GDT: New Jersey at Buffalo 4-1-14 at 7:00 PM EDT

26CornerBlitz

logo.png

GAME DISCUSSION THREAD

452673921_slide.jpg

GAME #75: NJD (32-28-15) at BUF (20-45-9) – TUE APR 1 – 7:00 PM EDT – MSG-B, BELL TVWGR-550

BUFFALO SABRES BuffaloSabresSmiley-1.png

Final Lineup

88 Cory Conacher – 63 Tyler Ennis – 21 Drew Stafford ("A")

28 Zemgus Girgensons – 19 Cody Hodgson – 65 Brian Flynn

82 Marcus Foligno – 22 Johan Larsson – 27 Matt D’Agostini

32 John Scott – 37 Matt Ellis – 23 Ville Leino

X: 17 Torrey Mitchell (undisclosed), 24 Zenon Konopka (back), 44 Nicolas Deslauriers (personal), 80 Chris Stewart (ankle)

10 Christian Ehrhoff ("A") – 55 Rasmus Ristolainen

20 Henrik Tallinder ("A") – 5 Chad Ruhwedel

6 Mike Weber – 4 Jamie McBain

X: 52 Alexander Sulzer (LBI), 57 Tyler Myers (LBI)

50 Nathan Lieuwen

31 Matt Hackett

X: 1 Jhonas Enroth (LBI), 34 Michal Neuvirth (LBI)

Lineup News & Notes

G Jhonas Enroth (LBI), F Torrey Mitchell (undisclosed), F Ville Leino (LBI), F Zenon Konopka (back),G Michal Neuvirth (LBI),

D Alex Sulzer (LBI), D Tyler Myers (LBI), and F Chris Stewart (ankle) were scratches in Saturday's 4-3 OT loss vs Tampa Bay.

Weekly Transactions

03/27: Recalled (emergency basis) D Rasmus Ristolainen and F Johan Larsson from Rochester (AHL).

03/30: Reassigned C Mikhail Grigorenko to Rochester (AHL) from Quebec (QMJHL).

04/01: Signed C Justin Kea to a three year ELC.

According to the Stats

In the last 10 games, the Sabres have gone 1-8-1.

NEW JERSEY DEVILS New_Jersey_Devils_logosmiley.png

Final Lineup

15 Tuomo Ruutu – 19 Travis Zajac – 68 Jaromir Jagr

14 Adam Henrique – 26 Patrik Elias ("A") – 9 Mike Sislo

12 Damien Brunner – 8 Dainius Zubrus ("A") – 17 Michael Ryder

20 Ryan Carter – 16 Jacob Josefson - 18 Steve Bernier

X: 23 Tim Sestito (healthy), 11 Stephen Gionta (undisclosed), 29 Ryan Clowe (concussion)

6 Andy Greene ("A") – 7 Mark Fayne

10 Peter Harrold – 2 Marek Zidlicky

22 Eric Gelinas – 5 Adam Larsson

X: 24 Bryce Salvador (groin), 28 Anton Volchenkov (LBI), 34 Jon Merrill (face)

35 Cory Schneider

30 Martin Brodeur

Lineup News & Notes

New Jersey scratched F Stephen Gionta, F Tim Sestito, D Bryce Salvador, D Anton Volchenkov, and D Jon Merrill in Monday's 6-3 win vs Florida.

Weekly Transactions

03/30: Recalled D Adam Larsson (emergency basis) from Albany (AHL).

04/01: Recalled F Mike Sislo (emergency basis) from Albany (AHL).

According to the Stats

In the Last 10 Games New Jersey has gone 4-4-2.

Adam Henrique has 11 goals and 16 points in the past 16 games since the Olympic break.

PREGAME LINKS

03/29 – GAME RECAP: LUCKY BOUNCE NOT ENOUGH AS SABRES FALL IN OT (Joe Ray – Sabres.com)

03/31 – GAME RECAP: Zajac's first career hat trick flattens Florida (Mike G. Morreale – NHL.com)

03/31 – GAME PREVIEW: Sabres try to play spoiler against Devils (Mike G. Morreale – NHL.com)

04/01 – Nolan excited about contract extension: Buffalo deserves a championship (Bill Hoppe – Olean Times Herald)

03/31 – NEWS: NOLAN FORGES AHEAD WITHOUT INTERIM LABEL (Chris Ryndak – Sabres.com)

03/31 – BEYOND THE BOARDS: PLAYERS HAPPY TO SEE NOLAN SIGN CONTRACT (Chris Ryndak – Sabres.com)

03/31 – NOLAN NAMED SABRES HEAD COACH, SIGNS CONTRACT EXTENSION (Ian Ott – Sabres PR)

03/31 – Game Preview: 4/1/14 vs New Jersey Devils (Ian Ott – Sabres PR)

03/31 – Tim Murray speaks with Brian Duff about signing Ted Nolan as head coach of the Buffalo Sabres. <3:30>

03/31 – Ted Nolan speaks with Brian Duff about signing a contract extension as head coach of the Buffalo Sabres. <4:18>

03/31 – Dan Dunleavy recaps Monday's practice at First Niagara Center. <1:53>

03/31 – Cory Conacher speaks with the media following Monday's practice at First Niagara Center. <4:08>

03/31 – Cody Hodgson speaks with the media following Monday's practice at First Niagara Center. <2:01>

03/31 – Christian Ehrhoff speaks with the media following Monday's practice at First Niagara Center. <1:31>

04/01 – WGR: Ted Nolan's weekly segment on the Howard Simon Show <12:34>

04/01 – Devils at Sabres Game Notes PDF (Sabres.com)

04/01 – Press Clips: 4/1/14 vs New Jersey Devils (Ian Ott – Sabres PR)

04/01 – Ted Nolan speaks with the media following Tuesday's morning skate at First Niagara Center. <5:13>

04/01 – Dan Dunleavy previews Tuesday night's game against the Devils at First Niagara Center. <2:34>

04/01 – Johan Larsson speaks with the media following Tuesday's morning skate at First Niagara Center. <1:26>

04/01 – Zemgus Girgensons speaks with the media following Tuesday's morning skate at First Niagara Center. <1:33>

04/01 – Matt D'Agostini speaks with the media following Tuesday's morning skate at First Niagara Center. <1:28>

04/01 – Joe Sacco speaks with Sam Korotkin prior to Tuesday night's game against the Devils at First Niagara Center. <1:42>

POSTGAME LINKS

04/02 – NHL POST-GAME NEWSLETTER: New Jersey Devils @ Buffalo Sabres (NHL.com)

04/01 – Sabres PR Post-Game Report: 4/1 vs. NJD (Ian Ott – Sabres PR)

04/01 – GAME RECAP: LIEUWEN EARNS 1ST VICTORY IN SHOOTOUT WIN OVER DEVILS (Chris Ryndak – Sabres.com)

04/01 – Dan Dunleavy recaps the Sabres 3-2 shootout win against the Devils. <2:48>

04/01 – Ted Nolan speaks with the media following the Sabres 3-2 shootout win against the Devils. <2:30>

04/01 – Nathan Lieuwen speaks with the media following the Sabres 3-2 shootout win against the Devils. <2:08>

04/01 – Tyler Ennis speaks with the media following the Sabres 3-2 shootout win against the Devils. <1:56>

04/01 – Drew Stafford speaks with the media following the Sabres 3-2 shootout win against the Devils. <0:44>

04/01 – Ville Leino speaks with Brian Duff and Mike Robitaille following the Sabres 3-2 shootout win against the Devils. <1:41>

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

Ennis pointless in the last 3 games, 4 games for Stafford. Looking for both of them to get on the score sheet tonight.

Hackett has not looked sharp in the last 2 games, he hasn't had a lot of help from the defense, but that's the norm for any Buffalo goalie.

Ville Leino scores a :oops: ...................................never mind.

Does NJ start Brodeur who was pulled early in 2nd last night?

I'm looking forward to seeing him and Jagr, both 1972, impressive. 2nd and 3rd oldest players in the league.

I can't believe that Brodeur has stated he wants to play next season and expects to be a starting goalie next season even if it's not with the Devils. I know he's a proud athlete, but it's time to call it a career.

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

@BuffaloSabres

Leino into the lineup, Deslauriers out for personal reasons, Nolan says. #Sabres

@BillHoppeNHL

Nick Deslauriers is out tonight since his wife had a baby yesterday. #Sabres

this is the only acceptable reason I can see to having Leino in the lineup... ;)

congrats to the Deslauriers' though!

Good work CB,

Picked up some cheap seats on stub hub, like 9 bucks a ticket, I'm on call so if I have to be pulled away then it's no big deal.

. Just going to see the young goalie play and gus, along with the other young guns playing hard.

Please win tonight, the tank is basically assured

Great work as always CB. The Devils scored six last night, do that have any left for tonight? I think so 4-2 NJDs.
Good work CB, Picked up some cheap seats on stub hub, like 9 bucks a ticket, I'm on call so if I have to be pulled away then it's no big deal. . Just going to see the young goalie play and gus, along with the other young guns playing hard. Please win tonight, the tank is basically assured

Thanks Gents. It's the home stretch and the stench of being in the season long tank is making me :sick:. On a positive note, the 2014 draft lottery is two weeks from today.....Here's to Hope!

26CB I must express my disappointment with your GDT. Tom Sestito is a Vancouver Canuck. His older brother Tim Sestito is a New Jersey Devil. Come on man!!!

Seriously though, how do you have the patience to go through all this every game for this garbage team. Gold star for you!

26CB I must express my disappointment with your GDT. Tom Sestito is a Vancouver Canuck. His older brother Tim Sestito is a New Jersey Devil. Come on man!!!

Seriously though, how do you have the patience to go through all this every game for this garbage team. Gold star for you!

It's a typo as o is right next to i on the keyboard. Thanks for catching that.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.