Front Office Changes, Including Rob Murphy Joining Sabres Scouting Staff from Ottawa

Brawndo

I can't say I'm concerned with GM TM's FO resembling the Ott'wa FO. It's inevitable that it would be so. Either Tim can do better than his uncle (sorry, d4rk), or he can't. I'm willing to trust and believe that he can.

I'm not too concerned either. I think we all have bosses in our chosen fields that we respect, but whose professional opinions differ than ours. Still, they're in charge now and we can do things differently when we are the boss. I'm sure TM never had the final say in Otawa, but he is a professional, so I trust him to make the best decisions for our team now.

I don't think Devine leaves right away or this coming summer unless he gets pushed out or gets a title demotion, and I don't think that'll happen.

Presume Devine has his own reasonable career interests. He either wants to keep his job or he wants to get promoted. So he either stays or he gets promoted to GM of another team. What are Devine's best chances to get hired? AFTER the demonstrated rebuild occurs, not during or immediately after the big draft. His resume will be most more impressive when the rebuild-by-draft that he has a large hand in is completed and shows signs of working, and he gets credit for immense drafting prowess. Not before.

Devine is now Director of Player Personel

See, ######, this is what I had some concern about. I don't know if this is a title demotion. It could be, but with Royce and Jakubowski taking Assistant General Manager spots, it's difficult to think that Devine would be demoted below those two. Therefore, it's conceivable that the Director of Player Personnel is a new, higher position.

Jim Benning's path was Amateur Scout-> Director of Amatuer Scouting-> Bruins' Assistant General Manager-> Canucks' General Manager.

Kevin Devine's path has been Assistant Amateur Scout-> Pro Scout-> Director of Amateur Scouting-> Assistant General Manager-> Director of Player Personnel.

Looking at the Senators' front office roster, Director of Player Personnel is the highest position under the General Manager. Looking at the Penguins' roster, it's akin to Head Scout.

See, ######, this is what I had some concern about. I don't know if this is a title demotion. It could be, but with Royce and Jakubowski taking Assistant General Manager spots, it's difficult to think that Devine would be demoted below those two. Therefore, it's conceivable that the Director of Player Personnel is a new, higher position.

Jim Benning's path was Amateur Scout-> Director of Amatuer Scouting-> Bruins' Assistant General Manager-> Canucks' General Manager.

Kevin Devine's path has been Assistant Amateur Scout-> Pro Scout-> Director of Amateur Scouting-> Assistant General Manager-> Director of Player Personnel.

Looking at the Senators' front office roster, Director of Player Personnel is the highest position under the General Manager. Looking at the Penguins' roster, it's akin to Head Scout.

Front office positions are just exploding. Some teams have 4 or more assistant GM's. There is no way to know the structure of each team's hierarchy unless the team lays it out and they have no reason to.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.