Shake up in the office PAT LaFONTAINE RESIGNS

Jeanbe

I firmly believe that Pat Lafontaine is the type of person who would not leave at such a crucial time as a few days before the trade deadline when your team is about to have as big of a makeover as it has since 1970. He just wouldn't do that. He would go and take a vacation to a secluded desert island for a week and the press release would have come out March 6th. That is what is so concerning here. I think even a scumbag would have the couth to wait a week.

I want to hear from everyone. It's not fair to assume guilt either on the Sabres or Lafontaine. It may be in the best interests of everyone in the long term, but the timing just rekindles every feeling of distrust, cronyism, dysfunction, and politics that has hung over this franchise for far too long. I was just getting comfortable with the idea of being a giddy fan again, and then reality strikes. I got a call last night from a personal situation that is fairly big which mimicked my feelings about the Sabres. Always go with your gut....think it out, but go with your gut....

How well do you know PLF? If he capable of flying off the handle at subordinates a la Polian? Is he capable of doing things without the consent of his boss and when he's rebuffed for doing them, flies off the handle in a disrespectful manner?

We'd all like to think that Patty the player and Patty the public face is who he is all the time. I'm just not convinced he can't be a dick when he wants to be and that he doesn't get even more pissed when called out for it.

His timing here is bad to say the least. Why couldn't he have waited it out indeed?

GO SABRES!!!

So will we get answers or more fuel to feed the speculation fires?

Nothing on right now just a view of downtown http://www.wgrz.com/.../03/01/3498599/

Welcome to the board.

IMO, we will not be getting any answers.

After all, this is a Sabre press conference. The last thing they want to do is answer any questions.

How well do you know PLF? If he capable of flying off the handle at subordinates a la Polian? Is he capable of doing things without the consent of his boss and when he's rebuffed for doing them, flies off the handle in a disrespectful manner?

We'd all like to think that Patty the player and Patty the public face is who he is all the time. I'm just not convinced he can't be a dick when he wants to be and that he doesn't get even more pissed when called out for it.

His timing here is bad to say the least. Why couldn't he have waited it out indeed?

GO SABRES!!!

Oh...you got the GR memo that went out at 6PM last night?

"I'm not going to beg him to be here, we want people who want to be here, coach or players."

"Ultimately I have to answer to the owner."

That don't sound good. I'm thinking they're already looking for an out and aren't beyond letting TN be the architect of his own demise.

you can watch the presser on TWC News channel - 9 if you're in Buffalo the stream is horrible

I don't get any Buffalo stations on my satellite service, unfortunately. :(

Friggin WGR..... can't believe they're not carrying this.

Oh...you got the GR memo that went out at 6PM last night?

No. Just asking. I know you need to find a demon here and that it has to be the suits in the "inner circle." I get that. I also know that it can be hard to accept the fact that someone we all love can actually be offensive at times. I get that, too. But the more I look at this, the more I'm convinced it's a Patty issue more than anything else.

GO SABRES!!!

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.