GDT: Detroit at Buffalo 4-8-14 at 7:00 PM EDT

26CornerBlitz

@BuffaloSabres

Nolan on Girgensons: "He plays the game right." He says he was the #Sabres' best player on the ice tonight.

He sure does.

It's also Jimmy Howard. No Slouch in net either.

I continue to think he's overrated, and those familiar with my pre-Olympic posts can note the consistency. I think he's adequate, especially with that team in front of him, but hardly great.

I continue to think he's overrated, and those familiar with my pre-Olympic posts can note the consistency. I think he's adequate, especially with that team in front of him, but hardly great.

is he a slouch?

(I'm not certain the non-negative form of that phrase makes any sense at all...)

I'm with Teddy.

Stewart was lazy on the back check on the first Detroit goal and picked the wrong check on the second. I see why Hitch soured on him.

And Foligno looks like he's following him. He's forgotten how to use that big body.

And the Latvian?

He gives me hope.

I'm with Teddy.

Stewart was lazy on the back check on the first Detroit goal and picked the wrong check on the second. I see why Hitch soured on him.

And Foligno looks like he's following him. He's forgotten how to use that big body.

And the Latvian?

He gives me hope.

Foligno has yet to make consistent use of his size here. There's no forgetting going on with him. He just doesn't do it.

I'm with Teddy.

And the Latvian?

He gives me hope.

Regardless of who we draft. Z will be the guy I am most excited about for next year.

I'm with Teddy.

And the Latvian?

He gives me hope.

In Stewarts defence. He has been out with an injury since the trade deadline. I'm fairly confident he ain't in game shape.

He did as a junior, and he did when first came up.

On occasion. He'd play one game really hard then the next he'd be invisible. But we let it slide because he was a kid.

I like Marcus for the hometown connection but I've not been all that impressed with him.

He sure does.

I always felt the same way about Osgood too.

I 'might' have been able to w/ that lineup in front of me, and I'm almost positive Drk or my kid would have won multiples.

Didn't Kyle friggin' Boller win a Superbowl?

That's weird, because I had thought about mentioning Trent Dilfer winning an SB - but then I got scared of someone screaming THIS IS A HOCKEY THREAD WTF UGGGHH C'MON

That's weird, because I had thought about mentioning Trent Dilfer winning an SB - but then I got scared of someone screaming THIS IS A HOCKEY THREAD WTF UGGGHH C'MON

:doh: :doh: :doh:

At least I knew it wasn't friggin' Testaverde. :doh:

I 'might' have been able to w/ that lineup in front of me, and I'm almost positive Drk or my kid would have won multiples.

Didn't Kyle friggin' Boller win a Superbowl?

[Edit] Nope, but Trent friggin' Dilfer did. :doh:

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.