Trade with the Jets:LW Jordan Samuels-Thomas Acquired

Brawndo

28 NHLe points. Really developed during his college career as a freshman and sophomore with Bowling Green, then transferred to Quinnipiac.

He has graduated, so if I were to guess, the condition of the 7th round pick is on him signing a pro contract with us. Should be good for Rochester at the very least.

Student interview:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3gyCs6NvITQ

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sZ0pcYdkxhc

Edited by IKnowPhysics

This feels like a steal... He's getting high praise and looks to have actual NHL potential for a guy who was picked in the 7th and traded for a conditional 7th.

He could be in Rochester this year. Either that or the ECHL.

Edited by Tankalicious

Interesting. Sounds like he wasn't going to sign with the Jets, so they cut their losses and at least snagged a 7th out of it.

These are the types of under-the-radar deals i have been expecting from Murray.

This is kinda like signing a college free agent — Schaller or Ruhwedel

Wasn't the trade for Kane I was expecting lol but could be worthwhile down the road.

Free agent. August 15th is the deadline.

GMTM gets to prove he's not Garth Snow now! :-)

Interesting. Sounds like he wasn't going to sign with the Jets, so they cut their losses and at least snagged a 7th out of it.

These are the types of under-the-radar deals i have been expecting from Murray.

This is kinda like signing a college free agent — Schaller or Ruhwedel

The pick is conditional. I assume the condition is based on us signing him.

Got it. So nothing to lose for both sides then if the guy isn't interested in signing with Winnipeg.

from the winnipeg boards it seems they're not too thrilled with him leaving but they're happy to get something back in return as it was clear he wasn't going to sign there (he wants to be closer to home which is in connecticut). theres one guy who says he liked him enough as a prospect to say that he has legitimate 3rd line potential in the NHL and could see him moving up after only a year in the AHL (he's 24yo). id take that for a 7th rounder

Free agent. August 15th is the deadline.

Wasn't the trade for Kane I was expecting lol but could be worthwhile down the road.

GMTM gets to prove he's not Garth Snow now! :-)

I'm surprised Garth didn't trade a 3rd to the Jets to get him.

I'm surprised Garth didn't trade a 3rd to the Jets to get him.

Garth seems to only give away picks to not sign or ever dress D-men. Giving away a pick to not sign a forward that won't play at all on the Island is not his modus operandi. If he's going to give up something for a forward he'll never sign, he expects to get at least an even dozen games out of him.

I highly doubt that the initial purpose of the Winnipeg conversation was involving a 7th round pick for former 7th round player.....hopefully this is the first step in acquiring Kane.

I disagree. How would the transition happen?

"Hey, it's Tim Murray. What would it take to get Evander Kane."

"Eh, probably more than the conditional seventh it would take to get Jordan Samuels-Thomas."

"Deal."

"Eh, probably more than the conditional seventh it would take to get Jordan Samuels-Thomas."

"Deal."

You know, it could have happened that way. Tim Murray was involved in the transaction after all.

"Deal."

I have it from a legitimate inside source that this is precisely how it went down. [E5]

You know, it could have happened that way. Tim Murray was involved in the transaction after all.

Well, considering that, it'd probably be more like:

*ring*

"Hello?"

"It's Darth Murray. Give me Evander Kane for a conditional seventh."

"Okay Lord Murray, I'm sorry for not doing it earlier."

"Come to think of it, I'll wait on that deal. Give me Jordan Samuels-Thomas, instead."

"He's on his way. What're the conditions of the pick?"

"If I feel like it, you get the 7th."

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.