Trade Deadline 2014

LGR4GM

Teams "close" trades with a joint phone call to league HQ, and that phone call can take place after 3. I'm not sure what has to happen before 3 in order for the phone call after 3 to be allowed, though.

I'm sure that's what is blacked out in the War Room pictures, a back-end site for intra-league business, including transactions.

Chris Botta @ChrisBottaNHL

Trades still being called in to NHL offices. I believe a Vanek deal will be one of them.

Daren Millard @darenmillard

Final countdown Vanek. Moulson. Kesler. Still taded

Does he mean they've all been traded?

I would laugh if Vanek stays and then walks. Islanders in bottom 5 with Vanek should be worse without him

Edited by SabresBillsFan

Teams "close" trades with a joint phone call to league HQ, and that phone call can take place after 3. I'm not sure what has to happen before 3 in order for the phone call after 3 to be allowed, though.

1) Trade is "reported" to NHL office. This must be done before 3PM Details aren't needed before 3PM

If

He also got Halak and Stewart to flip them.

I was hoping for more of a statement move. Let's hope he had all the trades lined up :/

Stewart is a good player. I watched him a lot when I was living out in Colorado. He has another year left on his contract.

My guess is we'd get next to nothing back for Halak, so maybe keep him around and try to resign him?

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.