Trade Ideas: Summer 2014

Eleven

Pronger and one of our 2015 seconds for a their 2015 first. (Salary dump for more McDavid chances)

Anton Volchenkov for our 2015 3rd.

With 3 (now 4 first rounders) we can afford to give up one of our 2nds and 3rd next year.

We could probably get Volchenkov for next to nothing. I would like to target Philly's 2015 first but it'll take some strong dealing.

Agreed. But they have to dump salary somehow. Maybe GMRH is that desperate.

Pronger and one of our 2015 seconds for a their 2015 first. (Salary dump for more McDavid chances)

Anton Volchenkov for our 2015 3rd.

With 3 (now 4 first rounders) we can afford to give up one of our 2nds and 3rd next year.

I missed when e got Pronger.

Technically the wording works in a bit of irony. Pronger's value in the trade does lay on our side.

Pronger + Vinny L + 2015 1st for Luke Adam and a 2016 2nd

LOL....that would be awesome.

Agreed. But they have to dump salary somehow. Maybe GMRH is that desperate.

If Hextall follows the trend of a former Flyer goalie as GM (Garth Snow), we should be able to pry that 1st from them. I can see them missing the playoffs this year for sure too.

We could circumvent the generally accepted way of doing things in the NHL.....

Sign Moulson to a 1 year 10 million deal. (Verbally agree with him when he signs that he will be dealt to a contender at the deadline and can once again re-sign with us next offseason)

Trade Moulson at 50% salary retained to a playoff team for multiple prospects/ 2nd's/ or a 1st

Of course an investigation ensues and Bettman revokes our 1st round pick.

Edited by Warriorspikes51

Technically the wording works in a bit of irony. Pronger's value in the trade does lay on our side.

I wish I could take credit for the irony but it was just poor wording on my part. I am a contributor to the "Good whiskey/whisky" thread and I have obviously done a little too much research today.

Flyers: Luke Adam and a 2016 2nd for Pronger (LTIR 3 years 4.9) + Vinny L (4 years 4.5) + 2015 1st

Stars: Gonchar.....1 year left at 5 million. Would he bring a 2nd round pick with him in return for futures?

Leafs : Stafford + 2nd for Phaneuf (7 years 7 mil per)

Penguins: 2nd + throw in for Letang (8 years 7.25 mil per) + 2015 1st

Habs: 3rd + 4th(2016) for Danny Briere (1 year 4 mil) + Josh Gorges (4 years 3.9 mil per)

Hawks: 3rd for Bryan Bickell (3 years 4 mil per) + 2nd

Wild: 3rd + Adam for Kyle Brodziak (1 year 2.83) Minny needs space if they want big time UFA's

Jets: Stafford + 2nd for Zach Bogosian (6 years 5.1 mil per)

Hodgson + Grigorenko + 2nd for Evander Kane (4 years 5.2 mil per)

Wings: 2nd for Stephen Weiss ( 4 years 4.9) + 2015 1st

Sharks: Joel Armia + Grigorenko + 2nd for Couture (6 years 6 mil per) + Marleau (3 years 6.6 mil per)

***Some of these values are likely a bit off but just tossing things out there for ideas

I do think the Flyers would be the most likely team to grab a 2015 1st from. Also the Wings are perfectly fine not keeping their 1st in recent years

We can free up around 10 million in cap space for them....if it comes with that pick.

Isles : Buffalo Sabres Official game puck signed by Thomas Vanek and Matt Moulson

for Alexei Yashin (1 year $ buyout payment left at 2.2 million) + 2016 1st

After Isles sale this summer, new ownership refuses to pay $ on buyout. Snow....knowing he is going to be fired, trades the Isles pick out of spite.

:ph34r:

Isles : Buffalo Sabres Official game puck signed by Thomas Vanek and Matt Moulson

for Alexei Yashin (1 year $ buyout payment left at 2.2 million) + 2016 1st

After Isles sale this summer, new ownership refuses to pay $ on buyout. Snow....knowing he is going to be fired, trades the Isles pick out of spite.

:ph34r:

They can't trade Yashin. He's no longer their property. It'd be like us trading Ehrhoff in three years.

The only bad contracts that could be targeted for a trade and don't have any NTC that I found on capgeek:

Marc Savard BOS (3 yrs, $4M)

David Jones CAL (2 yrs, $4M)

Alexander Semin CAR (4 yrs, $7M)

Jean-Michael Liles CAR (2 yrs, $3.8M)

PA Parenteau COL (2 yrs, $4M)

Johan Franzen DET (6 yrs, $4M)

Anti Niemi SJ (1 yr, $3.8M)

Ondrej Pavelec WPG (3 yrs, $3.9M)

And one that does have a NTC that nobody mentioned yet: Brian Campbell (2 yrs, $7M). Let's bring him back.

Coyotes: Hodgson + Ruhwedel + 2nd for Keith Yandle (2 years 5.2 mil per)

Now that's a guy that I would love to target and keep around long-term.

The only bad contracts that could be targeted for a trade and don't have any NTC that I found on capgeek:

Marc Savard BOS (3 yrs, $4M)

David Jones CAL (2 yrs, $4M)

Alexander Semin CAR (4 yrs, $7M)

Jean-Michael Liles CAR (2 yrs, $3.8M)

PA Parenteau COL (2 yrs, $4M)

Johan Franzen DET (6 yrs, $4M)

Anti Niemi SJ (1 yr, $3.8M)

Ondrej Pavelec WPG (3 yrs, $3.9M)

And one that does have a NTC that nobody mentioned yet: Brian Campbell (2 yrs, $7M). Let's bring him back.

Now that's a guy that I would love to target and keep around long-term.

I'm glad we agree on Yandle. He would be awesome.

Sharks are apparently trying to trade Niemi, Cam Ward is another one but he'd have to be convinced to come here. I could see him ending up in Calgary for some reason.

Pavelec is horrible so I'm sure the Jets would be thrilled to dump him. Hiller seems like a nice fit for the Jets. I would try and get Pavelec in a package with Evander Kane to lessen what we give up.

Leafs: Stafford + Ruhwedel for David Clarkson + Dion Phaneuf + 2015 1st

Clarkson's contract is so brutal for what he brings that Leafs would have to forfeit their 1st to move him.

Jets: Hodgson + Grigorenko + 2nd for Ondrej Pavelec + Evander Kane + 2015 1st

Oilers: Tyler Myers + Drew Stafford + 2nd + 3rd for Jordan Eberle + Sam Gagner +1st

I wonder if any player is willing to waive their NTC and be trading to the Sabres as long as they are willing use a regular buyout on them.

Leafs: Stafford + Ruhwedel for David Clarkson + Dion Phaneuf + 2015 1st

Clarkson's contract is so brutal for what he brings that Leafs would have to forfeit their 1st to move him.

Jets: Hodgson + Grigorenko + 2nd for Ondrej Pavelec + Evander Kane + 2015 1st

Oilers: Tyler Myers + Drew Stafford + 2nd + 3rd for Jordan Eberle + Sam Gagner +1st

Good thoughts but not enough going to the Jets and Oilers.

Good thoughts but not enough going to the Jets and Oilers.

Or, the most egregious one, the Leafs. Phaneuf has some really good value. So does a 2015 first rounder. And we don't provide any real value. An RFA and an expiring contract of an inconsistent guy isn't nearly enough, despite the inclusion of Clarkson's bad deal.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.