Front Office Changes, Including Rob Murphy Joining Sabres Scouting Staff from Ottawa

Brawndo

Rob Murphy from the Senators Scouting Staff, a long time target of Tim Murray, has joined the Sabres Scouting Staff. I wonder if he will fill an another Assistant GM role?

Steve Lloyd@TSNSteveLloyd 1h

As expected, hearing Rob Murphy has left the #Sens scouting staff to join Tim Murray in Buffalo.

Expand

Dave Davis@DaveDavisHockey 1h

Reports from Ottawa indicate scout Rob Murphy has left the Sens to join Tim Murray in Buffalo. Murray has wanted Murphy in BUF for awhile.

Bio:http://en.wikipedia....hy_(ice_hockey) [/font]

Edited by BRAWNDO

Rob Murphy? Isn't he the Syracuse coach who started the whole "Shut It Down" slogan when they won the Championship? Lol.

On a second thought...Kevin Dineen just signed on as an assistant for Chicago...I really liked the idea of him in Buffalo.

Any ideas as to why Ted Nolan has not brought in any assistants? Wouldn't that have been smart for development camp?

Seems really odd that we have not heard anything about it, maybe it's just me.

Have you confirmed it's the same Rob Murphy? :)

That's him in the picture and one of the Senator's Blogs posted that he changed his profile to the Sabres. (That's where I got it from)

https://twitter.com/6thSens/status/489013510488088576

However he is still listed under the Senators Front Office as a Pro Scout.

They maybe waiting until Development Camp is over to make the announcement... :unsure:

You should probably read the article you link before trying to set someone straight...who the hell is Gord Dineen and why would I want him in Buffalo?

"The Toronto Marlies of the American Hockey League have hired GORD DINEEN as their new head coach."

KEVIN DINEEN signed on in Chicago as an assistant coach.

http://espn.go.com/c...assistant-coach

http://www.chicagotr...0,2413545.story

http://www.nbcchicag...-267030571.html

(It was a nice try though. Lol.)

*EDIT: I will NEVER post here or elsewhere, unless I know what I am talking about and have done my homework...that's a promise. ;)

Edited by Bob Malooga

BLARGH.

My bad.

I hadn't realized there's two Dineens, let alone expected them to be hired to similar-ish positions one day apart. I partly blame TSN's abbreviated headlining.

All good...all good.....I can't tell you how many calls Mrs. Benedict answers and says, why do they always call asking for Gordon Benedict?

The funny thing is, Murray is trusting a 1st round bust who scored 6 goals in 7 NHL seasons to be a prime evaluator of talent. That's like hiring a jockey who won 6 races in 7 years to be your jockey agent.......

Or is it like hiring David Ledbetter to teach you golf. He was a lousy pro too.

The funny thing is, Murray is trusting a 1st round bust who scored 6 goals in 7 NHL seasons to be a prime evaluator of talent. That's like hiring a jockey who won 6 races in 7 years to be your jockey agent.......

Those who can't do, teach.

• 2 weeks later...

BLARGH.

My bad.

I hadn't realized there's two Dineens, let alone expected them to be hired to similar-ish positions one day apart. I partly blame TSN's abbreviated headlining.

Can the other part of the blame be laid on your poor reading skills? Lol, just kidding.

Really though, who the hell is Gord? :nana:

*Yes, I am 2 weeks late.

Edited by Bob Malooga

More information on the new hires from Bill Hoppe

http://Sabres change up front office, name new coaching staff Bill Hoppe Olean Times Herald 0 BUFFALO – Seven months after becoming Sabres general manager, Tim Murray has put his stamp on the front office, hiring a new assistant GM and two scouting directors.Mark Jakubowski has been promoted to Murray’s assistant, the team announced Monday. Jakubowski was the assistant to the GM under Darcy Regier, Murray’s predecessor. Rob Murphy has been named scouting director. Greg Royce has been named amateur scouting director. Murray worked with Murphy and Royce with the Ottawa Senators.Kevin Devine, Regier’s assistant GM while also in charge of amateur scouting, is still in the scouting department, a team spokesman said. Jon Christiano, the director of pro scouting under Regier, is still in the organization.In addition, the Sabres officially named their new coaching staff Monday. Former NHL All-Star Arturs Irbe, a name linked to the Sabres for months, is the goalie coach. Hall of Famer Bryan Trottier, Tom Coolen and Danny Flynn – names that leaked last week – are Ted Nolan’s assistants. Nolan worked with Coolen and Irbe with the Latvian national team.More on the hires:– Jakubowski has been with the Sabres nine seasons, including the last six as the assistant to the GM. He was also director of hockey administration for one year. Jakubowski’s responsibilities include salary cap analysis, contract research for negotiations, player transfers, roster administration and collective bargaining agreement and league compliance. He also assists with hockey operations for the AHL Rochester Americans.– Murphy scouted four years with Phoenix Coyotes before spending the last three with Ottawa. He played 125 NHL games in seven seasons with Ottawa, the Los Angeles Kings and Vancouver Canucks. Murphy was seen around the First Niagara Center earlier this summer.– Royce has been an NHL scout 18 years, including the last six as an amateur scout with Ottawa. He also scouted three seasons for Phoenix and eight for the Nashville Predators. He spent three seasons as Nashville’s assistant director of amateur scouting.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.