Trading for Evander Kane

beerme1

Evander Kane  

26 members have voted

1. 1. Getting Evander Kane would make me

• Sad as I am ready to endure another woeful season with no guarantee of McDavid or Eichel
    • Happy because I've had enough bad hockey the last few years and need to molve on
    • Sad knowing it will kill the tank, but happy as it would make us a better team for a long time

Kane is tempting. Hear Petey and Kevin speaking on it on Hockey Hotline this morning. Liked Petey's idea of a package deal.

Sadly, it may cost us a generational talent, then again, as tank just pointed out above, we score 3 a game but give up 6 lol, therefore, if that is the outcome, I strongly approve :P

Kane is tempting. Hear Petey and Kevin speaking on it on Hockey Hotline this morning. Liked Petey's idea of a package deal.

Sadly, it may cost us a generational talent, then again, as tank just pointed out above, we score 3 a game but give up 6 lol, therefore, if that is the outcome, I strongly approve :P

Myers/Hodgson/BUF 2015 2nd for Kane/Bogosian.

I have no idea why anyone would think acquiring Kane would ruin the tank.

We are talking Evander Kane, not Patrick are we not?

Hell, trading Myers to get kane would leave our defence in such a shambles it would probably cement the tank.

Edited by dudacek

IHell, trading Myers to get kane would leave our defence in such a shambles it would probably cement the tank.

I am far from convinced that Myers can last a whole season injury free. He seems to have injury-itis.

I have no idea why anyone would think acquiring Kane would ruin the tank.

We are talking Evander Kane, not Patrick are we not?

Hell, trading Myers to get kane would leave our defence in such a shambles it would probably cement the tank.

22 years old and has scored 30 in one season already. Challenged to a fight as a rookie by Matt Cooke and knocked his out lol.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Evander_Kane

I can't believe people want to trade Tyler Myers for young Drew Stafford.

Couldn't agree more. I seriously wonder if a tiny bit of the fascination has to do with the last name Kane. I appreciate the kids ability, its tremendous, but so is Alex Semins. Those aren't the type of players i want on this team moving forward. I want the hard workers and the overachievers.

I would be glad to get Kane, but I wouldn't trade Myers for him.

I would give up Risto or Nikita, STL's #1 and Hodgson or Foligno for him.

I'm reading that as a three piece offer, and if that's correct then i think that's a pretty steep price to pay for a streaky player with alleged character issues.

I'm reading that as a three piece offer, and if that's correct then i think that's a pretty steep price to pay for a streaky player with alleged character issues.

It is indeed a 3-piece offer, but it's 3 pieces that haven't come close to the NHL performance that Kane has, and the odds are that none of them will do so.

Even so, I agree that it's a steep price -- but I think Kane will be expensive.

It is indeed a 3-piece offer, but it's 3 pieces that haven't come close to the NHL performance that Kane has, and the odds are that none of them will do so.

Even so, I agree that it's a steep price -- but I think Kane will be expensive.

I certainly agree with the performance part of it. My two issues are as follows:

One, I'd like to see CoHo on the wing. Really really REALLY badly. His performance on the wing seemed to increase his production, he could be an ideal 2nd line winger on a competitive team. He's a smart young hockey player who has a clear drive and desire to want to be better every single day. I like his skillset, i like where his head seems to be at, and i love his potential ceiling.

Two, perhaps most important in my mind, is what i believe this teams rebuild philosophy was. Net out. Our stable of Blueliners is one of the most ridiculous stockpiles I've seen in recent years in the NHL. Granted, it's all on paper, it projects to be a very deep, extremely talented group. I don't think it was a mistake that we had a full crop of D men before anything else. I'm not citing any specific article but it's often stated in many circles that D men take longer to develop and come into their own. If thats the case, Risto and Nikita will have time to develop while we start to pick up forwards. By the time everything is said and done, i think the idea was to have all these young guns peaking around the same time. Forwards seem to develop quicker so you pick them up after your D. In a crazy crystal ball kind of way, it really makes a lot of sense. I don't want to move any of Myers, Pysyk, McCabe, Zadorov, or Ristolainen for precisely that reason.

the character issues are oversold, no issue has ever been made public other than a picture of him holding money.

I certainly agree with the performance part of it. My two issues are as follows:

One, I'd like to see CoHo on the wing. Really really REALLY badly. His performance on the wing seemed to increase his production, he could be an ideal 2nd line winger on a competitive team. He's a smart young hockey player who has a clear drive and desire to want to be better every single day. I like his skillset, i like where his head seems to be at, and i love his potential ceiling.

Two, perhaps most important in my mind, is what i believe this teams rebuild philosophy was. Net out. Our stable of Blueliners is one of the most ridiculous stockpiles I've seen in recent years in the NHL. Granted, it's all on paper, it projects to be a very deep, extremely talented group. I don't think it was a mistake that we had a full crop of D men before anything else. I'm not citing any specific article but it's often stated in many circles that D men take longer to develop and come into their own. If thats the case, Risto and Nikita will have time to develop while we start to pick up forwards. By the time everything is said and done, i think the idea was to have all these young guns peaking around the same time. Forwards seem to develop quicker so you pick them up after your D. In a crazy crystal ball kind of way, it really makes a lot of sense. I don't want to move any of Myers, Pysyk, McCabe, Zadorov, or Ristolainen for precisely that reason.

This is a very reasonable perspective. I guess I just think that forwards who can score and have size and speed are more rare and precious than good defensemen -- and we have a ton of D prospects and very little in terms of good forwards. We also need to remember that prospects are still just prospects and are more likely to wash out than to become stars.

I can't believe people want to trade Tyler Myers for young Drew Stafford.

Worse, he's apparently a prick too. At least Stafford's only lazy, Kane's a punk from what I've read.

If we're going after younger players, I take a run at Skinner. I'm sure the price would be very, very high, but I'd at least ask.

Not to derail this thread, but does anyone have an idea of what it would take to pry Skinner away from the Canes? NYI 2015 1st, Myers, Ennis/Co-ho, and some later round picks?

I just don't like Kane as a person. Guy seems like the cancerous growth of a locker room

This is just my opinion, but I think some of you guys are SERIOUSLY undervaluing some of our players.

Someone recently included Stafford in the list with Zagrapan for draft pick busts... enough said