SabreSpace Fantasy Football League

Derrico

With one week to go in the regular season I want to thank everyone for another fun year.  I will get this league up and running again next season with a slight rule change which will change the tiebreaker to points for.

Congrats on TrueBlue (defending Champion) for locking up the first overall seed and winning the Sabrespace FF President's Trophy.

Also, congrats to Bills12Sabres11 and JujuFish for making the playoffs.  Best of luck.

Hank is sitting at a win and he's in situation.  A loss and a win by either Ink or JJFiveOh and things could change.

Good luck in the playoffs!

Thanks for putting this together!

I need some help. In my other league I was leading the division and was #1 in points scored, before last week. I got neat by the last place team because Peterson, Landry and Gurley TOTALED 5 points.

Now I'm in a fight just to get to the playoffs even though I could still win the division. Rodgers/Cobb were big for me early on, now they suck. I'm still debating putting Rivers in for Rodgers. I also need to fill 2 WR spots and a flex spot with Cobb, Landry, Watkins, Robinson and Amendola. Robinson is a no-brainer. Who do I fill the other two spots with, and do I give up on Rodgers?

I need some help. In my other league I was leading the division and was #1 in points scored, before last week. I got neat by the last place team because Peterson, Landry and Gurley TOTALED 5 points.

Now I'm in a fight just to get to the playoffs even though I could still win the division. Rodgers/Cobb were big for me early on, now they suck. I'm still debating putting Rivers in for Rodgers. I also need to fill 2 WR spots and a flex spot with Cobb, Landry, Watkins, Robinson and Amendola. Robinson is a no-brainer. Who do I fill the other two spots with, and do I give up on Rodgers?

I'd go Rodgers, Sammie, Landry. Rodgers is gonna ball out

It's kind of nice not having to care about the outcome of my game today.  It's like a bye week.

Though it would be interesting if B12S11 and I both lose and Hank wins.  It'd be a 3-way tie and I'd have a win over Hank who has a win over B12S11 who has a win over me.  I don't know how the tiebreakers for seeding would play out in that scenario.

Rant from my big money fantasy league: it's a PPR league, and I lost Charles, Foster and Edelman to injury. Somehow, I still manage to get the #1 seed by winning the last week of the regular season--I was so happy, because the #3 seed is so much better than the #4, it was just a way better matchup. This week, I'll probably end up with 40 points more than the other two playoff teams, but the one I'm playing (the worst playoff team by a fair margin) is going to beat me on the backs of Danny Woodhead (4 TDs), Kirk Cousins (thanks Bills defense), and DeSean Jackson (nice coverage, Leodis). 

I have the best team despite losing 3 of my best players, and I'm going to lose to the worst team in the playoffs because of a situational running back and the Bills defense being being a garbage fire. Unreal. I don't want to hear anyone try to argue fantasy football isn't gambling.

Rant from my big money fantasy league: it's a PPR league, and I lost Charles, Foster and Edelman to injury. Somehow, I still manage to get the #1 seed by winning the last week of the regular season--I was so happy, because the #3 seed is so much better than the #4, it was just a way better matchup. This week, I'll probably end up with 40 points more than the other two playoff teams, but the one I'm playing (the worst playoff team by a fair margin) is going to beat me on the backs of Danny Woodhead (4 TDs), Kirk Cousins (thanks Bills defense), and DeSean Jackson (nice coverage, Leodis). 

I have the best team despite losing 3 of my best players, and I'm going to lose to the worst team in the playoffs because of a situational running back and the Bills defense being being a garbage fire. Unreal. I don't want to hear anyone try to argue fantasy football isn't gambling.

Pretty much sums up this league too, eh?

Fun fact. Only Whiskey and Wildcard's teams have scored fewer points than mine.

Fun fact number two. The other three playoff teams have scored over 250 points more than me.

I was the highest scoring team in my money league. Had a healthy roster. I just got beat by 5 points because my defense ended up with - 2 points and his ended up with 20. It didn't help that Rodgers, Cobb and Peterson all sucked ass yesterday. 

It is gambling, don't let anybody tell you picking a good defense isn't important. It cost me $$$. 

Edited by JJFIVEOH

Nice job JuJu good luck next week, u really kicked my ######in ass lol

Revenge for that 2 point loss.  :P

It's like I'm reading about my own league.  I finished with the #1 seed, highest points-for.  I go up against a team that started great, but finished with sub-50 points in 3 of the previous 5 weeks (39.36 last week).  I'm thinking I'm in for a great matchup.  I even finish with the second highest score this week.  Guess who got the highest?  Yep.  My opponent increased his score by almost 100 points over last week (138, non-PPR league).  I might've pulled off the victory anyway if Tyler Eifert hadn't gotten concussed last week.  But alas, crap production from the guy I started in his place, and TY Hilton and Adrian Peterson also let me down.  C'est la vie.

Good luck Hank. You have deprived me of my revenge, and for that you must pay. To the gridiron!

Were you the runner-up last year too?

I must have the worst fantasy roster to ever play in a championship game. Ranked eighth in scoring in a ten team league and my only two decent players missed multiple weeks. It's crazy.

I hope Cam goes down on the first play

Huh... There was supposed to be an emoticon after that last one, I guess they don't come through when posting on an iPhone.

Edited by Hank

Getting a little ahead of ourselves, are we? :P

Yeah, I lost in the championship last year.  This year, I'm going to either be the champion or halfway to pulling a Buffalo Bills.

If the league continues for that long, say at least 16 years or so, maybe someone can pull off the ultimate Buffalo Bills achievement by never even making the playoffs during that time period.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.