GDT: Buffalo at Carolina 3-13-14 at 7:00 PM EDT

26CornerBlitz

logo.png

GAME DISCUSSION THREAD

474872783_slide.jpg

GAME #66: BUF (19-38-8) at CAR (28-28-9) – THU MAR 13 – 7:00 PM EDT – MSG-B, BELL TVWGR-550

BUFFALO SABRES BuffaloSabresSmiley-1.png

Final Lineup

88 Cory Conacher – 63 Tyler Ennis – 21 Drew Stafford ("A")

82 Marcus Foligno – 19 Cody Hodgson – 27 Matt D’Agostini

44 Nicolas Deslauriers – 23 Ville Leino – 65 Brian Flynn

32 John Scott – 24 Zenon Konopka – 37 Matt Ellis

X: 28 Zemgus Girgensons (LBI), 80 Chris Stewart (ankle), 17 Torrey Mitchell (foot)

10 Christian Ehrhoff ("A") – 52 Alexander Sulzer

6 Mike Weber – 57 Tyler Myers

20 Henrik Tallinder ("A") – 4 Jamie McBain

X: 5 Chad Ruhwedel

34 Michal Neuvirth

1 Jhonas Enroth

Lineup News & Notes

F Zemgus Girgensons (LBI), F Chris Stewart (LBI), F 17 Torrey Mitchell (LBI), and F Alex Sulzer (LBI) were scratches in Tuesday's 4-1 loss vs Nashville.

Weekly Transactions

03/07: Recalled (emergency basis) F Luke Adam and F Nicolas Deslauriers from Rochester (AHL).

03/08: Reassigned F Luke Adam to Rochester (AHL); Recalled D Chad Ruhwedel (emergency basis) from Rochester (AHL).

According to the Stats

In the last 10 games, Buffalo has gone 4-6-0.

Drew Stafford can extend his goal streak to three games.

CAROLINA HURRICANES CarolinaHurricanesSmiley.png

Final Lineup

53 Jeff Skinner – 12 Eric Staal ("C") – 16 Elias Lindholm

19 Jiri Tlusty – 11 Jordan Staal ("A") – 28 Alexander Semin

14 Nathan Gerbe – 20 Riley Nash – 39 Pat Dwyer

21 Drayson Bowman – 8 Andrei Loktionov - 18 Radek Dvorak

X: 22 Manny Malhotra

4 Andrej Sekera – 7 Ryan Murphy

65 Ron Hainsey – 73 Brett Bellemore

44 Jay Harrison – 5 Mike Komisarek

X: 27 Justin Faulk (UBI), 26 John-Michael Liles (concussion)

30 Cam Ward

31 Anton Khudobin

X: 35 Justin Peters

Lineup News & Notes

Carolina scratched F Radek Dvorak, D John-Michael Liles, D Justin Faulk, D Michal Jordan, and G Justin Peters in Tuesday's 3-1 win vs NYR.

Weekly Transactions

03/10: Recalled D Michal Jordan from Charlotte (AHL).

03/11: Reassigned D Michal Jordan to Charlotte (AHL).

According to the Stats

In the Last 10 games, Carolina has gone 3-7-0.

Alexander Semin is in the midst of a five game point streak with 2G/4A.

PREGAME LINKS

03/11 – GAME RECAP: SABRES ALLOW 4 UNANSWERED AGAINST PREDS (Chris Ryndak – Sabres.com)

03/11 – GAME RECAP: Hurricanes end losing skid vs. Rangers (Michael Smith – Hurricanes.com)

03/12 – Hurricanes chase another home win against Sabres (Eric Goodman – NHL.com)

03/12 – BEYOND THE BOARDS: PLAYERS HOLD ON-ICE MEETING AFTER PRACTICE (Chris Ryndak – Sabres.com)

03/12 – Top line earning big minutes, providing Sabres’ only offense (Bill Hoppe – Olean Times Herald)

03/12 – Game Preview: 3/13/14 at Carolina Hurricanes (Ian Ott – Sabres PR)

03/12 – Ted Nolan speaks with the media following Wednesday's practice at First Niagara Center. <2:42>

03/13 – Sabres at Hurricanes Game Notes PDF (Ian Ott – Sabres PR)

03/13 – Ted Nolan speaks with the media following Thursday's morning skate at PNC Arena. <3:36>

03/13 – THE MORNING SKATE: NEUVIRTH TO START AGAINST HURRICANES (Chris Ryndak – Sabres.com)

03/13 – Press Clips: 3/13/14 at Carolina Hurricanes (Ian Ott – Sabres PR)

03/13 – Dan Dunleavy previews Thursday night's game against the Hurricanes at PNC Arena. <3:12>

03/13 – Before The Faceoff 3-13-14: Buffalo Sabres vs Carolina Hurricanes. <2:21>

03/13 – Ville Leino speaks with the media following Thursday's morning skate at PNC Arena. <4:07>

03/13 – Jamie McBain speaks with the media following Thursday's morning skate at PNC Arena. <3:20>

03/13 – Cody Hodgson speaks with the media following Thursday's morning skate at PNC Arena. <0:38>

03/13 – Teppo Numminen speaks with Dan Dunleavy prior to Thursday's game against the Hurricanes at PNC Arena. <1:15>

POSTGAME LINKS

03/13 – NHL POST-GAME NEWSLETTER: Buffalo Sabres @ Carolina Hurricanes (NHL.com)

03/11 – Post-Game Report: 3/11 vs. NSH (Ian Ott – Sabres PR)

03/14 – GAME RECAP: NEUVIRTH STOPS CAREER-HIGH 51 SHOTS IN LOSS (Chris Ryndak – Sabres.com)

03/13 – Brian Duff and Dan Dunleavy recap the Sabres 4-2 loss to the Hurricanes. <2:55>

03/13 – Ted Nolan speaks with the media following the Sabres 4-2 loss to the Hurricanes. <2:29>

03/13 – Jamie McBain speaks with Brian Duff following the Sabres 4-2 loss to the Hurricanes. <2:14>

03/13 – Tyler Ennis speaks with the media following the Sabres 4-2 loss to the Hurricanes. <1:23>

03/13 – Drew Stafford speaks with the media following the Sabres 4-2 loss to the Hurricanes. <2:09>

03/13 – Michal Neuvirth speaks with the media following the Sabres 4-2 loss to the Hurricanes. <2:31>

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

In my mind I'm going to Carolina

Can't you see the sunshine

Can't you just feel the moonshine?

This is a raping, pillaging and baby eating free affair. Drunkard...please be on your best behavior. Let us lay down our arms to fight another day...... this is the tank...

post-61-0-89347900-1394714351_thumb.jpg

I'm fully in support of the tank but I still root for the Sabres to win whenever we play Boston and Carolina, especially since we now have an 8 point cushion for last in the standings. That being said, I'll be missing out on the raping, pillaging, and baby eating this evening. I forgot to put in a leave request to leave work early today or take off tomorrow so by the time I get off work and fight all the base traffic, I wouldn't have time to make it to the game on time, let along build a nice healthy base of reasonably priced beer buzz before shelling out $10-$12 per beer at the stadium.

The sad thing is, I'm not even all that disappointed that I won't make it. I fully support the tank and the rationale behind shitting the bed for a couple of seasons in order to get some legitimate blue chip prospects in the pipeline and players on the team, but it has killed my enthuisiasm for Sabres games this year. So short of us blowing them out 7-0 or John Scott scrambling the brains of both Staal brothers at the same time while Gerbe climbs on his back like a spider monkey until Scott swats him across the arena like a gnat, I won't even really regret missing the game. I'll just watch from home and save my money and vacation time.

I hear you Drunkard. It will be tough supporting the tank with all the Canes jackholes jaw jacking at you, but I'm bringing my son tonight and he is more of a Canes fan so I'll be supporting him if it turns out to be a pro-tank game. No jersey for me tonight, I'll wear a Sabres hat and leave it at that.

Edited by Claude_Verret

@BuffaloSabres

Sulzer is taking part in the optional skate as is Ruhwedel. McBain is the only other defenseman on the ice. #sabres -CR

@BuffaloSabres

9 forwards skating: Conacher, Foligno, Hodgson, Deslauriers, Leino, Flynn, Scott, Konopka and Ellis. Neuvirth & Enroth in goal. #sabres -CR

@BuffaloSabres

Looks like it'll be Michal Neuvirth getting the start tonight. #sabres -CR

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

It will be interesting to hear if the Canes PA announcer has changed his Sekera pronunciation to the Reggie approved version. He was really butchering it the last time I was at a game.

These are the interesting side stories in a tank season.

@BuffaloSabres

Looks like it'll be Michal Neuvirth getting the start tonight. #sabres -CR

This looks like a pro-tank move. I'm not sure how Neuvirth has performed against Carolina, but it seems like Enroth has been a Cane killer historically.

It will be interesting to hear if the Canes PA announcer has changed his Sekera pronunciation to the Reggie approved version. He was really butchering it the last time I was at a game.

These are the interesting side stories in a tank season.

This looks like a pro-tank move. I'm not sure how Neuvirth has performed against Carolina, but it seems like Enroth has been a Cane killer historically.

Sekera is back to the pronunciation that we knew him by as a Sabre.

I know, but the last Canes game I went to which seemed to me to be after the issue was resolved had the PA guy still using the butchered version.

This is the 1st Sabres' game this season in Carolina. Do you mean the Canes broadcaster?

Nevermind, I see where you live.

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.