the playoff picture please set a regular lineup.  I'm not asking to scour the waiver wire or spend more then 10 minutes a week making player changes to active guys. 

I won't have this problem though as I will be leading the way pole to pole.

All you youngins with your late draft time

Hahahhaha.  For me it's because of the even younger youngins.  Kids go down to bed around 8.  If we had it before it would be near impossible for me to concentrate.  Frankly I'm sick of losing so I need to be focused on this draft hahahahha.

Hahahhaha. For me it's because of the even younger youngins. Kids go down to bed around 8. If we had it before it would be near impossible for me to concentrate. Frankly I'm sick of losing so I need to be focused on this draft hahahahha.

My son doesn't go to sleep until 10:30! Lucky bastage! :Lol:

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.