Shake up in the office PAT LaFONTAINE RESIGNS

Jeanbe

Say this....LaFontaine left....Patrick, Murray and most likely Nolan will stay....

When I see them listed like that, it really jumps out at you as to whom was the most expendable.

GO SABRES!!!

Edited by K-9

Obviously I don't know what happened, but I don't buy that LaFontaine just really wanted to go back to NY. Something else happened.

IF (and I mean if) LaFontaine left because he didn't want to trade Miller and Murray did, and Murray won the battle...then this is 100% on LaFontaine. How in the world do you hire a GM and NOT be 99.99% positive you know what he's doing with your franchise player?

Obviously I don't know what happened, but I don't buy that LaFontaine just really wanted to go back to NY. Something else happened.

IF (and I mean if) LaFontaine left because he didn't want to trade Miller and Murray did, and Murray won the battle...then this is 100% on LaFontaine. How in the world do you hire a GM and NOT be 99.99% positive you know what he's doing with your franchise player?

Furthermore....there is nothing wrong with trading him and making a run with a big contract on July 1

If there was ever a time we needed a definitive piece of sports journalism, this is it. We're all flying blind here. We seem to look to print — but maybe someone like a Jeff Russo or an Adam Benigni can sort things out.

Edited by PASabreFan

If there was ever a time we needed a definitive piece of sports journalism, this is it. We're all flying blind here. We seem to look to print — but maybe someone like a Jeff Russo or an Adam Benigni can sort things out.

The lack of local coverage is disappointing. That said, there may not be much being offered up at the moment. Sabres will spin of course, but where's the counterbalance through good old-fashioned gum-show journalism?

GO BILLS!!!

The lack of local coverage is disappointing. That said, there may not be much being offered up at the moment. Sabres will spin of course, but where's the counterbalance through good old-fashioned gum-show journalism?

GO BILLS!!!

Didn't Paul Hamilton just say what he found out?

That is fine, but I don't understand why this could not have been handled in house. It sounds like an ill managed political campaign that can't keep its own people in line instead of quietly resigning to be with family with nothing further heard about the matter. I was also upset when it sounded like Nolan might be gone too. That double whammy would be too much too deal with. Like I said, I was just beginning to like the Sabres again despite the losing. Appearances are important, yes winning is too, but I gotta have both and both PLF and Nolan are part of that positive image for my view of the Sabres while they are rebuilding.

I was in Washington during one of the Murray reigns and couldn't stand the way the guy ran the Capitals and his mealy mouthed explanations. I hope this one isn't of the same ilk.

Yeah, I wouldn't want Nolan leaving either, especially during the season. I also can't tell how one go about low balling a coach that's been out of coaching for 10 years? A 3 year extension sounds like a great offer. I don't think it's going to be top dollar, nor should it be, but something middle of the road.

...so any trade rumors!!!?

Following the Sabres' trade of Ryan Miller and Steve Ott on Friday, TSN's Bob McKenzie speculated that Tim Murray may immediately turn around some of the parts he received from the Blues. McKenzie noted on Twitter that he thinks Buffalo will attempt to send G Jaroslav Halak to Minnesota and RW Chris Stewart to the Senators. According to McKenzie, names from Ottawa that may intrigue Murray include Mark Stone, Matt Puempel, Mark Borowiecki, and Fredrik Claesson.

Murray obviously went over PLF's head to get the Ott/Miller deal done. In effect, PLF did his job too well; he hired a pittbull of a GM.

PLF didn't like the move, decides to quit after learning Pegula is an unrepentant meddler.

Where did all the new posters come from?

Sabres PR people trying to manipulate the dialog, just ignore them. We all know WGR gets its talking points from here, and the rest of the fanbase takes their cues from WGR. The Sabres are trying to manage the spin at the source.

Murray obviously went over PLF's head to get the Ott/Miller deal done. In effect, PLF did his job too well; he hired a pittbull of a GM.

PLF didn't like the move, decides to quit after learning Pegula is an unrepentant meddler.

How would he be a meddler by telling PLF, you hired TM to do his job so let him do it? If anything he told PLF to stop meddling

How would he be a meddler by telling PLF, you hired TM to do his job so let him do it? If anything he told PLF to stop meddling

Not if Pegula told PLF that the hockey department was his baby.

Sabres PR people trying to manipulate the dialog, just ignore them. We all know WGR gets its talking points from here, and the rest of the fanbase takes their cues from WGR. The Sabres are trying to manage the spin at the source.

good call sizzle, looking at the posts I would have to think you are on to something

:lol:

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.